(OT)File sharing program- Help!

SD Jarhead

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering which file sharing program you all reccommend with the least amount of spyware and bogus files. Thanks!

247211[/snapback]

Tracylee is the person to talk to. Her and her son, with her help are the masters at downloading and burning illegal copies of movies. Of course I haven't seen her since she admitted to it, maybe she is with Martha Stewart right now.

I use winmx. It's free, free of spyware and has a lot of legit legal (pictures, videos) and illegal (mp3s) files. Just make sure to unshare your directory. I'm not saying i download illegal files (don't want another 34 page philosophical debate thread), but i do know they're there if you want them.

or you could go to best buy and purchase your material... Hey, its the only way you'll hold your junk in an argument about free capitolism. (and the countdown till this gets moved to PPP begins.)

I use winmx.  It's free, free of spyware and has a lot of legit legal (pictures, videos) and illegal (mp3s) files.  Just make sure to unshare your directory.  I'm not saying i download illegal files (don't want another 34 page philosophical debate thread), but i do know they're there if you want them.

or you could go to best buy and purchase your material...  Hey, its the only way you'll hold your junk in an argument about free capitolism.  (and the countdown till this gets moved to PPP begins.)

247216[/snapback]

Thanks!...And please don't group me with Tracy Lee...

I'm wondering which file sharing program you all reccommend with the least amount of spyware and bogus files. Thanks!

247211[/snapback]

"To download copies of music that you already own and just want backups of" I've heard a site called easynews.com is great. It's $10 for a month or 10 gigs, whatever comes first. It requires the tiniest knowledge of newsgroups, and requires half a brain so you don't download rar files or zips, but besides that, it's great (again, for DLing music you already own, and just want backups on your computer).

"To download copies of music that you already own and just want backups of" I've heard a site called easynews.com is great. It's $10 for a month or 10 gigs, whatever comes first. It requires the tiniest knowledge of newsgroups, and requires half a brain so you don't download rar files or zips, but besides that, it's great (again, for DLing music you already own, and just want backups on your computer).

247224[/snapback]

I've used them before as a back-up server to get fills of incomplete files... It's pretty good for those who are "technically challenged" when it comes to working with a newsreader. Unfortunately, you can't read other's comments as to the quality of what you're downloading, you still need a newsreader for that.

247211[/snapback]

Don't. Not worth it. Any file sharing program is riddled with spyware, viri, and other stuff that makes it not worth it.

like i mentioned before, i would never use these types of programs. they are evil. they are what is wrong with this world.

that being said, if you don't want to use a newsgroup, limewire (www.limewire.com) doesn't have any spyware, at all.

247276[/snapback]

USENET/newsgroups use no spyware what-so-ever, since you're not sharing, you're only grabbing. Much faster, too.

Tracylee is the person to talk to. Her and her son, with her help are the masters at downloading and burning illegal copies of movies.  Of course I haven't seen her since she admitted to it, maybe she is with Martha Stewart right now.

247215[/snapback]

The classic threads never die. :D

best buy, circuit city, egghead, amazon....

very low rates of spyware.

247213[/snapback]

I actually prefer ebay.com; you can get CDs for $1-$2. Find a seller who's selling thousands of CDs, pick out a dozen that you want, and you get 12 disks for roughly $20. Best part is that you can rip it to a higher bitrate than you'd get online.

CW

I actually prefer ebay.com; you can get CDs for $1-$2.  Find a seller who's selling thousands of CDs, pick out a dozen that you want, and you get 12 disks for roughly $20.  Best part is that you can rip it to a higher bitrate than you'd get online.

CW

247310[/snapback]

Unless you're downloading from alt.binaries.sounds.lossless,

in which case there is no difference from the ripped CD.

247211[/snapback]

Filesharing is the way of the future, it can't be stopped nor will it ever.

Go to zeropaid.com ... they have a few versions there. The best music sharing program is Ares. I just turned to it a few weeks ago after I got sick of Shareaza.

When you install it, make sure to uncheck the two extra programs that come with it. You dont need them and they may be spyware.