Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am praying for peace. Nothing wrong w/that. But... Don't you think it will take a little more than some hugs, prayers, and warm fuzzy feelings? You can cut the drama on both sides w/a knife.

Basically, let's all wish this way?

Simply put, for change, this can't be business as usual for BOTH sides. Hugs will help. How far has prayer got the AA community.

There is a place for God and or higher spirit in all our lives...

...It is a start. Get both sides talking and walking together. Establish respect between cultural differences and daily behaviors.

And you're basing this on what? How much time do you spend in Buffalo's "ghettos"?

Years ago.

There I have only worked 5 years @ what used to be the old Central Park Plaza. It was rough. But I wasn't around for these new rulings, like the one I cited above.

Here in Illinois, South Side/suburbs very much more diverse.

30 years driving through some of the most poorest & racially segregated AND racially diverse (yes Virginia places do exist near each other like that) neighborhoods in the country. While, myself living those years in a working class to working poor community.

The police practice of harrassing the people they should be serving better has this white guy soured on them. Thank you... I don't need their help, I will go it alone.

I have had to fight my way out of court two times in past two years... And it is a royal PITA going up against a bloated gov't and dumbass cops that don't even know most of the law they are supposed to enforce... But they deserve all the mulligans they can get. Be very VERY careful what you wish for.

All the TeaBaggers cry about the IRS? I'd rather deal w/them. Not ideally, but better than the "jack-boot gov't thugs*" that seem to being roaming around @ the The worst possible times.

*And those aren't my words. The mistrust of gov't was started long ago.

You sure seem to be a magnet for the cops. I have a sneaking suspicion you drive the same way you write. All over the !@#$ing place. :doh:

Edited by Chef Jim

Overly empathetic white guy = King of the losers.

Call it what you want. But we have been making it alone, 500 miles from the closet family member, raised a family, two children on a very modest income. Not one lick of daily support. I know a lot do it... I don't call them losers.

Hardworking lawenforcement aren't losers either, just victims of the system they so valiantly fight to protect. In ways, I am no different.

You sure seem to be a magnet for the cops. I have a sneaking suspicion you drive the same way you write. All over the !@#$ing place. :doh:

I do admit, as I get older, I am more confrontational. Doesn't mean I a breaking any laws. Yes, raising their suspicion inadvertently, it is their job to stand down. Don't tread on me.

Call it what you want. But we have been making it alone, 500 miles from the closet family member, raised a family, two children on a very modest income. Not one lick of daily support. I know a lot do it... I don't call them losers.

Hardworking lawenforcement aren't losers either, just victims of the system they so valiantly fight to protect. In ways, I am no different.

I do admit, as I get older, I am more confrontational. Doesn't mean I a breaking any laws. Yes, raising their suspicion inadvertently, it is their job to stand down. Don't tread on me.

And what exactly are you doing to raise their suspicion?

And what exactly are you doing to raise their suspicion?

The one stop. The cop kept on following all through town. Our streets are grids. I saw him tailing me. Like you said, I made as many rights and lefts (legal turns) to get back home... To see if he would stand down, disengage. I finally pulled him over and asked him why he was harassing me. I had the cracked Jeep window that was not violating the motor vehicle code. He said: "It didn't matter" I suspect he was digging for something else. What a hassle getting that tossed. Two appeals.

Another time. I blipped right, seeing a long freight train go through the crossing, I decided to go straight. It was the general direction of my travel and I would spend less time @ other crossing. I seen him a few miles earlier, I knew he was far behind me before blipped right. He began to tail me for another coupke of miles. I moved to the right, for him to pass. He moved behind me. I moved to the left for him to pass, he harassed me again and got behind me... That's when the lights came on. He couldn't find anything on me while asking why "I was playing cat and mouse." I told him I do NOT like be harassed, just pass me and stop tailgating me. He trumped up a 41 in a 35 for "punishment". I was glancing at my digital speedo the whole time stuck on 35. He never showed up in court... Ticket was tossed.

I agree... Most are their own worst enemy. If you have to much baggage and can't afford to fight, just kiss their ass and get out gracefully... If you can.

That 2013 SCOTUS ruling does have ramifications the past couple of years.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

HOLY ****!! That is perfect.

That cop deserves a medal. I love as EII is pulling away. "Bye". :w00t:

No, he doesn't. That cop knew exactly what he was doing: refusing to get baited into a fight and acting increasingly patronizing towards the guy, thus torquing him off even more. You don't get a medal for playing mind games.

Even awesome, hilarious, appropriate mind games.

That's exactly how I pictured it!

I didnt get mad... Not at all. I am pretty calm guy in these situations.

No, he doesn't. That cop knew exactly what he was doing: refusing to get baited into a fight and acting increasingly patronizing towards the guy, thus torquing him off even more. You don't get a medal for playing mind games.

Even awesome, hilarious, appropriate mind games.

Exactly.

BTW... I don't have a bruuuutal New England accent.

:-)

And you're basing this on what? How much time do you spend in Buffalo's "ghettos"?

I lived between East Delavan and Genesee for four years and in those four years I experienced around 20 police check stops compared to 2 during my previous 27 years of driving and living in Riverside, North Buffalo, and Amherst and 1 post during the 6 years I've been living in sticks- The most annoying is when I had to go through the same check point twice because I had to return to the school I was working at for parents conferences.

I lived between East Delavan and Genesee for four years and in those four years I experienced around 20 police check stops compared to 2 during my previous 27 years of driving and living in Riverside, North Buffalo, and Amherst and 1 post during the 6 years I've been living in sticks- The most annoying is when I had to go through the same check point twice because I had to return to the school I was working at for parents conferences.

God forbid the areas with the highest crime rates should have the highest police presence.

You guys remember, I work for the fed gov't, I would have waited there all night and fell asleep on the cop.

I was hoping to bore him to death. Maybe miss some of my work.

:-P

Should have had him read some of your posts.

The one stop. The cop kept on following all through town. Our streets are grids. I saw him tailing me. Like you said, I made as many rights and lefts (legal turns) to get back home... To see if he would stand down, disengage. I finally pulled him over and asked him why he was harassing me. I had the cracked Jeep window that was not violating the motor vehicle code. He said: "It didn't matter" I suspect he was digging for something else. What a hassle getting that tossed. Two appeals.

Another time. I blipped right, seeing a long freight train go through the crossing, I decided to go straight. It was the general direction of my travel and I would spend less time @ other crossing. I seen him a few miles earlier, I knew he was far behind me before blipped right. He began to tail me for another coupke of miles. I moved to the right, for him to pass. He moved behind me. I moved to the left for him to pass, he harassed me again and got behind me... That's when the lights came on. He couldn't find anything on me while asking why "I was playing cat and mouse." I told him I do NOT like be harassed, just pass me and stop tailgating me. He trumped up a 41 in a 35 for "punishment". I was glancing at my digital speedo the whole time stuck on 35. He never showed up in court... Ticket was tossed.

I agree... Most are their own worst enemy. If you have to much baggage and can't afford to fight, just kiss their ass and get out gracefully... If you can.

That 2013 SCOTUS ruling does have ramifications the past couple of years.

WTF is blipping right?? :huh:

What kind of check stops?

It is their playground. Let them tread on you all they want... You can fight later in the proper forum. Especially now w/dash cams. Don't give them anything too special to remember your case in court. Remember, they give out many of these tickets... Make 100's if not more stops by the time you get to court. Let the memory of one stop bleed into the next, they will look less credible in court.

Crack the window just a little so you can pass out your license, insurance, and registration. Dont say a word unless you are asked a question. Only answer questions. Remember, they are investgating other things you may have wrong. Almost everbody has something wrong, even if it is a tag hanging from rear view mirror. Since 2013 SCOTUS ruling, they don't have to be right about pulling you over, just find something else. They don't even have to know the law properly. SCOTUS gave them free reign in their playground. A little bit a booze on breath and you are in a world of hurt, even if you are below limit. Don't even think about taking a drop before you drive! That is why you crack the window. Drunks will be cruising down the road in dead of winter w/window wide open... Dead give away, red flag for cops.

That is my SOP. Not one word, not even hello... Just wait, wait, wait... Make eye contact. Hands on wheel.

Enjoy the silence! Move on when he wants you to move on. I waited so long one time after the ticket that he came back and asked why I was waiting. I told him, I was waiting for him to go first. I went extra, extra slow. I called work, cleaned my glove box out, etc...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The kind where the are seem to be looking for over due inspection or car registration

OMG that's horrific!! Those poor poor people. :doh:

Did you ever think that maybe they get a pretty good hit rate with those parts of town not because they are poor and can't afford to get their cars inspected or registered but because they're too !@#$ing lazy and tend not to like be bothered with following the rules. Hence the reason they're poor.