Best one hit wonder?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Even though nobody ever plays Floyd's Brain Damage w/out following it w/ Eclipse; they're 2 separate songs. Just like This Beat Goes On & Switchin' to Glide are 2 songs that nearly always are played in succession. ;)

Even though nobody ever plays Floyd's Brain Damage w/out following it w/ Eclipse; they're 2 separate songs. Just like This Beat Goes On & Switchin' to Glide are 2 songs that nearly always are played in succession. ;)

Yes! Along with Queen's We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. It brings my brains to a boil when the first is played in a random shuffle/playlist or Pandora and then succeeded by something else :D

maybe this belongs in the 'feel good song' thread... or the NBA thread... but this was a great early 'rap' song. Don't ask me if Mr. Blow had any other hits. I have no clue so I'm rolling with it here.

The only other noteworthy song of his was "The Breaks."

a-ha is not a one hit wonder band

You must be from Norway ... I can't remember any song but that one and I had that cassette. Apparently it's the only one "Rolling Stone" can remember too...it was ranked as their #1 one hit wonder song.

Just looked up Billboard; Take on Me #1 in '85. Sun always Shines #20 - '86. That's it. So technically, they aren't a one hit wonder...they made the charts a whopping twice. My bad.

Edited by Eric95403

You must be from Norway ... I can't remember any song but that one and I had that cassette. Apparently it's the only one "Rolling Stone" can remember too...it was ranked as their #1 one hit wonder song.

Just looked up Billboard; Take on Me #1 in '85. Sun always Shines #20 - '86. That's it.

This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. What is a "hit"? A #1 song? Top-10? Top-20? Top-40?

This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. What is a "hit"? A #1 song? Top-10? Top-20? Top-40?

It's gotta be Top 40 ... Billboard Top 40 is iconic.

On another note, there is no doubt this is a one hit wonder. Maybe a couple hits if you're lucky. "Afternoon Delight"

Edited by Eric95403