Chip Kelly was Desperate for Mariota in the 2015 Draft

But 2 1st rounders and Fletcher Cox.......

Well one would have been pick 20 that year so it was essentially trade down 18 spots get a third rounder, Sam Bradford, Fletcher Cox, and the Eagles 1st the year after. Bradford is damaged goods and while Cox, a 1st rounder the year after, and a 3rd round pick is a decent haul I think that in a QB driven league you take the shot with possibly getting a stud young QB. I think after seeing Mariota's 1st year I think they made the right decision.

Edited by billsfan89

One of the most overrated QBs of all time IMO. Had a few great seasons, but really only started for 8 seasons, that's it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd argue that he was the 2nd best QB, behind JK12, in the league from when Montana got hurt until he got his head taken off. If you want to talk about overrated QB's of the 90's take a look at Aikman's stats, despite having Emmitt, Novacek, Irvin, and Harper to throw to.

In reading through the thread on reddit there are 2 schools of thought from both eagles and titans fans.

1. This was not actually offered by the eagles. The Eagles inquired on the price, were told this would be the cost and never made an offer.

2. This is just absolutely not true.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd argue that he was the 2nd best QB, behind JK12, in the league from when Montana got hurt until he got his head taken off. If you want to talk about overrated QB's of the 90's take a look at Aikman's stats, despite having Emmitt, Novacek, Irvin, and Harper to throw to.

a lot of people have this opinion on #8. Im biased cuz they killed us in the SBs so I agree. !@#$ you cowboys!

Mariota is not RG3

Tenn made the right call.

Saying a qb is not rg3 at the draft or through his rookie year would have been perceived so differently then compared to now. Wonder if the same will be true if mariota some day.

qb driven league and once you get the guy you just build around him. you don't trade him away

Hypothetical: they flip Bradford for a 1 from Cleveland

Three 1sts, a second, and fletcher cox.... What qbs could that package fetch? What if you slightly sweeten it even?

Big Ben?

Phillip rivers and still have assets left over?

Matt Ryan and have stuff left?

Really what qbs would be off limits at that price? Rogers, cam, luck and Wilson?

Because getting a shot at a potential franchise QB is infinitely more important than having Fletcher Cox and a bunch of 1st round talent on the roster

True, but Mariota was anything but a sure thing at the time. Still not sure, but yes it looks like Tenn did the right thing as it turns out.. plus Cox and Bradford would come with very large price tags..

True, but Mariota was anything but a sure thing at the time. Still not sure, but yes it looks like Tenn did the right thing as it turns out.. plus Cox and Bradford would come with very large price tags..

If your scouts tell you Quarterback X has a 30% chance of being a franchise QB you still take the shot. Every other type of talent can be easily acquired. You don't waste a #2 pick on a trade or a DE if a potential franchise guy is there

Teams that don't have a franchise QB and don't a QB somewhere in the draft aren't making winning a priority

Edited by Nostradumbass

• 2 weeks later...