Deadspin's "Why your team sucks" 2016

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa Bay is hilarious when they get done with Jameis they address Glennon's giraffe neck and say they hand out safari gear to stadium patrons when he takes the field

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-tampa-bay-buccaneers-1784819402

Oh man SO MUCH goodness in this one...

"After watching supposed gurus like Norv Turner and Mike Martz and Marc Trestman come and go in this league, I’m convinced that there are no good quarterback coaches out there. They’re all frauds and megalomaniacs."

"What has always sucked: Oh, you mean Tampa? Staph City? America’s Ti**y Bar? The Midwest with palm trees? Miami for stupid people?...The only reason people live here is because they’re fleeing child support payments and/or into giving boat tours. It’s not a viable American city. We should burn it."

I always look forward to this, because the fan comments really make me resent some of the teams. Not so much the Browns or the Jags or the Bills of the league. It gives those fans of these teams who have tortured them a place to vent on a national stage. But it really burns my grits when fans of teams like the Giants, or even the Bucs, shine about their teams as though they've always let them down. Like, yeah, Eli Manning has really let you guys down, winning two super bowls and all. Gfy, don't act like you're Detroit.

This series is one of my favorite things about the lead-up to the season. Always very funny.

My god, that Browns one is brilliant. The animated gif of the Ravens' kick-six, I almost forgot about that play. I had the Ravens defense that week. That one play single-handedly won me fantasy football that week, and kept me in contention to eventually win the league.

When you live in a glass house, don't throw stones

Nice job Jimmy.

I wasn't so crazy about the Tampa one. They have struggled for the last 6 years, but were a successful franchise from Dungy through Gruden. They are creating more talent in several positions including a top RB, most likely franchise QB, WR, a much better O-Line, and some a top DT, LB, and a building group of DB's.

It has been tough to be a Bucs fan since 2010, but they are not the Browns or Titans.

Nice job Jimmy.

I wasn't so crazy about the Tampa one. They have struggled for the last 6 years, but were a successful franchise from Dungy through Gruden. They are creating more talent in several positions including a top RB, most likely franchise QB, WR, a much better O-Line, and some a top DT, LB, and a building group of DB's.

It has been tough to be a Bucs fan since 2010, but they are not the Browns or Titans.

the whole point of the series is to make fun of every team regardless of how good they are. They will find ways to hilariously rip apart the Broncos, Pats, Seahawks, etc. They are just going in draft order so the bad teams got covered first. Fans of every team should look at it as a fun way to have a sense of humor about things that go on with their players and team, not as criticism. Edited by YoloinOhio

the whole point of the series is to make fun of every team regardless of how good they are. They will find ways to hilariously rip apart the Broncos, Pats, Seahawks, etc. They are just going in draft order so the bad teams got covered first. Fans of every team should look at it as a fun way to have a sense of humor about things that go on with their players and team, not as criticism.

this