2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

And with the 10th overall pick the Buffalo Bills select OJ Howard, Alabama! The most complete, clean prospect in the draft and consensus top 10 talent.

"Fire that GM and hell, the coach too."

More like:

Goodell: With the 10th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, even though they have Charles Clay on their roster with a $9 million cap hit, the Buffalo Bills select...OJ Howard. Tight end, Alabama.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with the 10th overall pick the Buffalo Bills select OJ Howard, Alabama! The most complete, clean prospect in the draft and consensus top 10 talent.

"Fire that GM and hell, the coach too."

I was just going to say the same thing. The Bills can't win in this draft. It doesn't matter whom they pick, half of the base will want Whaley fired. The irony is 95% of those people know very little about that player. They know bits and pieces of what the experts have said.

More like:

Goodell: With the 10th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, even though they have Charles Clay on their roster with a $9 million cap hit, the Buffalo Bills select...OJ Howard. Tight end, Alabama.

i can't even believe a team would play more than one, or think long-term, or select elite talent when they draft high instead of reach for need. Fire them both. Edited by YoloinOhio

I was just going to say the same thing. The Bills can't win in this draft. It doesn't matter whom they pick, half of the base will want Whaley fired. The irony is 95% of those people know very little about that player. They know bits and pieces of what the experts have said.

Does any place carry Whaley dartboards?

i can't even believe a team would play more than one, or think long-term, or select elite talent when they draft high instead of reach for need. Fire them both.

Ok. As I've said many, MANY times on this subject, if you have Howard and Clay on the roster, one of them will have to become a full-time blocker to help Mills in the passing game. So, who do you make the full-time blocking TE: the guy you're paying a huge salary to, or the 10th overall pick?

Ok. As I've said many, MANY times on this subject, if you have Howard and Clay on the roster, one of them will have to become a full-time blocker to help Mills in the passing game. So, who do you make the full-time blocking TE: the guy you're paying a huge salary to, or the 10th overall pick?

Not true at all if you deploy them correctly.

TV announcer: Tyrod Taylor in the shotgun. Bills going 4 wide with Watkins, Chris Godwin (just a hypothetical), Clay and Howard. Here's the snap. Taylor under pressure immediately and down he goes! Kony Ealey making it look easy, as he just flew by Jordan Mills for the sack on Taylor. It wasn't even close, folks.

has become my favorite for the Bills at 10 but of course that means he will be gone by then.

I like him a lot and he will be good for a new QB that we really need to draft at some point (not sure I'd trade up in RD1 for a QB this year, but I would try to hop back in rd1 for the pick of the litter if they fall).

i can't even believe a team would play more than one, or think long-term, or select elite talent when they draft high instead of reach for need. Fire them both.

Like Pats did with Hernandez & Gronk and tried to replicate this year with Bennett and Gronk? Special elite talent is what you should go after when you draft high...

I like him a lot and he will be good for a new QB that we really need to draft at some point (not sure I'd trade up in RD1 for a QB this year, but I would try to hop back in rd1 for the pick of the litter if they fall).

Like Pats did with Hernandez & Gronk and tried to replicate this year with Bennett and Gronk? Special elite talent is what you should go after when you draft high...

The Pats have Tom Brady and an offensive line that can pass block without having to ask one of their tight ends to help the right tackle. The Bills do not have either of those luxuries.

No kidding. What a ridiculous take. "You can't possibly play 2 tight ends who are both receiving treats, one must just be an extra offensive lineman!"

For those who have trouble thinking outside of the box, just think of Howard in a Gronk role (a more traditional inline TE) and Clay in a Hernandez role (playing some traditional TE, lining up a FB occasionally, slot some). I will never understand why people have such violent "This is the one way a NFL offense is supposed to look, it can only look this way" takes on personnel.

The Pats have Tom Brady and an offensive line that can pass block without having to ask one of their tight ends to help the right tackle. The Bills do not have either of those luxuries.

We easily have a more talented Oline than the Pats do, but they have a QB who knows where to get the ball to quickly and can blow ours away when it comes to reading defenses.

No kidding. What a ridiculous take. "You can't possibly play 2 tight ends who are both receiving treats, one must just be an extra offensive lineman!"

For those who have trouble thinking outside of the box, just think of Howard in a Gronk role (a more traditional inline TE) and Clay in a Hernandez role (playing some traditional TE, lining up a FB occasionally, slot some). I will never understand why people have such violent "This is the one way a NFL offense is supposed to look, it can only look this way" takes on personnel.

We easily have a more talented Oline than the Pats do, but they have a QB who knows where to get the ball to quickly and can blow ours away when it comes to reading defenses.

i283445314500808221._msw565h424_szw565h4

I think if you get Howard you can utilize Clay in more of an hback role as well

And split Howard out as well, or just go 2 TEs and smash the ball

I love the offense configurations we can have. Plus Clay's back seems to be a bit suspect and when his contract is up in 2 seasons he won't be back...

TV announcer: Tyrod Taylor in the shotgun. Bills going 4 wide with Watkins, Chris Godwin (just a hypothetical), Clay and Howard. Here's the snap. Taylor under pressure immediately and down he goes! Kony Ealey making it look easy, as he just flew by Jordan Mills for the sack on Taylor. It wasn't even close, folks.

Do you like anybody in the draft or are you just here to let everyone know how silly they are for the players we like?

Well when Brady takes a 2 step drop and the ball is immediately gone, I guess it does make the OL look a lot better than it is...

Do you like anybody in the draft or are you just here to let everyone know how silly they are for the players we like?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

And split Howard out as well, or just go 2 TEs and smash the ball

I love the offense configurations we can have. Plus Clay's back seems to be a bit suspect and when his contract is up in 2 seasons he won't be back...

or if his wife has another baby and he can't make it for the game :)

26CB has this up in the Trubisky thread...It's a decent read...

@TyDunne

What do the defensive coordinators who faced Mitchell Trubisky think? One sees a potential MVP. More on the QB here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/tyler-dunne-bleacher-report/dc-on-mitchell-trubisky-he-can-be-a-super-bowl-winner-and-a-nfl-mvp/514035245652392/

@ChaseGoodbread

Mayock on Trubisky: "The irony is, he's played the least (among top QBs) but he'll probably be the first one ready to play."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.