Lost our dog today

Guffalo

So sorry to hear about your dog. They are family. Better than family. I haven't felt your pain yet but I know the day will come at some point. Just know that she loved you and you made her as happy as she made you.

If you need anything...

Mrags

Lost my two 15-year olds about 4 months apart. That was a rough time. Sorry you're going through that; she sounds like a great dog.

I spent some time after they both were gone volunteering at the local shelter down the street. Within a few months, we found our next companion. He's pure awesomeness.

A well-known author who writes about animals (dogs, mostly) who I like wrote this recently to his dog:

"I promise you that I will never be one of those people who say they will never get another dog because they loved the one they lost so much. If you die, I will always get another dog because I love you so much, I can't pay you a greater compliment and if you love a dog more than yourself, it seems to me that is the only choice for me."

Man, this sounds like our dog Jasper who is a shepherd mix but we don't know what with. He's about 70 lbs also and is about the most laid back chill dog I have ever met. Everyone that meets him thinks the same. He's 8 now and I'll be a mess when he passes along with my wife.

My thoughts are with you and your family in this tough time. She's up there waiting for her companion to join her and be reunited once again.

The more people I meet, the more I love my dog. From my Auntie, a wheat and sheep farmer who has given my family many great Border Collies over the years, I think quoting Mark Twain.

Sadly, my wife told me she contacted our kids via text, one who is in Denver, the other Syracuse. My wife must have mis-read the name she pulled up and sent it to someone else (effectively eliminating the Denver son from the list) and the one in Syracuse just lost his phone. Denver finally saw it on Facebook and said "Geez, nice way to find out about my dog...." then left a message for our daughter asking about it. For a few days my wife would say "I can't believe the kids are so cold as to not saying anything about the dog, whats that all about" .