When do I have the right to run over a high end cyclist?

GottaRun

11th annual Tulsa Tough this weekend. This has grown into one of the largest bicycle festivals in the nation. Three days of racing ending on " cry baby hill". It has become a "must go" event for most professional racers.

Google tulsa tough crybaby hill. One hell of a party!

I thought this thread was for people who hate bicyclists.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this thread was for people who hate bicyclists.

These are professionals on closed coarse races. Very fast. Not Joe Schmo blocking traffic.

It's gotten bigger and bigger every year, apparantly. I had heard 9f it, but I'm shocked at what a huge event it has become. Even more shocked that the racers have adopted tulsa as there favorite event. And still more shocked at the crowd turnout and event support from the local population. Seriously, it has become a huge three day party.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://vimeo.com/43947788&ved=0ahUKEwjGsczbiJ7NAhUT7mMKHRcEDkUQtwIIGzAA&usg=AFQjCNGHnC8SUGh_FrFejNxcaZvrKTgsVQ

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

You think bikes are bad on the ROAD? Where I live, we have a 9 mile stretch of reclaimed railway that's been turned into an 8' wide paved trail for running, biking, walking. Pedestrians are SUPPOSED to have the right of way. But do you think the spandex horde care? No, no, they don't. They come riding behind you at full speed no warning and just expect you to move. I really hate people on bicycles. :lol:

Where are these courses?

Touche. They are on city streets. Downtown, in fact. They have 40, 60 and 100 mile tours through around the nearby lakes too, so yeah your point is made. The courses downtown are not really a nuisance though since it's on the weekend, in the bar districts.

You think bikes are bad on the ROAD? Where I live, we have a 9 mile stretch of reclaimed railway that's been turned into an 8' wide paved trail for running, biking, walking. Pedestrians are SUPPOSED to have the right of way. But do you think the spandex horde care? No, no, they don't. They come riding behind you at full speed no warning and just expect you to move. I really hate people on bicycles. :lol:

Haha I have a similar problem with a (*^*&%^$^#riding up full speed on my lady and I while we jog. It's like he wants to see how close he can get, the trail is plenty wide. I could care less if it was just me, this guy must be 40-45, old enough to know better. Thoughts already exist in my mind to forearm shiver this idiot into the river, this thread don't help.

Cyclists are half wits, do they understand why the rest of us run/walk etc...we don't want to ride up 26382920 peoples asses just to get a workout. I don't want to see 30 miles of people everyday just to break a sweat.