Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

If that is true, and he moved to get that gun...especially after being expressly told not to reach for the gun (or there would be life ending consequences), it's justified all day long. He had already threatened someone with the gun, and now he is moving to get the gun after they told him not to touch it. I believe it is safe to presume that reaching for the gun showed intent to do violence. He wouldn't reach for it to hand it to the cops, especially after they just said "if you go for the gun, we will shoot you" (paraphrase). So, I don't see how anyone in their right mind could call for a murder prosecution...if he had a gun and moved towards taking possession of it. Sure, it "looks bad" because the cop is on top of him and at close range. It's ugly. It has bad optics. I have news for you though, guns fire up just as well as they do down.

But, I will wait for all the facts before rendering an educated opinion on whether it is justified or not.

Lot of conflicting stuff coming out. Some "framing" angles with gun falling out of pocket after he was shot.

Guess we will find out soon or we will get Hillary'd.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of conflicting stuff coming out. Some "framing" angles with gun falling out of pocket after he was shot.

Guess we will find out soon or we will get Hillary'd.

Apparently the victim, Alton Sterling, was a convicted felon and should not have had a gun.

That said, the store owner, who took one of the videos and was standing with an unencumbered view of the incident, said that the gun remained in Mr. Sterling's pocket and the officers took it out after he was shot. I believe that that shows in the video. The store owner said that he wasn't sure why the cops were there and that Sterling was a nice guy who never had a problem in the five or six years that he had been selling cds outside his establishment.

I guess that the Baton Rouge, La officers had an apprehension of immediate danger and/or threat to their livelihood or the livelihood of others when Mr. Sterling was on the ground (having just been tased) pinned by two police officers on either end of his body, one with gun drawn and one with a taser or gun.

Apparently the victim, Alton Sterling, was a convicted felon and should not have had a gun.

That said, the store owner, who took one of the videos and was standing with an unencumbered view of the incident, said that the gun remained in Mr. Sterling's pocket and the officers took it out after he was shot. I believe that that shows in the video. The store owner said that he wasn't sure why the cops were there and that Sterling was a nice guy who never had a problem in the five or six years that he had been selling cds outside his establishment.

I guess that the Baton Rouge, La officers had an apprehension of immediate danger and/or threat to their livelihood or the livelihood of others when Mr. Sterling was on the ground (having just been tased) pinned by two police officers on either end of his body, one with gun drawn and one with a taser or gun.

cops are toast. They pulled gun out of his deep pockets after killing him

People are freaking over the cop who shots Twitter which has a trump profile pic and pics of him holding guns elsewhere.

Not looking good for these policemen. These 2 shmo's will have Williams back in action soon.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sadly, the second video does not provide the magic viewpoint of Sterlings right hand either. It does show the officer at Sterlings feet appear to struggle at his right pocket just before the shots are fired. Presuming that they were struggling over keeping Sterling from gaining control of the gun. At which point are they justified in defending themselves after they just warned Sterling? When he gains control of the weapon? When he gains control of it and points it at them? When he pulls the trigger? Are they supposed to question the store clerk into his opinion of the character of Sterling before defending themselves?

If....IF Sterling was attempting to gain control of that firearm, this shooting is more solidly justified than Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin put together.

Where was the wrestling with cops part ?

They are all standing and one cop goes urlacher on him.

If what store owner said is true they are out of line. If he was acting in threatening manner before urlacher got him then they will to get off but BLM will ruin their lives either way. Guess we will be hearing about this for a while and everyone is seeing what they want to see.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/baton-rouge-store-owner-says-his-video-shows-cops-murdered-n604841

""He just wanted to know what was going on. Why are they coming to arrest him?" Muflahi said. "He was asking them: 'What'd I do wrong? What's going on? What'd I do wrong? Why you messing with me?'"

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Where was the wrestling with cops part ?

They are all standing and one cop goes urlacher on him.

If what store owner said is true they are out of line. If he was acting in threatening manner before urlacher got him then they will to get off but BLM will ruin their lives either way. Guess we will be hearing about this for a while and everyone is seeing what they want to see.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/baton-rouge-store-owner-says-his-video-shows-cops-murdered-n604841

""He just wanted to know what was going on. Why are they coming to arrest him?" Muflahi said. "He was asking them: 'What'd I do wrong? What's going on? What'd I do wrong? Why you messing with me?'"

Which -- as far as I've always understood it -- you are not allowed to do while you are physically resisting arrest. I'm not sure how this whole 'cops are required to get me to agree to be arrested before I have to stop fighting them' mentality got started but it's been a feature of almost every one of these shooting situations.

Arguing that you did nothing wrong is supposed to happen in court.

Thankfully, in this country, questioning the reason for an arrest, being physically and emotionally agitated after being tased and then tackled to the ground, while there is a suspicion that the suspect has a gun or knife but with none having been produced *during* the confrontation, has classically been a justifiable reason to shoot a suspect in the chest over whom you have control and with backup present.

You can watch that exact same situation on the show "Cops" all the time and it seems to end the same way. All shot. White folks, gun, knives, meth, missing teeth (instead of gold teeth), struggle, trailer park, screaming chick, wife named Trisha, mullet, lt1 f body Camaro with "intimidator" window decal and mis-matched tires, hostess cinnamon, powder, and plain cake donuts, jorts, whitesnake 1987 Texas jam concert faded t-shirt, calf-height socks, pbr vintage snap back hat, emaciated, dale/Denny/Junior, skin always jaundiced, pre-paid flip phone and unending supply of prescription pain medication in various Centrum chewable containers. All shot. You can watch the show "cops" and see for yourself.

Seriously, just watch the show "Cops." Search YouTube. Where is bman? I'm sure he can come through with his unique brand of plagiarism and show everyone some peer reviewed articles or objective video so that we can leave these poor 'completely-in-the-right' officers alone.

Why does no one cry for the white man on "cops" who are constantly being shot point blank in the chest while doing the exact same thing? It's reverse racism.

#whitelivesmatter

#whitesnakeandmotleycrue

#mybrotherlegitimatelyisamemberofmensaandthatprobablymakeshimsmarterthanyourdaughterandcatcombined

#70yearoldswillprobablysellyouvicodinpillsfordennysmoneyorif yougivethemrandom15%couponstoplaces

#kurtvonnegutislaughingatyou

Bat signal for bman ...

Bed time. Court tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Edited by Juror#8

if you think that the officers had complete control of Mr. Sterling, we have opposing views. They certainly did not have control over him. It is incredibly difficult to gain complete control over someone who doesn't want to be controlled. Extremely difficult. Regarding backup, I suggest you ask Tampa PD Officers Kocab and Curtis how having a backup officer automatically means that a struggle with an armed felon is not life threatening. Oh, you can't. They are both dead. But, keep on with your rant. Let's continue demonizing those that protect us, while canonizing those that leech the lifeblood out of society. This country is so backasswards.

Thankfully, in this country, questioning the reason for an arrest, being physically and emotionally agitated after being tased and then tackled to the ground, while there is a suspicion that the suspect has a gun or knife but with none having been produced *during* the confrontation, has classically been a justifiable reason to shoot a suspect in the chest over whom you have control and with backup present.

You can watch that exact same situation on the show "Cops" all the time and it seems to end the same way. All shot. White folks, gun, knives, meth, missing teeth (instead of gold teeth), struggle, trailer park, screaming chick, wife named Trisha, mullet, lt1 f body Camaro with "intimidator" window decal and mis-matched tires, hostess cinnamon, powder, and plain cake donuts, jorts, whitesnake 1987 Texas jam concert faded t-shirt, calf-height socks, pbr vintage snap back hat, emaciated, dale/Denny/Junior, skin always jaundiced, pre-paid flip phone and unending supply of prescription pain medication in various Centrum chewable containers. All shot. You can watch the show "cops" and see for yourself.

Seriously, just watch the show "Cops." Search YouTube. Where is bman? I'm sure he can come through with his unique brand of plagiarism and show everyone some peer reviewed articles or objective video so that we can leave these poor 'completely-in-the-right' officers alone.

Why does no one cry for the white man on "cops" who are constantly being shot point blank in the chest while doing the exact same thing? It's reverse racism.

#whitelivesmatter

#whitesnakeandmotleycrue

#mybrotherlegitimatelyisamemberofmensaandthatprobablymakeshimsmarterthanyourdaughterandcatcombined

#70yearoldswillprobablysellyouvicodinpillsfordennysmoneyorif yougivethemrandom15%couponstoplaces

#kurtvonnegutislaughingatyou

Bat signal for bman ...

Bed time. Court tomorrow. Wish me luck.

What am I reading?

if you think that the officers had complete control of Mr. Sterling, we have opposing views. They certainly did not have control over him. It is incredibly difficult to gain complete control over someone who doesn't want to be controlled. Extremely difficult. Regarding backup, I suggest you ask Tampa PD Officers Kocab and Curtis how having a backup officer automatically means that a struggle with an armed felon is not life threatening. Oh, you can't. They are both dead. But, keep on with your rant. Let's continue demonizing those that protect us, while canonizing those that leech the lifeblood out of society. This country is so backasswards.

Crystal clear huh ?

What am I reading?

You're reading what Twitter is saying. Lots of videos of white guys with hands on their guns on hips while cops deescalate without shooting or other videos of white guys beating cops asses without getting shot.

BLM is back. Justified or not. Search #altonsterling and you will see what people think they are seeing.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Tell em Sig!! I wouldn't even worry about these libs. You're wasting your time trying to reason with them. They're always going to blame the officers and it's never the black victim's fault. The black always gets a free pass. Those officers are good Americans and the mere suggestion that could have used excessive force or act in any way extrajudicially when faced with an unfamiliar or uncomfortable situation is an affront to any traditional right-minded sense of decency and doesn't dignify a serious response from you. I would have leaned on red herrings and appeals to patriotism too because officers don't make mistakes and their infallibility is the reason that they're given the solemn responsibility to protect and serve in the first place. It's a damned shame that anyone could watch that video and see anything at all other than two guys who love baseball and equity and who are fairly and disapassionately and temperately doing their jobs. Obviously sterling did everything that he could to be shot and his actions, as far as we can tell on the video, inarguably, demonstrates that he was the aggressor who may have been going for the officer's sidearm. If the black didn't want to be shot, the black shouldn't have been moving especially after being tased and body slammed with someone kneeing, pressing, and pushing in just about every area of his massive frame.

What am I reading?

Someone messaged me once and said I don't agree with much of what you say but you say what you say better than anyone says anything that I agree with.

I write for him. I polemicize for him. And that's what you're reading friend.

I'm just fed up with these blacks thinking that they can get away with attacking police officers just because they're black and have blm at their back.

Racism never existed and slavery/segregation was a farce and overstated ... especially in the South. People familiy's don't hold on to separatist and racist feelings especially just 1-2 generation removed from legal segregation and Jim Crow. To be sure, show me one officer who ever admitted to using excessive force? Exactly. In the last 300 years, if that really existed, someone would have admitted to it if that was a real thing instead of a creation of the deranged liberal mind, right?

Right?

Edited by Juror#8

Let's continue demonizing those that protect us, while canonizing those that leech the lifeblood out of society. This country is so backasswards.

Another salient point that I missed because your overall post is so compelling. You're making my point so demonstrably though you may not realize it. Thank you brother.

Anyway, blacks and minorities are doing everything they can to steal and suck every piece of vitality from this great country but then they had the audacity to complain when they catch some heat to the chest when they are inarguably in the wrong and aggressively attacking law enforcement. !@#$ing apes ...

Edited by Juror#8

You know at least as well as I do that you can't reason someone out of an emotional position.

And that goes for both "sides" of this ridiculous, weird, black-and-white (no pun intended) argument.

You know at least as well as I do that you can't reason someone out of an emotional position.

And that goes for both "sides" of this ridiculous, weird, black-and-white (no pun intended) argument.

This is true. But it's interesting to see how candid people can be and whence their deepest and truest feelings about a circumstance comes.