Antonin Scalia dead?

Juror#8

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Activist like overturning hugely ....actually almost unamimous.... bipartison legislation like campaign finance reform and voter rights laws?

That's not judicial activism. What is it, exactly, you believe the purpose of the Court is? To rubber stamp new law?

The purpose of the Court is to rule on the Constitutionality of law, not the popularity of law. And Scalia was correct in his opinion on campaign finance as speech and voters rights.

I'd yet to hear any logical Constitutional argument opposing. Perhaps you'll care to make one?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Tell us again how you're a Republican...

Tell me again how the two examples I laid out aren't clear definitions of activist judgements.....you know....when judges overturn long held legislation....legislated by 435 congressmen, 50 senators and a president overturned by 5 men......but if it fits your POV.....

But continue your MO of coming up with nothing of substance....probably fits your life...

Tell me again how the two examples I laid out aren't clear definitions of activist judgements.....you know....when judges overturn long held legislation....legislated by 435 congressmen, 50 senators and a president overturned by 5 men......but if it fits your POV.....

But continue your MO of coming up with nothing of substance....probably fits your life...

you made the statement. Tommy asked you initially to support your statement.

clearly, you cannot. and as such, you cannot ask a question in return..

tom owned you.

you made the statement. Tommy asked you initially to support your statement.

clearly, you cannot. and as such, you cannot ask a question in return..

tom owned you.

I think in order to own him Tom asked the wrong question. I think Tasker's question created more ownership.

You can just as easily say Sacilia was against free speech by shooting down the campaign finance law. Screaming so no one else can be heard is just as much against freedom as a censorship by the government. But agains, all the money did not help Bush or Clinton this time. Totally new media environment

I can't wait to hear who Trump would nominate. Obama's nominee will be interesting. Maybe another women? Makes it harder to attack her I think.

What type of Judge do you thing a President Sanders would appoint and why would he/she be good for the country?

Two second question looking for a 5 minute answer? :rolleyes:

You can just as easily say Sacilia was against free speech by shooting down the campaign finance law. Screaming so no one else can be heard is just as much against freedom as a censorship by the government. But agains, all the money did not help Bush or Clinton this time. Totally new media environment

I can't wait to hear who Trump would nominate. Obama's nominee will be interesting. Maybe another women? Makes it harder to attack her I think.

Radio, television, and print adds are hardly "screaming to drown out others". Further, one purchasing such a medium for their speech does not prohibit anyone else from from doing exactly the same thing. We all have the equal right to speak.

Campaign finance laws simply serve to censor political speech that the left doesn't like.

Radio, television, and print adds are hardly "screaming to drown out others". Further, one purchasing such a medium for their speech does not prohibit anyone else from from doing exactly the same thing. We all have the equal right to speak.

Campaign finance laws simply serve to censor political speech that the left doesn't like.

If one side can buy up all the air waves in a local or regional market its just a silly and large advantages and serves the interests of the powerful few

Five minutes, three minutes, what we've it takes.

Logical question asked of someone who would wish Sanders to nominate the next Justice don't you think?

a great one,

What would make him or her great? I can play this game all night if you want.

Five minutes, three minutes, what we've it takes.

Logical question asked of someone who would wish Sanders to nominate the next Justice don't you think?

No its lazy. Take time to state your opinion. No one wants to waste five minutes of their life answering just to find another question afterwards