North Carolina GOP Block Gay Anti-Discrimintion Law

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/20/duke-suffered-crushing-loss-in-tournament-sunday-and-some-are-blaming-ncs-bathroom-laws/

slow news day???

Ranked No. 2 in the East Regional of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament, Duke headed into Sunday night’s game favored to advance to the next round.

But the Blue Devils — the college basketball team everyone loves to hate — couldn’t make it past the No. 7 University of South Carolina Gamecocks.

Duke’s 88-81 loss Sunday night that demolished everyone’s brackets has been blamed on a myriad of reasons — the hatred Duke has mustered from other teams, the number of turnovers by the Blue Devils, guard Luke Kennard’s less-than-stellar performance, and more.

But some Duke fans have placed the blame on someone outside of the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina, and outside of the Duke University team.

Thanks to North Carolina’s controversial “bathroom bill,” the NCAA announced in September that it would move tournament games to other arenas outside of the state. So while Duke could have played Sunday night’s game in Greensboro, N.C., a mere 45 minutes away from its campus, instead it had to play in Greenville, less than two hours away from the University of South Carolina’s campus.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article140383638.html

In its most direct statement yet, the NCAA on Thursday warned North Carolina to repeal House Bill 2 soon or lose championship events through 2022.

“As the state knows, next week our various sports committees will begin making championships site selections for 2018-2022,” the NCAA said in a statement. “Once the sites are selected … those decisions are final.” The NCAA plans to announce sites on April 18.

The statement came on HB2’s first anniversary. It also came as lawmakers and the governor remain at an impasse over repeal, though legislative leaders said Thursday they’re talking about changes in the law.

Last weekend Duke and UNC played their first-round NCAA tournament games in Greenville, S.C., after the games were moved from Greensboro. NCAA officials moved events “because of the cumulative impact HB2 had on local communities’ ability to assure a safe, healthy, discrimination free atmosphere,” the organization said Thursday.

“Absent any change in the law, our position remains the same regarding hosting current or future events in the state.”

The NBA moved its 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte because of the law. The Atlantic Coast Conference also moved events out of state, including its football championship that had been scheduled for Charlotte.

In a statement Thursday, Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper again called for repeal.

“I have offered numerous compromises and remain open to any deal that will bring jobs and sports back to North Carolina and begin to repair our reputation,” he said. “Legislative Republicans have been all too happy to use their super-majorities to pass damaging partisan laws. It’s time for them to step up, meet halfway, and repeal HB 2.”

worth noting former Attorney General and his Democratic party have had over 3 chances and bills brought forth to repeal the law, with the only stipulation being a moratorium on local jurisdictions being able to create laws which Charlotte Mecklenberg did to begin this whole debate

also in this state:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/education/article139909173.html

Facing outrage from Republican state legislators, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Tuesday reversed plans to use “Jacob’s New Dress,” a picture book about a boy who likes to dress like a girl, in all CMS first-grade classes.

The book had been selected as part of the anti-bullying program. After a teacher complained to lawmakers, Charles Jeter, the district’s government liaison, says he talked to both sides to “find a resolution without the General Assembly finding a resolution.”

“The purpose of our elementary schools is to teach writing, reading and arithmetic, not to encourage boys to wear dresses,” Tami Fitzgerald of the North Carolina Values Coalition said Tuesday. “These lessons found in the ‘Jacob’s New Dress’ and ‘My Princess Boy’ and other transgender curriculum are not appropriate for any child whose parents support traditional family values.”

As LABF, we will be forced to care.

I have come up with the ultimate way to piss off these kids about gender when they talk about it. I say I don't care if they're male or female, I just want to know if I can !@#$ it.

The it vast crudity of it sets them off off until the actual "it" part sinks in... its fun

Here’s a twist on the usual transgender locker room lawsuits

Emotional distress from the other side of the coin

FTA:

No matter who prevails in this suit it’s going to be challenged on appeal and that’s probably a good thing. Too many other lawsuits currently percolating through the system are based almost entirely on the dry, structural questions of adjustments to Title IX, federal school funding or state versus federal issues. This one cuts a bit closer to the bone and might finally force the courts to take up the question of whether or not millennia of settled science and current medical understanding of DNA and the difference between the sexes can be tossed out the window for someone who “feels like the other gender.” More to the point, can those “feelings” be imposed on everyone else regardless of privacy and propriety?

Edited by B-Man

I could literally feel my IQ lowering as I watched....

2FCB3AB700000578-3384070-Nothing_new_Jad

go read jayden smiths quotes

when you dress like a queerosexual you likely think like one too.

Here’s a twist on the usual transgender locker room lawsuits

Emotional distress from the other side of the coin

FTA:

No matter who prevails in this suit it’s going to be challenged on appeal and that’s probably a good thing. Too many other lawsuits currently percolating through the system are based almost entirely on the dry, structural questions of adjustments to Title IX, federal school funding or state versus federal issues. This one cuts a bit closer to the bone and might finally force the courts to take up the question of whether or not millennia of settled science and current medical understanding of DNA and the difference between the sexes can be tossed out the window for someone who “feels like the other gender.” More to the point, can those “feelings” be imposed on everyone else regardless of privacy and propriety?

my big question is, because i had a unique childhood and teenage years and you can't judge... what happens when boys will be boys and its in front of girlyboys/trannies/ladyboys/things?

seriously... it wouldn't be that uncommon for someone to try to give someone a swirly or tea bag someone, or helicopter dick, or moon, or depants, or ball tag, or any such semi-homo games that locker rooms consist of having. what happens when a he-she-it-boy witnesses this?

what happens when i go back 15 years ago to my high school days and bring that time when we were forced to take showers after practice in wrestling due to ringworm and other such things? or during football two-a-days? does the he-she-it-boy have to undress with us? does it get its own locker? if she undresses with me and i pop wood because i like those trannies am i in the wrong? is nature not supposed to tell me its inappropriate because it could get offended that my natural urges to get it on with a tranny are so overwhelming that i cannot handle it? what happens when i try to pay her for the reach around or use the coupon i saw on her ad from backpage? if it goes like the last time i used backpage it won't be good.

in all seriousness, what happens? what happens when the wrestling team it is a part of goes to its wrestling camp in paris ohio at the old school house where there is one locker room that must be shared because that's all it can provide? is this nationally recognized camp to shut down because it cannot accommodate the mentally ill? because i could actually foresee that happening, someone suing under the guise of handicap accessibility due to their identification as a tranny.

and yes, i'm overly crude because i am getting god damn sick of this agenda being pushed so heavily down our throat buck angel style. and i'm tired of my state being made to suffer because the nation is even more stupid to recognize that there is a need for law to protect against stupidity.