Bills Pre-draft visit tracker

What did he mean by dummy?

Is that bad?

CBF

I don't think he is "un-intelligent" as far as not being able to learn the system, etc. But he did get caught twice with drug tests, once at the Big 10 championship in 2013 when they knew they were going to be tested. TBH a lot of players know how to skirt the test. Not that all of them take drugs and do that, but you know what I mean. Like any player who gets dinged at the combine. You KNEW it was coming! Like Polian said, if it happens, the player is either 1) stupid or 2) addicted. In Spence's case they claim he had a drug problem which points to the second option. But I don't think he is "dumb" overall.

Pryor on the other hand... :bag:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he is "un-intelligent" as far as not being able to learn the system, etc. But he did get caught twice with drug tests, once at the Big 10 championship in 2013 when they knew they were going to be tested. TBH a lot of players know how to skirt the test. Not that all of them take drugs and do that, but you know what I mean. Like any player who gets dinged at the combine. You KNEW it was coming! Like Polian said, if it happens, the player is either 1) stupid or 2) addicted. In Spence's case they claim he had a drug problem which points to the second option. But I don't think he is "dumb" overall.

Pryor on the other hand... :bag:

Good post !

List of pre-draft visits

• Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (COM)
  • Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
  • Su’a Cravens, OLB, USC (COM)
  • Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (COM)
  • Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (COM)
  • Jared Goff, QB, California (COM)
  • B.J. Goodson, ILB, Clemson (COM)
  • T.J. Green, S, Clemson (COM)
  • Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State (COM)
  • Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (COM)
  • Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford (COM)
  • Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson (COM)
  • Shaq Lawson, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM)
  • Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis (COM)
  • Emmanuel Ogbah, DE Oklahoma State (COM)
  • Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (COM)
  • Dak Prescott^, QB, Mississippi State (COM, PRI)
  • Reggie Ragland^, ILB, Alabama (WOR, PRI)
  • Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State (COM)
  • Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (PRI)
  • D.J. Reader, DT, Clemson (COM)
  • Rashawn Scott, WR, Miami (EW)
  • Noah Spence, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Eastern Kentucky (COM)
  • Charles Tapper, DE/3-4DE, Oklahoma (COM)
  • Anthony Zettel, DE/DT, Penn State (EW)
  • Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (PRI)

http://www.cover1.net/pre-draft-visits-scheduled/

List of pre-draft visits

• Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (COM)
  • Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
  • Sua Cravens, OLB, USC (COM)
  • Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (COM)
  • Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (COM)
  • Jared Goff, QB, California (COM)
  • B.J. Goodson, ILB, Clemson (COM)
  • T.J. Green, S, Clemson (COM)
  • Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State (COM)
  • Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (COM)
  • Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford (COM)
  • Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson (COM)
  • Shaq Lawson, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM)
  • Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis (COM)
  • Emmanuel Ogbah, DE Oklahoma State (COM)
  • Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (COM)
  • Dak Prescott^, QB, Mississippi State (COM, PRI)
  • Reggie Ragland^, ILB, Alabama (WOR, PRI)
  • Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State (COM)
  • Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (PRI)
  • D.J. Reader, DT, Clemson (COM)
  • Rashawn Scott, WR, Miami (EW)
  • Noah Spence, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Eastern Kentucky (COM)
  • Charles Tapper, DE/3-4DE, Oklahoma (COM)
  • Anthony Zettel, DE/DT, Penn State (EW)
  • Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (PRI)

http://www.cover1.net/pre-draft-visits-scheduled/

They aren't all 30 visits tho. Some they met at the combine. They are allowed 30

The only ones to be confirmed thus far are:

Dak Prescott QB

Cyrus Jones CB

Sheldon Rankins DT

Reggie Ragland LB

That's only 4 of 30

They aren't all 30 visits tho. Some they met at the combine. They are allowed 30

The only ones to be confirmed thus far are:

Dak Prescott QB

Cyrus Jones CB

Sheldon Rankins DT

Reggie Ragland LB

That's only 4 of 30

So they only talked to 26 prospects during the combine process? That number seems kind of low.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn

According to a source, the #Bills are bringing La. Tech DE Vernon Butler in for pre-draft visit. Nice fit with Rex

Hi Clemson Bills Fan, can you share your opinion on some of the Clemson's excellent prospects has to offer this year, particularly those on the DL?

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn

According to a source, the #Bills are bringing La. Tech DE Vernon Butler in for pre-draft visit. Nice fit with Rex

would love him in the 2nd round, after landing Kevin Dodd or John Bullard in the 1st. Or vice versa.

Hi Clemson Bills Fan, can you share your opinion on some of the Clemson's excellent prospects has to offer this year, particularly those on the DL?

Yes I can.. Though I may be a little biased (I try not to be)

Shaq Lawson: I think he is a solid prospect, but what most scouts have on him seem to be right. Even though he gets talked about when it comes to pass rushers, I believe his biggest strength is his run defense. He doesn't have great moves while rushing but gets past tackles with his strength, sort of similar to the observations of Bosa. He seems to get tired towards the end of games even though he was asked to do a lot here. When a play was needed to be made, he (or Ben Boulware) would pull through. He wasn't asked to cover much during college but has the ability to do so if asked. Personally he would be one of my top choices if he fell to us.

Kevin Dodd: really come out of nowhere this year when we had to replace most of our starters. Solid all around DE as well, but I have always thought of Shaq as the better prospect. He only played one year of football prior to Clemson so he seems like he could continue to get better. My issue with that has been that he is 24 already, so he is still getting a late start. Also, as good as Dodd's last few games were, that national championship game really jolted him into the first round predictions ( Bama's RT looked like the worst tackle he faced all season). He could work out, but I would let another team take their chances.

Not to get off topic, but from our defense, I think the most intriguing prospect is T.J. Green.

Yes I can.. Though I may be a little biased (I try not to be)

Shaq Lawson: I think he is a solid prospect, but what most scouts have on him seem to be right. Even though he gets talked about when it comes to pass rushers, I believe his biggest strength is his run defense. He doesn't have great moves while rushing but gets past tackles with his strength, sort of similar to the observations of Bosa. He seems to get tired towards the end of games even though he was asked to do a lot here. When a play was needed to be made, he (or Ben Boulware) would pull through. He wasn't asked to cover much during college but has the ability to do so if asked. Personally he would be one of my top choices if he fell to us.

Kevin Dodd: really come out of nowhere this year when we had to replace most of our starters. Solid all around DE as well, but I have always thought of Shaq as the better prospect. He only played one year of football prior to Clemson so he seems like he could continue to get better. My issue with that has been that he is 24 already, so he is still getting a late start. Also, as good as Dodd's last few games were, that national championship game really jolted him into the first round predictions ( Bama's RT looked like the worst tackle he faced all season). He could work out, but I would let another team take their chances.

Not to get off topic, but from our defense, I think the most intriguing prospect is T.J. Green.

Thank you for your insight. What is your take on DJ Reader and Charone Peake?

Edited by Pete

Thank you for your insight. What is your take on DJ Reader and Charone Peake?

Then funny thing about Charone was that he was rated higher coming out of HS than Sammy (ESPN). Good size, good speed. He really just never put it all together for us. His hands seem a bit suspect, as I've watched him miss long balls on many occasions. At the same time, he had the flashes of being great with some catches, it's just that consistency he lacks. If coached up, I think he can be a solid receiver. If we decided to wait to add a receiver, I wouldn't be mad with the pick starting at our pick In the fourth (hopefully the compensation pick).

Everyone seems to like DJ around here, as do I. If he is around in the later rounds, he would be a great NT for this defense. Nothing flashy, but he has a great motor and a huge body to stuff up the middle for us. I'm sure he is on our radar, especially coming from Clemson with Rex.

Then funny thing about Charone was that he was rated higher coming out of HS than Sammy (ESPN). Good size, good speed. He really just never put it all together for us. His hands seem a bit suspect, as I've watched him miss long balls on many occasions. At the same time, he had the flashes of being great with some catches, it's just that consistency he lacks. If coached up, I think he can be a solid receiver. If we decided to wait to add a receiver, I wouldn't be mad with the pick starting at our pick In the fourth (hopefully the compensation pick).

Everyone seems to like DJ around here, as do I. If he is around in the later rounds, he would be a great NT for this defense. Nothing flashy, but he has a great motor and a huge body to stuff up the middle for us. I'm sure he is on our radar, especially coming from Clemson with Rex.

No doubt, add to that, the Bills don't waste resources on smokescreens. If a prospect visits it is because they're very interested.

Do you see a potential John McCargo on that Dline or do you think all three will become solid NFL players?

Thanks for the insigths CBF.

No doubt, add to that, the Bills don't waste resources on smokescreens. If a prospect visits it is because they're very interested.

Do you see a potential John McCargo on that Dline or do you think all three will become solid NFL players?

Thanks for the insigths CBF.

Very true and I think that is the best strategy when it comes to middle to late round guys... By that time everyone has these guys rated differently on their board, so no need for foolery.

I must admit, I was only 15 when we drafted McCargo, so I only really know what I can read up on him. But simply put, I believe they wil all have solid careers in comparison with their expectations. I personally think Shaq is going to be a stud for a long time. Even though Vic Beasley started slow last year (Falcons, 1st year out of Clemson), he finished the season really flashing his potential. These guys are two different animals with their skill sets, but I was more impressed on a consistent basis when it comes to watching Shaq. I loved Vic, but there are going to be things in the NFL that he will struggle with, while Shaq has the talent to be and all-around great DE.

I believe Kevin Dodd will be a good role player (starter, but not big time star), but as I have said, I think he will get drafted higher than his professional career will produce.

DJ, if drafted into a defense like ours (I will have my fingers crossed in the middle to late rounds), can truly be a steal of the draft. As many have mentioned, NT isn't valued for most teams because of their schemes, but putting him in the middle of our line could really open up things for Marcel, Kyle, and hopefully an early pass rusher/DE.

And I enjoy it.. I have been following this site for about four years and just decided to start posting.. Its great being able to discuss my Bills (Considering how few there are in SC) with other legitimate fans.

Dude...yes. He's so big and fast. If Ed Reed could teach him how to play safety, watch out..

He'd be a great pick in the mid rounds, I think.