2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Hah! Go figure that a guy playing out of position would look like it :lol:

The only ugly moment I've seen from Isidora was when Demarcus Walker swam around him for a sack/fumble on Kaaya, but let's face it, Walker is going to do that to a lot of really good players (plus Danny recovered the fumble, so bonus points).

The other interior guy I've watched a bit and liked was Kyle Kalis from Michigan. He's not the most refined technician, but he's extremely quick out of his stance, stays aware in space, and shows a real nasty streak.

Kalis played HS ball in Cleveland. He was the #1 ranked recruit out of Ohio in 2011. IMO he's underachieved at Michigan to this point based on his hype during recruitment. This is a big year for him.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but I'm not basing it on his numbers.

I'm looking purely at his skillset, and it's far, far different from the Kliff Kingsbury-types that inflated their numbers without the pro-style passing skills.

Mahomes has more than the quick trigger. He's a terrific athlete who can buy himself time. He knows how to keep his eyes downfield; he can drop a deep pattern in the bucket, but he's also got the mid-range accuracy and velocity to hit the money throws.

He's definitely got some work to do to clean up his footwork and re-point his delivery (he's got some residual baseball mechanics that he's got to eliminate--Blokes and I talked about that a ways back, but I guess he quit baseball this year, so we'll see), but if he can do so, he's got the makeup to be a franchise QB IMO.

Like your work but we shall see.

It would've been nice to add him, just not at the price paid.

I thought in July/August last year that I was reaching by considering him in the late 1st. Still blown away by him going #2 overall.

If I was Philly I would have done the same thing.

Not me; a big armed, a big athletic guy that can run, who runs a pro style system and makes calls and audibles and led his team to a National Title with clear leadership ability, hell yeah sign me up for that guy. Finding a guy like that is rarer than a unicorn.

Well, the Gunner Kiel hype train may have been derailed for good. Named 3rd on the Bearcats depth chart.

This is amid rumours that Kiel missed their bowl game to attend rehab for an addiction to painkillers.

He can always just go somewhere else? It's one of his strongest traits.

Shaking my fist at where you've got Elijah McGuire. He's my guy, called him in his freshman year.

Guys like Matt Dayes & Taquan Mizzell might go undrafted. This RB class is nuts. I hope the Bills snatch a couple UDFA guys to bolster the ranks.

Shaking my fist at where you've got Elijah McGuire. He's my guy, called him in his freshman year.

Guys like Matt Dayes & Taquan Mizzell might go undrafted. This RB class is nuts. I hope the Bills snatch a couple UDFA guys to bolster the ranks.

Where do you and Astro see a guy like Curtis Samuel/OSU? He's an Hback but going to see a lot of snaps at RB this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Where do you and Astro see a guy like Curtis Samuel/OSU? He's an Hback but going to see a lot of snaps at RB this year.

He's not been on my radar much, tend to focus on draft-eligible guys.

What I do know is that a guy as dynamic as him getting more snaps will be a good thing. His balance is outrageous and his spin move is already a thing of beauty. Definitely a wait-and-see approach from a draft perspective but there's enough to like already. His future has to be at RB at 200 pounds.

Edited by Blokestradamus

He's not been on my radar much, tend to focus on draft-eligible guys.

What I do know is that a guy as dynamic as him getting more snaps will be a good thing. His balance is outrageous and his spin move is already a thing of beauty. Definitely a wait-and-see approach from a draft perspective but there's enough to like already. His future has to be at RB at 200 pounds.

Samuel is a true Jr so should be eligible. He will share time with Mike Weber who is a RS Freshman and Zeke's replacement. Samuel is more of a Dalvin Cook type but has some Braxton/Harvin style as he can line up at WR, Hback, RB.

Samuel is a true Jr so should be eligible. He will share time with Mike Weber who is a RS Freshman and Zeke's replacement. Samuel is more of a Dalvin Cook type but has some Braxton/Harvin style as he can line up at WR, Hback, RB.

The spin move is very Braxton. The NFL is moving towards backs that have some WR-like skill sets. Guys like Shane Vereen, Duke Johnson, Theo Riddick don't even have to run the ball to make their respective 53-man rosters.

Samuel will get some looks but he's gotta be careful not to follow Jalin Marshall getting too big-headed and declaring too early.

The spin move is very Braxton. The NFL is moving towards backs that have some WR-like skill sets. Guys like Shane Vereen, Duke Johnson, Theo Riddick don't even have to run the ball to make their respective 53-man rosters.

Samuel will get some looks but he's gotta be careful not to follow Jalin Marshall getting too big-headed and declaring too early.

jalin knew he wouldn't play much this year, unfortunately. The depth is absurd at WR and he doesn't compete hard enough. Samuel strikes me as a guy Roman might like for this offense. Edited by YoloinOhio

Bruce Feldman's top 20 college freaks - http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/top-20-freaks-in-college-football-for-2016-bruce-feldman-myles-garrett-leonard-fournette-072716

And the top 10 snubs - http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/top-10-biggest-snubs-from-our-2016-freaks-list-072816

Jake Butt's comments about Jehu Chesson made me howl. If he's a 4.3 guy, play like it. Everyone is a 4.3 WR in the spring.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Christian McCaffery is the best and hope like anything we get him, kid is second coming of Marshall Faulk.

Bruce Feldman's top 20 college freaks - http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/top-20-freaks-in-college-football-for-2016-bruce-feldman-myles-garrett-leonard-fournette-072716

And the top 10 snubs - http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/top-10-biggest-snubs-from-our-2016-freaks-list-072816

Jake Butt's comments about Jehu Chesson made me howl. If he's a 4.3 guy, play like it. Everyone is a 4.3 WR in the spring.

Derrick Willies, Texas Tech, WR

The Red Raiders have replaced one tiny Freak wideout with a big Freak wideout in this JUCO transfer who flashed his explosiveness with this 60-inch box jump, from a sitting position, while wearing a 10-pound vest earlier in the offseason. The 6-3, 225-pound Willies, who began his career at Iowa, led all JUCO receivers last year in yards per catch at 23.6 while at Trinity Valley Community College in Texas, grabbing 49 passes for 1,115 yards and 14 touchdowns. In high school, the 21-year-old Illinois native won state track and field titles in the 110-meter hurdles, 300-meter hurdles and 300-meter dash.
Patrick Morris, TCU, OG
The 6-3, 300-pound junior guard made First-Team Academic All-Big 12 last year and had a 3.6 GPA. He’s the latest strongman to come through the Horned Frogs program. Morris has a 500-pound bench, a 720-pound squat and cleans 450. “We always stop whatever we’re doing when he’s about to lift,” said TCU senior DE Josh Carraway
Brandon Bryant, Mississippi State, safety
The sophomore’s career in Starkville is off to an impressive start. He made the SEC Academic Honor Roll in his first year and then as a redshirt freshman, he led all rookie DBs in the SEC with 63 tackles. He also forced four turnovers, making three INTs and causing one fumble. Bryant’s a high school teammate of an old Freaks list alum from MSU — Benardrick McKinney — and the 5-11, 216-pounder has earned his own spot here thanks to a blazing 4.24 40, according to Bulldog coaches, to go with a 385 bench, 500-pound squat and a 600-pound deadlift.
:o:o:o:o
Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Christian McCaffery is the best and hope like anything we get him, kid is second coming of Marshall Faulk.

Ahh, the white Reggie Bush.

Not watched him in-depth yet so I'll hold back an opinion. In this RB class, there's going to be something for everyone. Can't see them going for McCaffery considering how little GR uses running backs in the passing game.

Ahh, the white Reggie Bush. (that's racist :nana: )

Not watched him in-depth yet so I'll hold back an opinion. In this RB class, there's going to be something for everyone. Can't see them going for McCaffery considering how little GR uses running backs in the passing game.

I think he is better than Reggie, this kid can flat out fly and make cuts. If we have chance to get him we should, he is too dynamic of a player to pass up, Greggy better find a way.

I think he is better than Reggie, this kid can flat out fly and make cuts. If we have chance to get him we should, he is too dynamic of a player to pass up, Greggy better find a way.

Coaches rarely seem to change (we saw what happened when Rex compromised his scheme). Then again, I never saw him making a guy like Shady his lead back.

I really want to dig into the RB class soon. Gotta see if someone can knock Dalvin off the #1 spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.