Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

If cops just pulled people over to get money, why would they bother with poor people that don't have money? Go after the people that got money. Mercedes, BMWs, Cadillacs etc. Be like the bank robber dude, go where the money is :).

All the cops are busy harassing Exilll. Rest of us are safe.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats is why I had time to keep going straight, I was practically stopped without stalling (5-10mph)... The engine lugged a little in 2nd.

I heard the train prior, just couldn't process which way, etc... Until I got a slight visual. In town, buildings block the view until the turn approaches.

Gave him jusy enough cop out to harass me.

I understand then why make up a 41 in a 35? Because I didn't say a word, roll down my window all the way? Played cat and mouse.

I have my safety too to think of. I don't know who the clown behind me is and if I think it is a cop, what happens if he isn't a real cop.

A few weeks earlier on expressway, I had a clown in an unmarked car turn on lights and sirens... I thought I was getting pulled over. I pulled over. The guy zoomed right by me. Then shut lights off.

This is @$&!ing Ill-Annoy.

Sometimes I read your posts and get your point. I don't agree with much you think or say, but my experiences shape my view of the world as yours likely shape yours.

That said, this sequence on the cops and being pulled over is hard for me to follow even though I'm trying to be open minded. It's like trying to listen to a new rap song when the rapper is too close to the mike, I can't make out much and what I can is peppered with phrases unfamiliar to me.

When were you were pulled over for blimping? For racing the train? Was it recent? And when you're just cracking the window to slip the license out like a political operative in a jason Bourne movie--would it be fair to think the officer might feel you were hiding something? Do they know that trick where you live?

I've been pulled over quite a few times over the years. I'd acknowledge some of the officers were very dickish--presumably to encourage me to engage in dialogue. In other cases they were friendly and professional...even when handing me a ticket.

In other words..my interaction when stopped sorta mirrors my interaction with people in general. I think....you're a large part of your problem. You're out blimping and lugging engines and playing cat and mouse. And 41in a 35 was how the cop played "gotcha"?

Sometimes I read your posts and get your point. I don't agree with much you think or say, but my experiences shape my view of the world as yours likely shape yours.

That said, this sequence on the cops and being pulled over is hard for me to follow even though I'm trying to be open minded. It's like trying to listen to a new rap song when the rapper is too close to the mike, I can't make out much and what I can is peppered with phrases unfamiliar to me.

When were you were pulled over for blimping? For racing the train? Was it recent? And when you're just cracking the window to slip the license out like a political operative in a jason Bourne movie--would it be fair to think the officer might feel you were hiding something? Do they know that trick where you live?

I've been pulled over quite a few times over the years. I'd acknowledge some of the officers were very dickish--presumably to encourage me to engage in dialogue. In other cases they were friendly and professional...even when handing me a ticket.

In other words..my interaction when stopped sorta mirrors my interaction with people in general. I think....you're a large part of your problem. You're out blimping and lugging engines and playing cat and mouse. And 41in a 35 was how the cop played "gotcha"?

I wasn't racing for the train... I just wanted to stay moving in the general direction of my destination. Roads are gridded off here.

But I beat both raps in court. First one was hard, two appeals. So obviously somebody was listening. Second one (bogus speeding rap) was easy, the dude never showed up to court. He knew he was wrong.

Yeah, I am part of the problem. I don't ask for permission, but I will beg forgiveness. Yet, I won't beg to the bully on the street.

You are absolutely right though... Well mostly. Don't you have a gym class to teach? :D

I wasn't racing for the train... I just wanted to stay moving in the general direction of my destination. Roads are gridded off here.

But I beat both raps in court. First one was hard, two appeals. So obviously somebody was listening. Second one (bogus speeding rap) was easy, the dude never showed up to court. He knew he was wrong.

Yeah, I am part of the problem. I don't ask for permission, but I will beg forgiveness. Yet, I won't beg to the bully on the street.

You are absolutely right though... Well mostly. Don't you have a gym class to teach? :D

Wait...are the gym teachers after you too?

Congrats on the success in court. I was successful only 2/5 times, but to be fair I was speeding to begin with, so I figure I'm ahead of the game. But...back to my original question. The cop wrote a bogus ticket...and you're sure the only reason for his failure to show up was he knew you had him? Could it have been something less sinister...like his baby was born, he screwed up the nights or maybe he had strep?

(I had to edit this...I missed the gym teacher reference until I hit send. Well done sir.)

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Wait...are the gym teachers after you too?

Congrats on the success in court. I was successful only 2/5 times, but to be fair I was speeding to begin with, so I figure I'm ahead of the game. But...back to my original question. The cop wrote a bogus ticket...and you're sure the only reason for his failure to show up was he knew you had him? Could it have been something less sinister...like his baby was born, he screwed up the nights or maybe he had strep?

Sure. Of course.

I did get a "speeding ticket" about 5 years ago. The officer showed. The officer did have a better case (radar or so he said) than my most recent encounters. Said he got me on radar going the opposite way. I went to court (always have your day in court). He showed. I beat that, I got him to make his story not credible and the judge tossed it. Sure, sure, it was liberal Cook county, Markham. My defense was he radar'd another car. He remembered almost nothing of the incident except: "the judge will side with me." "I always do the speed limit." I created reasonable doubt. Good thing I didn't have a judge that blindly just believes what these cops say... Of course many lie to get the easy prey. Judges want to tack on the court fees too? Somebody has to pay the bills. Why just give in if you feel you are in the right. Why feed the system.

If you believe traffic court has anything to do with justice rather than a dog and pony show, I have some nice land in Florida to sell you.

Personally, I'd rather not waste my time in court at all than to bait a cop into giving me a ticket.

They simply do not have to give a ticket if is not just, ethical, etc.... Nothing about "bait." They should know the law. One either breaks it or they don't. If they are taking "bait", they are in the wrong professional. They need to be on Wall Street, not Main Street. Therein lies the answer to all this.

They simply do not have to give a ticket if is not just, ethical, etc.... Nothing about "bait." They should know the law. One either breaks it or they don't. If they are taking "bait", they are in the wrong professional. They need to be on Wall Street, not Main Street. Therein lies the answer to all this.

What was the question?

It sucks that you base your opinion on the entirety of law enforcement officers on a relative few contacts. You really should broaden your horizons. Put yourselves in their shoes. When he is walking up to your car and speaking with you, he doesn't know that you are a harmless Bills fan. His primary goal is to get out of that traffic stop without any additional holes. He has to be on guard at all times, mentally, physically, and emotionally. This can come off as him being prickish, cold, uncaring, rude. It's the way it is. You haven't seen what he has. You haven't experienced what he has. Vice versa is also true. When we can come to this understanding, we will all be better off.

I know it really pisses you off, but the fact is that there are some people that have more legal authority than you. Sometimes, they have legal authority over you. Instead of trying to buck that reality, try being polite and non confrontational (for !@#$s sake, don't "pull over" cops). Swallow your pride, man. I am willing to bet you will see a more pleasant, "at ease" police officer the next time you get pulled over. You probably won't get that chickenturd ticket either. We all know that there will be a next time...

It sucks that you base your opinion on the entirety of law enforcement officers on a relative few contacts. You really should broaden your horizons. Put yourselves in their shoes. When he is walking up to your car and speaking with you, he doesn't know that you are a harmless Bills fan. His primary goal is to get out of that traffic stop without any additional holes. He has to be on guard at all times, mentally, physically, and emotionally. This can come off as him being prickish, cold, uncaring, rude. It's the way it is. You haven't seen what he has. You haven't experienced what he has. Vice versa is also true. When we can come to this understanding, we will all be better off.

I know it really pisses you off, but the fact is that there are some people that have more legal authority than you. Sometimes, they have legal authority over you. Instead of trying to buck that reality, try being polite and non confrontational (for !@#$s sake, don't "pull over" cops). Swallow your pride, man. I am willing to bet you will see a more pleasant, "at ease" police officer the next time you get pulled over. You probably won't get that chickenturd ticket either. We all know that there will be a next time...

You are still clueless, like this should be some pissing contest. I know where the authority lies and respect that for all our well being as a societal group.

Have you not read the link I posted:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/08/03/how-the-supreme-court-made-it-legal-for-cops-to-pull-you-over-for-just-about-anything#.dKdCN5pBJ

How your profession is conducting their job goes against the very fiber of what America stands for.

The war against ourselves:

http://lawreview.law.miami.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/The-War-Against-Ourselves_-_i_Heien-v.pdf

"Approximately fifty years ago, America declared a war

against itself—the “War on Drugs.” Since then, our local

and state police, armed with military weapons and federal

funding, have fought tirelessly against “public enemy number

one”—drugs. Not surprisingly, this war has created an

atmosphere where it is now common to see police officers

equipped with a mentality and armor that had previously

only been seen in the dark-trenches of an international war

zone. Worse yet, this battlefield mentality has leaked into almost

every area of police-civilian encounters.

As a “loyal foot solider” in the Executive’s War on

Drugs, however, the Supreme Court has played an important

role in the current state of affairs between police officers and

citizens, most recently in its decision in Heien v. North Carolina,

which held that an officer’s mistake of law can provide

reasonable suspicion necessary to justify police intrusion

into countless more citizens’ lives. Consequently, this Note

takes a closer look at the consequences of allowing police

mistakes of law to give rise to reasonable suspicion in the

background of the War on Drugs and police militarization..."

Why a group of people are getting fed up with proactive, over zealous policing. A lot are in the wrong profession.

Proactive equals over-zealous. Got it. You've answered everything I need to know with that question. If you support a completely reactive police force - let's wait for the crime to occur before we do anything - you and I will never be at a point where we can see each other's point of view. That position, to me, is a disaster. I give up. Good night, ladies!

You are still clueless, like this should be some pissing contest. I know where the authority lies and respect that for all our well being as a societal group.

Have you not read the link I posted:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/08/03/how-the-supreme-court-made-it-legal-for-cops-to-pull-you-over-for-just-about-anything#.dKdCN5pBJ

How your profession is conducting their job goes against the very fiber of what America stands for.

The war against ourselves:

http://lawreview.law.miami.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/The-War-Against-Ourselves_-_i_Heien-v.pdf

"Approximately fifty years ago, America declared a war

against itself—the “War on Drugs.” Since then, our local

and state police, armed with military weapons and federal

funding, have fought tirelessly against “public enemy number

one”—drugs. Not surprisingly, this war has created an

atmosphere where it is now common to see police officers

equipped with a mentality and armor that had previously

only been seen in the dark-trenches of an international war

zone. Worse yet, this battlefield mentality has leaked into almost

every area of police-civilian encounters.

As a “loyal foot solider” in the Executive’s War on

Drugs, however, the Supreme Court has played an important

role in the current state of affairs between police officers and

citizens, most recently in its decision in Heien v. North Carolina,

which held that an officer’s mistake of law can provide

reasonable suspicion necessary to justify police intrusion

into countless more citizens’ lives. Consequently, this Note

takes a closer look at the consequences of allowing police

mistakes of law to give rise to reasonable suspicion in the

background of the War on Drugs and police militarization..."

Yeah, I read it. I'm well aware of the case law. You might wanna read the actual case. Because, in every single post about it you neglect to use the Supreme's language - "a reasonable mistake of law". REASONABLE. Do you know what that means?

"Among deprivations of rights, none is so effective in

cowing a population, crushing the spirit of the individual

and putting terror in every heart. Uncontrolled

search and seizure is one of the first and most effective

weapons in the arsenal of every arbitrary government.

. . . [T]he human personality deteriorates

and dignity and self-reliance disappear where homes,

persons and possessions are subject at any hour to

unheralded search and seizure by the police."

~Brinegar v. United States, 338 U.S. 160, 180–81 (1949) (Jackson, J., dissenting)

Proactive equals over-zealous. Got it. You've answered everything I need to know with that question. If you support a completely reactive police force - let's wait for the crime to occur before we do anything - you and I will never be at a point where we can see each other's point of view. That position, to me, is a disaster. I give up. Good night, ladies!

Yeah, I read it. I'm well aware of the case law. You might wanna read the actual case. Because, in every single post about it you neglect to use the Supreme's language - "a reasonable mistake of law". REASONABLE. Do you know what that means?

Reasonable

"Since Heien, some courts have found mistakes of law by police to be so obvious as to be objectively unreasonable. That happened in Iowa, where police proved ignorant of the law on open alcohol containers. That happened in New Jersey, where police proved ignorant of the law on high beams."

"But now police and prosecutors everywhere have a new argument to make, no matter the nature of their screw-up. In many cases, courts were already excusing mistakes of fact. In June, an appeals court in Minnesota excused a sheriff’s deputy who said a driver didn’t signal a lane change, when, the deputy’s dash-cam showed, the driver did. That same month, "an appeals court in Wisconsin excused a sheriff’s deputy who stopped what he thought was a Pontiac Sunfire because the plates were registered to a Chevrolet Cavalier; it turned out, the car he pulled over was a Cavalier."

These sure sounds reasonable, yeah sure, if one is blind and dyslexic.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Why a group of people are getting fed up with proactive, over zealous policing. A lot are in the wrong profession.

Glad we've got this solved now so we can move onto other things.

"Police from California to Kansas to Illinois to New Hampshire proved ignorant of the law on items ranging from tail lights to turn signals to tinted windows to fog lines to U-turns to red lights — only to be rewarded for it, as judges, in the typical scenario, refused to throw out evidence (drugs, most often) seized as a result of the ill-founded stops."

No drugs, but a gun on his lap. Only to get scared and shoot the citizen.

I wonder what the real deal was with the "broken tail light" in Minny? And the dead chump in Minnesota. Did it really violate the law? Motor vehicle code in Minnesota. I sure the hell hope so!