The Johnson Thread

He will get my vote.

He needs to find a way to get the traditional voting bloc to support him, since we're picking between a far left nut job, and Hilary Clinton, he has a shot to do it.

If Bernie ran as a 3rd party he would have a good chance of winning IMHO. Not sure about this Johnson dude, but I very well might vote for him.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Bernie ran as a 3rd party he would have a good chance of winning IMHO

No, he wouldn't.

Neither would Johnson, whom I will likely vote for.

But okay, let's war game a Bernie Sanders 3rd party run. What is Sanders' path to 270?

No, he wouldn't.

I don't know if he would or wouldn't and neither do you unless you're God or something

But okay, let's war game a Bernie Sanders 3rd party run. What is Sanders' path to 270?

He wins enough states to add up to 270. Duh :) Edited by reddogblitz

I don't know if he would or wouldn't and neither do you unless you're God or something

He wins enough states to add up to 270. Duh :)

Whether he could win or not is irrelevant, because he could never get ballot access in enough states to collect 270.

He wins enough states to add up to 270. Duh :)

But how does he get to 270

Whether he could win or not is irrelevant, because he could never get ballot access in enough states to collect 270.

It's like high school Physics class where we are told to ignore friction

Assume Sanders finds his way onto all state ballots. What is his path to 270 Electoral Votes?

Let's start with Vermont. 3 down, 267 to go

Next, let's cross off the reliable Red states.

Alabama (9), Alaska (3), Arkansas (6), Idaho (4), Indiana (11), Kansas (6), Kentucky (8), Louisiana (8), Mississippi (6), Montana (3), Nebraska, North Dakota (3), Oklahoma (7), South Carolina (9), South Dakota (3), Tennessee (11), Texas (38), Utah (6), West Virginia (5), Wyoming (3). That's 154 Electoral Votes for Trump, 3 for Sanders, and 0 for Hiliary

Arizona (11), Missouri (10), and Georgia (16) also lean Republican but not to the extent the states above. Missouri is a toss up state. In Georgia and Arizona's case they have large Hispanic populations that in a head to head match up may put them into play. But a Sanders 3rd party run splits the Democrat vote. 37 more votes for Trump. 191 for Trump and 3 for Sanders

Romney barely flipped North Carolina back to red with a 50-48% win in 2012. How many of that 50% will vote for Sanders, Clinton, or Trump? How many of that 48% will split between Clinton and Sanders. That's 15 more for Trump 206-3-0

Thus far I've looked at states Romney won. How about states Obama won in 2012. How about Florida. Yes Florida, where Obama picked up a 50-49 win over Romney. Just like North Carolina, how much of that Romney vote will go to Sanders or Clinton? True Flordia has a large Hispanic population, but the Democrats are splitting their vote. Congratulations Bernie, you just flipped Florida from Blue to Red. Trump is now up 235-3-0

What about the Rust Belt? Ohio, 50-48. Pennsylvania 52-47. How much of that Romney vote goes to Sanders? How much sticks with Trump? How much of that Obama vote is split between Sanders and Hiliary? The last time a Republican won Pennsylvania, Bernie's beloved Soviet Union was still around. Ohio is 18 Electoral votes bumping Trump up to 253 and Pennsylvania's 20 makes it 273 votes and a trip to Pennsylvania Avenue for the Donald

Feel the Bern

No, he wouldn't.

Neither would Johnson, whom I will likely vote for.

Ask any retard on a college campus or hippie about Sander's path to 270, and they'll surely give you a solid, reasoned answer like:

"270 what?"

I believe I said that what Hoover did was what a Libertarian would do

Well you actually said Hover but that's besides the point.

I was referring you this comment you made:

but not helping the unemployed that were starving was absolutely 100% Libertarian

So I'll ask you again. Are you saying Libertarians are against helping the poor?

Well you actually said Hover but that's besides the point.

I was referring you this comment you made:

So I'll ask you again. Are you saying Libertarians are against helping the poor?

Sure, Hoover was carrying out a Libertarian policy there

Sure, Hoover was carrying out a Libertarian policy there

No let's try this again. I don't give a flip about what Hoover was doing. I want your answer to this question. It is a yes or no question so it shouldn't take too much effort on your part.

Ready?

Do you think that Libertarians are against helping the poor?

Aaaaaand go!

Can you give a summary of what you believe the libertarian platform to be? Just bullet point it.

No let's try this again. I don't give a flip about what Hoover was doing. I want your answer to this question. It is a yes or no question so it shouldn't take too much effort on your part.

Ready?

Aaaaaand go!

Please explain to us what Hoover did that makes him a libertarian?

No, no, no! Don't challenge him, for God's sake. What are you trying to do, kill the poor little butter-headed toeball? Ask him something more at his level.

Gatorman...how do you spell "Hoover?"

Ready?

Aaaaaand go!

Libertarians are against the government helping with poverty and inequality, government sponsored health care--something that really helps the poor, and doing much of anything to make equality of opportunity. Happy?

Please explain to us what Hoover did that makes him a libertarian?

Nothing. That's the point

Libertarians are against the government helping with poverty and inequality, government sponsored health care--something that really helps the poor, and doing much of anything to make equality of opportunity. Happy?

So are Libertarians against helping then poor?