Should Bills look at Dak Prescott as QB pick?

I've watched a lot of Dak. He clearly has a ton of arm strength and talent. When he throws the ball, it gets where it's going in a hurry. Beautiful looking deep ball. I can see why people like him. What is concerning is that he doesn't seem to have very good ball placement on anything over 15 yards.

He would make, in my opinion, a great west coast offense QB. He's great on short routes. But NFL defenses would be able to take that away from him. He would need to develop his intermediate and long route accuracy. I just don't know if that can be coached.

Definitely some positives in his game, but I wouldn't be confident in him as a starter.

I think he'd make a good "Slash" player rather than sitting on bench trying to be developed.

i think that's why teams often go with a different type of backup rather than having a lesser version of the starter...because though they may need to call a different set of plays when he's in, it puts pressure on the DC and opponent to adjust to the different style if the starter goes out.

I also prefer a back up QB with a different skill set than the starter.

For Roman I prefer a back up QB that is a better passer than runner, of which EJ is sorta neither. Obviously our best shot is a QB that can keep the defense on its heels with the run game, but if the run first QB gets hurt or we are down because #Rex's D so bad, then a QB that is most efficient in the pass game could steal a win for us.

Also, the back up QB would be well versed in the starting QBs playbook (someone needs to run the drills) so the playbook would essentially be expanded. The expanded playbook also compensates for what is probably a less talented player at the position.

I loved Dak the college player. I was at the game in Death Valley where he destroyed LSU. I don't care for Dak the pro prospect. He doesn't throw the ball well enough for me. He reminds me of Tebow a little. He was a great college player and leader but a suspect NFL candidate IMO.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with the cross racial comparison of Prescott and Tebow! I really wanted to like DP more but I think he is going to struggle to translate to the pro game. I feel he needs to go to a team with a top pocket passer and sit for years before he hits the field to have a chance.

I won't hate it in the 5th or later but I'm not very high on him at all. Minus the DEI, he seems like a great guy though.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with the cross racial comparison of Prescott and Tebow! I really wanted to like DP more but I think he is going to struggle to translate to the pro game. I feel he needs to go to a team with a top pocket passer and sit for years before he hits the field to have a chance.

I won't hate it in the 5th or later but I'm not very high on him at all. Minus the DEI, he seems like a great guy though.

Ha ha, you always have to hold your breath when making a cross race comparison. It is often hard for people to comprehend. He does remind me of Tebow though. He has the heart, the leadership, the running ability and the slow delivery.

I'm with you though that I would be fine with him late in the draft.

Dak improved throughout college but he is nowhere near as sophisticated mentally for the pro game. His accuracy is shoddy, he has a good arm not a great one.

One interesting stat from las year which scares the hell out of me. Against Alabama and ole miss, Dak was sacked a total of 16 times. That's a lot. Now some blame can be placed on the o line and credit given to the bama defense. But the ole miss defense was not very good last year. I know they had a good d line. Regardless, taking that many sacks shows he either a) doesn't know where to go with the ball of his initial read is covered or b) has poor pocket awareness

Dak will not be a good pro. I think he'll be over drafted because people want the next Cam

Yes. This year reminds me of 2007 at the QB position. Recall in 2007 JP was coming off his one good year. In 06 JP had a plus TD ratio a respectable 85 rating started every game and had the team picked to go 3-13 at 7-7 in the hunt down the stretch. Even though JP was seen as upward trending starter material the brass suspected he was missing that je ne sais quoi and we ended up up Bill Walsh's guy Trent. Trent did not work out of course, but for some tiime made us all feel better about ourselves.

Must you remind us of JP? Some nightmares you try to forget.