The scariest part of the upcoming 2016 season

Jobot

After last years disappointing season, my realistic view of the upcoming season does not hold tremendously high expectations. However this may be Buffalo's best opportunity to not only making the playoffs, but advance far! The problem and terrifying reality that comes with this.... is if they fail to do so, then the playoff drought may be further away then any of us can comprehend....

The biggest reason - TYROD Taylor is being paid like a backup qb (and not even a good one!). Can you imagine if the perennial contenders had this luxury for a season. The Bills essentially have an extra $20+ million compared to all other NFL teams! You see this all the time where a team peaks just before they pay their superstar players.... well that is where the Bills sit today.

If owner/GM/coach can't make it work this year and come January we see the same old story of year's past, then I'm not sure what realistic hope would exist for the Bills under the current leadership. I make no claim at being a salary cap expert... but I do feel that this is a very rare situation that should allow even an average organization to put together a successful season.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tyrods agent. He gets paid like a backup because he hasn't taken this team to a winning record and gotten his running hiney injured during last season. He's showing promise but has to proof consistency and health.

I'm feeling a lot of uncertainty this season.

I'm hoping TT emerges as a franchise QB, Roman continues to work his magic and improves the O, and Rex learns from last year's mistakes and get the D back into the top 10.

I'm fearing that injuries plague us (we have several key players with injury histories), Roman doesn't find a way to improve the O, and Rex gets exposed as a has-been.

I'm feeling a lot of uncertainty this season.

I'm hoping TT emerges as a franchise QB, Roman continues to work his magic and improves the O, and Rex learns from last year's mistakes and get the D back into the top 10.

I'm fearing that injuries plague us (we have several key players with injury histories), Roman doesn't find a way to improve the O, and Rex gets exposed as a has-been.

I would like to allow myself hope, and a pinch of excitement for the season in general.

I know ALL the potential reasons for failure. Because i read the boards !

But even without Kool aid i am pretty stoked about this season.

Best players and set of Coaches overall that i have seen in many years.

Go Bills !

After last years disappointing season, my realistic view of the upcoming season does not hold tremendously high expectations. However this may be Buffalo's best opportunity to not only making the playoffs, but advance far! The problem and terrifying reality that comes with this.... is if they fail to do so, then the playoff drought may be further away then any of us can comprehend....

The biggest reason - TYROD Taylor is being paid like a backup qb (and not even a good one!). Can you imagine if the perennial contenders had this luxury for a season. The Bills essentially have an extra $20+ million compared to all other NFL teams! You see this all the time where a team peaks just before they pay their superstar players.... well that is where the Bills sit today.

If owner/GM/coach can't make it work this year and come January we see the same old story of year's past, then I'm not sure what realistic hope would exist for the Bills under the current leadership. I make no claim at being a salary cap expert... but I do feel that this is a very rare situation that should allow even an average organization to put together a successful season.

The bold confused me.

Just admit it - you're excited to see Tyrod play and you should be. He had one hell of a year and he's worthy of our high expectations. We're afraid to go out on that limb because of all the crap we've been through - but Tyrod is worth it. He's not going to be a bum and flake out. He's good and it's just a matter of how good. Enjoy it - we have a good QB with potential. Let's let him play and have fun watching him grow. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana next year but he's our future.

The bold confused me.

Just admit it - you're excited to see Tyrod play and you should be. He had one hell of a year and he's worthy of our high expectations. We're afraid to go out on that limb because of all the crap we've been through - but Tyrod is worth it. He's not going to be a bum and flake out. He's good and it's just a matter of how good. Enjoy it - we have a good QB with potential. Let's let him play and have fun watching him grow. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana next year but he's our future.

:thumbsup:

Hello Tyrods agent. He gets paid like a backup because he hasn't taken this team to a winning record and gotten his running hiney injured during last season. He's showing promise but has to proof consistency and health.

Tyrod was announced the starting QB on 8/31/15 after a entire camp of earning it. Then as a starter his record was 8-6. so he won more than he lost. Enough too get him in as a pro bowl alternate. For a Buffalo QB even in that glorifed scrimmage that is big. granted he tossed more int's than most but he just may be the future for this long suffering franchise who in the past decades has been clueless on who can replace Jimbo.

The bold confused me.

Basically the whole point is that the stars appear to be aligned this year for the Bills and having a qb with such a micro cap hit is just as rare as finding an elite qb. But if you were to ask me to put money on if any of this comes to fruition.... I wouldn't bet on it.

Basically the whole point is that the stars appear to be aligned this year for the Bills and having a qb with such a micro cap hit is just as rare as finding an elite qb. But if you were to ask me to put money on if any of this comes to fruition.... I wouldn't bet on it.

have you read my sig?

But i would not bet on anything Bills. This s**t is haunted at best.

But agree that this is a sweet spot for Buffalo Bills.

Now go get it

If things don't pan out, won't we draft a QB and see what the Ohio State kid has (and probably sign a journeyman to compete for the starting job)? In that situation, we still wouldn't end up paying a QB big money for a long while.

Edited by fallen627

Fans are so weird. They need that hype to feel good about anything.

We know this team is talented, we said that before last year. We know when they put it together not many teams can beat them, we have seen it.

This team is better today than they were last year, but most fans think they are worse. Having QB settled entering the 2nd year in an offense is a rare occurrence in Buffalo. Not only that but the entire OL returns, an OL that for what they are asked to do is one of the best in the NFL.

Yes, but the defense. News flash, they are very talented. Rex had a horrible 1st year. The defense will be good. They were inconsistent last season for many reasons.

As for the $20 million you speak of? Its eaten up by Mario and other dead cap hits. The Bills are in great shape cap wise. This was the tight year because of Mario. Mario a good player, but there is a reason he isnt part of many good teams.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

You confuse me again. Are the "stars aligned" or are you betting this blows up?

You cannot live in fear

That said....the next time I see a offensive play where TT is out BLOCKING for a ball carrier I am gonna want to punch someone.

Agreed, I'll do the same if I see him take on a defender instead of sliding after he already has a first down.