Bills Pre-draft visit tracker

Interesting to me that they did not invite Michael Thomas

:(

No Braxton either.

They've had no WRs in at all. I'm of the belief they don't plan to take one until the mid to late rounds. At least that how it appears.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

No Braxton either.

They've had no WRs in at all. I'm of the belief they don't plan to take one until the mid to late rounds. At least that how it appears.

That's the right call. I think it will be hard to pass up Sterling Shepard in the third, though.

I think you could see the shift of their thought process after they started scouting guys. Early on Whaley seemed pretty adamant about upgrading at WR and the evidence states that's what he wants to do.

He signed Harvin to replace Woods but then Harvin predictably got hurt. He was interviewed and said they wanted to upgrade the position. They sniffed around Anquan Boldin. Then only recently did he give a vote of confidence to Robert Woods.

I think Whaley realized they are too strapped to upgrade WR in FA and may have bigger need in the first couple rounds to bring in guys like Treadwell, Doctson etc who would be better than Woods for the 2016 year

very cool, when does it become too late to schedule visits though?

im not sure but i think the final board is done the week before the draft so they only have a few weeks left to want to bring guys in, probably. They may have had more than this and just not reported. Teams don't like to publicize who they bring in.

I read that NE tells all draft prospects that they bring in for visits that if they tell anyone they are visiting, they will take them off their board.

im not sure but i think the final board is done the week before the draft so they only have a few weeks left to want to bring guys in, probably. They may have had more than this and just not reported. Teams don't like to publicize who they bring in.

I read that NE tells all draft prospects that they bring in for visits that if they tell anyone they are visiting, they will take them off their board.

That should be pro forma. Keep yer yap shut.

@albertbreer

Important context on Top 30 visits where teams host players -- those are often to answer an injury or off-field question with a prospect.

A lot of times, if teams have on-field questions, better to visit player on campus where they can work them out. In-house visits different.

seems like people either love him or hate him.

I don't see him fitting well in a 3-4 base scheme. Agility scores were a bit meh, think he would struggle mightily on coverage drops.

As a 4-3 LDE, I don't mind him. His effort levels soured me quite a bit. If we're taking that kind of guy, I'd rather get value from Jordan Jenkins in the 3rd-4th range. Situational pass rusher type.

I don't see him fitting well in a 3-4 base scheme. Agility scores were a bit meh, think he would struggle mightily on coverage drops.

As a 4-3 LDE, I don't mind him. His effort levels soured me quite a bit. If we're taking that kind of guy, I'd rather get value from Jordan Jenkins in the 3rd-4th range. Situational pass rusher type.

i vote for Vernon Butler at 19. Appropriate value and like the fit. IMO of course and I'm no scout.

i vote for Vernon Butler at 19. Appropriate value and like the fit. IMO of course and I'm no scout.

A round too early for me but I certainly see the logic. Things have gone a tad overboard with Vern, particularly the comparison to Mo Wilkerson. If there was a Wilkerson calibre DL in this class, he would be a consensus top 10 guy.

Sheldon Rankins is probably my dream DL scenario at 19. Can play all 3 DL spots in base, rotate with Kyle at 3-Tech in packages (maybe even strong side DE in a 4-man front). The man makes me salivate.

A round too early for me but I certainly see the logic. Things have gone a tad overboard with Vern, particularly the comparison to Mo Wilkerson. If there was a Wilkerson calibre DL in this class, he would be a consensus top 10 guy.

Sheldon Rankins is probably my dream DL scenario at 19. Can play all 3 DL spots in base, rotate with Kyle at 3-Tech in packages (maybe even strong side DE in a 4-man front). The man makes me salivate.

is Rankins undersized for Bills scheme or no? Edited by YoloinOhio

It's hard to see you mention Rankins and his ability to play all 3 spots and not mention Nkemdiche. With his question marks included I would give him an equal if not better chance of excelling at the NFL level. He is gifted.

is Rankins undersized for Bills scheme or no?

It's a possibility that's he's undersized to play NT in the NFL (it would only be situational in my plan for him) but he's played NT & DE at Louisville quite successfully playing 1-gap and 2-gap roles. With teams being in nickel/dime packages so much these days, I think it's better to target Rankins over Billings as the interior complement to Dareus.

It's hard to see you mention Rankins and his ability to play all 3 spots and not mention Nkemdiche. With his question marks included I would give him an equal if not better chance of excelling at the NFL level. He is gifted.

I don't see Nkemdiche being able to play any spot in a 3-4. For me, he's a pure 4-3 1-gapping 3-Tech. On top of that, I wouldn't call him gifted either. Gifted players produce and Robert just hasn't. He's nothing but recruiting hype. As I mentioned a while back, he's just a souped up version of Rakeem Nunez-Roches (who KC drafted in the 6th round). RNR had 21.5 TFL's, 5 sacks at Southern Miss, Nkemdiche had 16 TFL's, 6 sacks at Ole Miss.

Add into the mix that he can't put the bong down and his brother hangs around like a bad smell (Denzel is a huge influence on his little brother and might be schizophrenic). I just don't see him fulfilling what potential he has.