The Wow Factor 1:30 pm today Outsides the Lines

Yes- that was a very interesting article on the ESPN site about this today. I was going to post about it and you beat me to it. Reading through, you can only wonder what the Pegula's thought about the process since it was so decisive and contentious and broke people into factions. Being so new, they must have wondered exactly what they go themselves into. I wonder where they aligned on this since the influential owners like Jones, Richardson and Kraft were not all together on their choices. I know that Ralph was usually one to abstain from things like this.

As long as they don't let Bon Jovi move the Titans to Toronto!

The Manning family with some big backers will buy the Titans. Purely speculation. Each Manning brother is worth more than $200 M each. Some speculate with his holdings and investments, Peyton could be worth $350 M.

They'll have friends. I wouldn't rule it out, as the current family legacy wants out.

The Manning family with some big backers will buy the Titans. Purely speculation. Each Manning brother is worth more than $200 M each. Some speculate with his holdings and investments, Peyton could be worth $350 M.

They'll have friends. I wouldn't rule it out, as the current family legacy wants out.

Maybe go in with Papa John's and call them the Tennessee Pepperonis

I have to imagine Pegula, being new to the fraternity, went along with the majority. Also having an L.A. team makes up some for the potential revenue the league loses on Buffalo.

You have mentioned this before. The vast majority of the group's income comes from TV contracts in which they all share equally. The only discrepancy between team revenues I from gate receipts and merchandise differences. How is the league losing money in Buffalo? And how does a team in LA "make up for that"?

Perhaps they got nothing, perhaps they got let's look at teams in the conference realignment or less pressure for a rehab Ralph/new stadium or.... It's all part of negotiations

I'm betting it's far simpler. Pegula is a businessman who just bought a trophy business. He, like 29 of his brothers, no doubt wants to be able to do whatever he wants with his business. His vote, like (essentially--there 2 nay votes) the rest is a reaffirmation of that philosophy---"we wil do as we please with our teams".

Wow - that's a long article!

Yes it is. Some thought Kraft was co-commissioner of the NFL but it looks like Jones is. Besides the relocation fee, Jones is from Arkansas, Kroenke wife is a Walton of Walmart$$$ based in Arkansas. I just thought that was a interesting link in Jerrys battle for Kroenkes stadium, of which 60 acres of the complex land was formally in control of Walmart. Grumman of the NFL also played a interesting part in the stadium bid.

With the Raiders getting a new deal in Oakland for a year and the Chargers the same, I feel for the fans of both teams. Imagine being a season ticket holder for years, upon years for either team and find out that your team may move AGAIN next year to Vegas or LA--Not this year, but next year we may move 👎