June Movies: Independence Day, Finding Dory, & Free State

Not a June movie but I didn't think it merited its own thread:

ID1 was the biggest letdown in terms of movie going experience for me.

All the hype, along with being the first movie I ever went to a midnight opening showing it was utter trash.

It may have launched Will Smith's career for some, but it ruined his career for me.

I have no desire to waste my time or money on ID2.

Chris Carter (X-Files creator) agreed with you so much he opened his X-Files movie with Mulder pissing on an Independence Day poster in an alley.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Carter (X-Files creator) agreed with you so much he opened his X-Files movie with Mulder pissing on an Independence Day poster in an alley.

And in turn, Bill Pullman's character is seen wiping his ass with a "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" poster in the new movie.

Toy Story 4? Why can't they just leave it where they did? That would be a great ending to the whole series.

I get what you mean. Toy Story 3 felt like this series had concluded.

However, these characters are great, and Pixar has not missed with this series. And there were plenty of skeptics when they made the 3rd Toy Story movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw "The Shallows" today, pretty good shark flick/survival story.

Blake Lively does a nice job, and the camera makes sure that we get to see a lot of her perfect body.

Beautiful scenic shots of Queensland Australia, and the underwater cinematography is very nice.

At times the film feels amateurish, but it was fun to check out.