[OT]I miss the three stooges on TV

LabattBlue

I was just thinking the other day, that I haven't seen the stooges on TV in a long time. For a while they were on AMC from time to time, but nothing recently.

I grew up in the 1960's after the Curly and Shemp eras were in the book, but their shorts were on TV a lot.

The Joe Besser and Curly Joe eras are bull sh-- and should be wiped off the face of the earth.

PS When my daughter was 6 or 7 there was a stooges marathon on one of the channels and we were laughing together....until my wife got home and decided she shouldn't be watching the stooges. :doh:

I don't have to miss them. I own every episode that has Curly in it. I wish, in this age of putting comics and such to the big screen (i.e., Spiderman) that the Stooges could have made a movie. Tommy Lee Jones would make a great Moe. Curly could have been played brilliantly by the late John Candy or Chris Farley. I could never figure out who would make a good Larry. :doh:

aww heck i used to love watching the stooges, then earlier than that i used to love sunday mornings on wpix 11 out of ny, they used to run abbot and costello, i used to try to skip church to watch them.

I was just thinking the other day, that I haven't seen the stooges on TV in a long time.  For a while they were on AMC from time to time, but nothing recently.

I grew up in the 1960's after the Curly and Shemp eras were in the book, but their shorts were on TV a lot.

The Joe Besser and Curly Joe eras are bull sh-- and should be wiped off the face of the earth.

PS When my daughter was 6 or 7 there was a stooges marathon on one of the channels and we were laughing together....until my wife got home and decided she shouldn't be watching the stooges. :doh:

246614[/snapback]

aww heck i used to love watching the stooges, then earlier than that i used to love sunday mornings on wpix 11 out of ny, they used to run abbot and costello, i used to try to skip church to watch them.

246627[/snapback]

Pooj...I grew up laughing endlessly at the stooges, abbott & costello and Red Skelton.

Clem Kadiddlehopper, & Freddie the Freeloader were great Skelton characters! Boy am I going to feel REALLY old when all the TSW young guns reply asking WTF is Red Skelton! :doh:

http://www.redskelton.com/

I don't have to miss them.  I own every episode that has Curly in it.  I wish, in this age of putting comics and such to the big screen (i.e., Spiderman) that the Stooges could have made a movie.  Tommy Lee Jones would make a great Moe.  Curly could have been played brilliantly by the late John Candy or Chris Farley.  I could never figure out who would make a good Larry. :)

246622[/snapback]

Larry could be played by either Greg Williams or Kevin Gilbride! We could give them both try-outs, but Greg would win because he "interviewed well." :doh:

Love the Stooges! I saw Moe Howard's lecture at UB right before his death,

it was almost like the pep rally after the 1st Super Bowl...  whole lotta love for Moe. :doh:

246694[/snapback]

I was also there that night in Norton Hall. I got there late and started out watching a video feed in a lounge, but after about a half hour of that, I sneaked in and stood in the back.

The Japanese language clip he showed was a scream.

Larry had recently died and he got all choked up talking about him and Curly

Moe Horowitz, Shem Horowitz, Jerome Horowitz, Larry Fine...Great men

I was also there that night in Norton Hall. I got there late and started out watching a video  feed in a lounge, but after about a half hour of that, I sneaked in and stood in the back.

The Japanese language clip he showed was a scream.

Larry had recently died and he got all choked up talking about him and Curly

Moe Horowitz, Shem Horowitz, Jerome Horowitz, Larry Fine...Great men

246793[/snapback]

Cool! Remember when they had Q&A and one guy had a pie with him and said,

"Moe, it would be the honor of my life if you would pie me!"

Moe: "In the movies, we used custard pies. That's a real pie, you may get hurt."

"I don't care, Moe, do it"

so Moe just plowed the guy in the face, sent him flying backwards at least 5 feet." :doh:

Moe also cried when given the 2 longest standing ovations I've ever seen, before + after the lecture. People were going crazy! :)

Cool! Remember when they had Q&A and one guy had a pie with him and said,

"Moe, it would be the honor of my life if you would pie me!"

Moe: "In the movies, we used custard pies. That's a real pie, you may get hurt."

"I don't care, Moe, do it"

so Moe just plowed the guy in the face, sent him flying backwards at least 5 feet." :D

Moe also cried when given the 2 longest standing ovations I've ever seen, before + after the lecture. People were going crazy! :)

246810[/snapback]

Damn....I would love to see this. I have to believe UB taped it. First I'm tracking down JP game tapes and now Moe Howard speech tapes. :P

I grew up in the 1960's watching the 3 stooges on wpix channel 11 on sunday mornings. Right after the stooges where the abbott & costello's sunday movies.

My favorite Stooge was MO. He was so in control. :D