"Natural" Food, GMO's, "Organic" and Big Mac's

:lol: There are those out there who would probably agree with that.

See I live in NorCal. We don't beat around the bush. Wheat?? No man it's !@#$ing killer skunk!

Drive or walk through Berkeley and you'd think someone had gone on a skunk killing spree.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://reason.com/archives/2015/05/08/chipotle-claims-integrity-but-is-actuall

In May 2014, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) National Agricultural Statistics Service issued its comprehensive report Pesticide Use in U.S. Agriculture, updating national herbicide and insecticide usage trends. The agency found that herbicide usage peaked at 478 million pounds in 1981—a decade and half prior to the introduction of the first biotech crop varieties—and fell to 394 million pounds in 2008. So instead of a massive increase in herbicide spraying, as claimed by Benbrook, the USDA actually reports a modest decline. Insecticide applications peaked in 1972 at 158 million pounds, dropping to 29 million pounds in 2008.

It's worth noting that the insecticide DDT accounted for 11 percent of all agricultural pesticides used in 1972. Since biotech crops can protect themselves against insect pests, there is far less need for farmers to spray their crops.

In November 2014, German researchers reviewed 147 agronomic studies and similarly reported that "on average, GM technology adoption has reduced chemical pesticide use by 37 percent, increased crop yields by 22 percent, and increased farmer profits by 68 percent."

What really does cause damage to the environment? Growing low-yield crops, because that means more land must be plowed down instead of being left for nature. And organic farming generally produces lower yields than conventional farming. A 2012 review in the journal Nature found that "overall, organic yields are 25 percent lower than conventional yields."

• 1 month later...

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-nye-explains-his-stance-on-gmos-2015-7

Didn't realize Bill Nye made an about face on GMO's. I haven't seen the "torch and pitchfork" organic groups calling for his head. Maybe they quietly swept this under the carpet.

Agreed. Another inconvenient truth. Leftists are proud of their evolution, but usually it's sharply to the left. Maybe he needs the money and will write another book to exploit his transformation.

Agreed. Another inconvenient truth. Leftists are proud of their evolution, but usually it's sharply to the left. Maybe he needs the money and will write another book to exploit his transformation.

Or (less cynically), maybe he looked at the science and changed his mind. Actually, that is what happened. I believe you people call this a fipflop or something. Idk, it's been a while.

Changing one's mind is a sign of a person who is incapable of thinking with his gut.

Or (less cynically), maybe he looked at the science and changed his mind. Actually, that is what happened. I believe you people call this a fipflop or something. Idk, it's been a while.

Changing one's mind is a sign of a person who is incapable of thinking with his gut.

Oh good, he stopped being a luddite scaremonger.

Now if he'd change his tune on global warming, we'd be all good.

The FDA stopped their official program of graasfed beef.

Currently, there are no rules on what labels you can put on your beef with regard to all natural, organic or grass fed.

Its literally the wild west with beef

No. It's what leftists called a flipflop - which is as useful as a hammer to smash your opponents teeth with. That's what they do, although they're now using evolution - which is so progressive a concept - to describe how they can jettison a belief or value and morph into something more accommodating to their oh so well educated friends.

No. It's what leftists called a flipflop - which is as useful as a hammer to smash your opponents teeth with. That's what they do, although they're now using evolution - which is so progressive a concept - to describe how they can jettison a belief or value and morph into something more accommodating to their oh so well educated friends.

It's a dangerous game though, isn't it? Surely no reasonable person would be against another person changing their mind on issues as they become more informed. But it's also an easy out for anyone caught in a pickle to suddenly "evolve" on a contentious issue.

Gator tries it all the time. He'll say something, get blasted for it, so he claims he was kidding for a few minutes until he evolves again and claims he never said anything in the first place.

It's hard to tell sometimes who's being genuine in reagards to their flip flopping.

It's a dangerous game though, isn't it? Surely no reasonable person would be against another person changing their mind on issues as they become more informed. But it's also an easy out for anyone caught in a pickle to suddenly "evolve" on a contentious issue.

Gator tries it all the time. He'll say something, get blasted for it, so he claims he was kidding for a few minutes until he evolves again and claims he never said anything in the first place.

It's hard to tell sometimes who's being genuine in reagards to their flip flopping.

So now I'm dangerous? You really are on opiates, aren't you?

So now I'm dangerous? You really are on opiates, aren't you?

Of all the people here, you're the only one wishing for mass shootings, lashing out in rage addled insult attacks, and laughing over the thought of dead Americans. Plus, you're clinically stupid to the point of being classified as "slow".

Add that all up and I say you're the most dangerous person posting in this forum.

Of all the people here, you're the only one wishing for mass shootings, lashing out in rage addled insult attacks, and laughing over the thought of dead Americans. Plus, you're clinically stupid to the point of being classified as "slow".

Add that all up and I say you're the most dangerous person posting in this forum.

Dangerous how?