Aqib Talib shot in leg at Dallas nightclub

Eh, there are plenty of examples of the opposite of this. Judging a large group of people because of the actions of a giant idiot is wrong on many levels. It's like saying middle class and upper class kids will eventually shoot up a building.

I'm not saying it's the norm. But I also can't recall one season going by without at least one NFL player engaging in this type of behavior.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's the norm. But I also can't recall one season going by without at least one NFL player engaging in this type of behavior.

This happens all across society. Look at Manziel and that scumbag Affluenza kid.

Talib is a special kind of idiot. But there are plenty more guys like Anquan Boldin, who was the Walter Payton man of the year. Here's a little background on his hometown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pahokee,_Florida

This happens all across society. Look at Manziel and that scumbag Affluenza kid.

Talib is a special kind of idiot. But there are plenty more guys like Anquan Boldin, who was the Walter Payton man of the year. Here's a little background on his hometown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pahokee,_Florida

Manziel and the Affluenza kid were/are rich little brats who party irresponsibly. I'm talking about guys who grew up in the ghettos and continue to engage in ghetto-ish activity (guns, selling drugs).

pick a random sample of like 2500-3000 non-nfl guys and there will be all kinds in it Edited by NoSaint

pick a random sample of like 2500-3000 non-nfl guys and there will be all kinds in it

I realize this. My point was to specifically point out the trend within the NFL, though.

Manziel and the Affluenza kid were/are rich little brats who party irresponsibly. I'm talking about guys who grew up in the ghettos and continue to engage in ghetto-ish activity (guns, selling drugs).

That Affluenza kid killed a bunch of people. I don't recall Talib killing anyone. Manziel has been arrested several times for violence. And what about the Columbine, Sandy Hook, or other privilege kids who shoot up schools?

There are football players who do dumb things. But there are plenty of other people, across socio economic levels, who do worse things than almost every football player minus Aaron Hernandez and OJ.

That Affluenza kid killed a bunch of people. I don't recall Talib killing anyone. Manziel has been arrested several times for violence. And what about the Columbine, Sandy Hook, or other privilege kids who shoot up schools?

There are football players who do dumb things. But there are plenty of other people, across socio economic levels, who do worse things than almost every football player minus Aaron Hernandez and OJ.

I know that you understand the point I'm trying to make, but for some reason, you're (I have to think) pretending not to get it.

How many NFL players who grew up in areas that are not inner city ghettos find themselves.getting into gun or drug-related legal trouble?

Not how many people across the world ... only NFL players .... because this is about an NFL player who has found himself in gun-related legal trouble.

School shootings were done by adult NFL players?

I know that you understand the point I'm trying to make, but for some reason, you're (I have to think) pretending not to get it.

How many NFL players who grew up in areas that are not inner city ghettos find themselves.getting into gun or drug-related legal trouble?

Not how many people across the world ... only NFL players .... because this is about an NFL player who has found himself in gun-related legal trouble.

It's cool to disagree. This guy is a major idiot. There are plenty of other NFL players who grew up in the same or worse areas that don't do stuff like this. I hate lumping people together. Enjoy your day.

It's cool to disagree. This guy is a major idiot. There are plenty of other NFL players who grew up in the same or worse areas that don't do stuff like this. I hate lumping people together. Enjoy your day.

For the love of Christ, I'm not lumping anyone into anything - nor did I ever say "the majority" of NFL players who grew up in the ghetto continue that lifestyle.

This is a classic case of you interpreting something (frankly, that was written with absolutely no room for misinterpretation) in a way that shows how "some group" of people has been disrespected.

For the love of Christ, I'm not lumping anyone into anything - nor did I ever say "the majority" of NFL players who grew up in the ghetto continue that lifestyle.

This is a classic case of you interpreting something (frankly, that was written with absolutely no room for misinterpretation) in a way that shows how "some group" of people has been disrespected.

Direct quote: "How true. Often times, a person who is brought up living the inner city lifestyle will continue that lifestyle even if that person gains monetary success."

Whatever. I'm done with this. :)

Direct quote: "How true. Often times, a person who is brought up living the inner city lifestyle will continue that lifestyle even if that person gains monetary success."

Whatever. I'm done with this. :)

And you translated that statement into me saying, "most NFL players who grew up in the ghetto still get into trouble for ghetto activity."

That, sir, is you interpreting in a way to make an argument that didn't exist before your misinterpretation. :thumbsup:

Unless they're white or old or old and white.