Super Bowl 50: Broncos vs. Panthers

Super Bowl 50 Winner  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Super Bowl 50?

• Panthers and the New School Cam
    • Broncos and the Old Mann-ing

Carolina is the easy favorite to win. They have the better team over all. Much better offense and a defense who is only half a step below Denver's. The only way I honestly see Denver winning is by coaching scheme, Manning's experience plus knowing its his last chance to win a SB so he's gonna go all out, and some lucky plays/calls. Carolina's offense at this point might as well put on a goofy red helmet cuz its a juggernaut. Their best player will touch the ball on every Offensive play and they have way more offensive weapons. Cant say the same for Broncos. Denvers best players/stars are on defense so that will be an awesome match up vs Cam and his arsenal of weapons, its gonna be fun to watch. I wont be mad at the outcome either way, I just want to see a close game that comes down to the last minutes with UN-BIASED OFFICIATING. I voted Bronco's cuz Id like to see Manning win one more SB and retire plus Cam's got a bright future and will have at least 10 more years to win a SB.
so....."Go Broncos" (Randy Marsh Voice)

I see virtually no outcome in my mind where Denver wins. I think the Broncos D keeps them in it for a while but Carolina's D is no joke either and I don't see Denver scoring more than 17 points. I think Carolina shuts down the run and dares Manning to try and beat them deep which likely ends in disaster. Even a few of the deep balls that were caught yesterday were badly underthrown like a Fitz deep ball and should have been picked...the one Sanders caught over Butler immediately comes to mind...

That is just not going to cut it against that team. I see them losing by at least 10, and I can see the game getting out of hand quickly if Carolina goes up by 2 TDs early and they force Denver to throw more than they want. So either Carolina by 10+, or Carolina in a blowout like yesterday.

Unfortunately I cud see that happening but Im hoping to see a better game then that, Denvers LBs and CBs arent as sleepy as the Cardinals, Cam's gonna have to play his best it wont be a walk in the park.

I think Denver would need at least 2 non offensive TDs, like 2 defensive touchdowns, or a special teams and defensive touchdown, or 2 special teams TDs, etc...

It is a game and crazy stuff can happen...returns, blocked kicks, one missed assignment leasing to something bad, tipped passes, etc...thing is, even with those, I still think Denver gets held to FGs even on a short field unless they return it for a TD...

If they win, and I can't see it, it's gonna be because they get 2 non offensive TDs...

Pick 6s and Turnovers are a necessity for Broncos to have a chance. Manning/Denver doesnt have the weapons or the Arm to win a shootout anymore

I feel it is going to be the exact same scenario. Carolina looks unstoppable. Newton can scoot so Denver wont be able to just rush like the did against Brady. If they do look for 100+ rush yards from Cam.

Carolina wings big 38 - 13

Agree but I hope not. Also Denvers LBs and CBs are much better then the Cardinals, plus we saw what Seattle did to Cam Newton in the 2nd half, Wade better study that **** like he studdied Ryan's game plan in our 2nd Pats Game

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way this game is competitive is if Carolina makes uncharacteristic mistakes with two fumbles or INT's. I too would love to see Manning hoist the Lombardi, then announce with the confetti coming down his retirement. It would be a great end to his career. Beating Brady one last time in a nail biter, then being the underdog and pulling it off.

As others have stated what's a lot more likely is a 35-14 win by Carolina.

I am wishing Manning could win and retire a winner immediately after the game. He deserves to go out on top. But i see no way he will be capable of beating the Panthers, his skills are too diminished. Hoping for a miracle, but not expecting one .

Edited by simpleman

Denver's chances in the Superbowl come down to whether Manning can play without turning the ball over. In games where Carolina is +2 or better in the turnover battle, they're getting about 5.7 points a turnover. That means about 80% of the time, they're scoring touchdowns off of their opponents miscues. Carolina is young and hungry and Cam Newton is playing stellar football. For the Broncos to win, they need to get to him early and often, as they did with Brady.

Carolina led the league in turnover ratio with +20, Denver finished at -4.

Points per game Carolina finished #1, Denver #19. Defensive points per game, Denver finished #4, Carolina #6, so Denver's defensive advantage is mostly nullified.

Denver is going to need 2 TDs from their D or special teams to win this game. Other than that I can see Denver's D keeping it close but eventually getting overwhelmed and blown out, especially if Manning is forced to try and pass all game or is in pass mode trying to play catch up. Carolina has a tendency to score points in bunches...

I am wishing Manning could win and retire a winner immediately after the game. He deserves to go out on top. But i see no way he will be capable of beating the Panthers, his skills are too diminished. Hoping for a miracle, but not expecting one .

Pretty much my thoughts. Denver is simply too limited offensively against an excellent Panthers D that generates turnovers in waves(see the last 2 games). Considering Manning led the league in INTs even though he missed several games and I think this could get ugly like the first Bills-Cowboys Super Bowl.

If I'm the Panthers I play 8 in the box and squat on short routes daring Manning to try and throw over the top because he had several Fitz ducks against New England that should have been picked off...

Carolina is the easy favorite to win. They have the better team over all. Much better offense and a defense who is only half a step below Denver's. The only way I honestly see Denver winning is by coaching scheme, Manning's experience plus knowing its his last chance to win a SB so he's gonna go all out, and some lucky plays/calls. Carolina's offense at this point might as well put on a goofy red helmet cuz its a juggernaut. Their best player will touch the ball on every Offensive play and they have way more offensive weapons. Cant say the same for Broncos. Denvers best players/stars are on defense so that will be an awesome match up vs Cam and his arsenal of weapons, its gonna be fun to watch. I wont be mad at the outcome either way, I just want to see a close game that comes down to the last minutes with UN-BIASED OFFICIATING. I voted Bronco's cuz Id like to see Manning win one more SB and retire plus Cam's got a bright future and will have at least 10 more years to win a SB.

so....."Go Broncos" (Randy Marsh Voice)

Unfortunately I cud see that happening but Im hoping to see a better game then that, Denvers LBs and CBs arent as sleepy as the Cardinals, Cam's gonna have to play his best it wont be a walk in the park.

Pick 6s and Turnovers are a necessity for Broncos to have a chance. Manning/Denver doesnt have the weapons or the Arm to win a shootout anymore

Agree but I hope not. Also Denvers LBs and CBs are much better then the Cardinals, plus we saw what Seattle did to Cam Newton in the 2nd half, Wade better study that **** like he studdied Ryan's game plan in our 2nd Pats Game

Denver has a better CB than Patrick Peterson?? Don't think so.

Edited by matter2003

I'm surprised that most people think this is going to be one sided. The Denver D just held Brady's Patriots to 18 points. And that was with short field on their first touchdown. If the defense plays like they did against the Patriots then Denver is going to be in this game and it could come down to the last possession.

I'm surprised that most people think this is going to be one sided. The Denver D just held Brady's Patriots to 18 points. And that was with short field on their first touchdown. If the defense plays like they did against the Patriots then Denver is going to be in this game and it could come down to the last possession.

If the Broncos try to run that same scheme they will be lucky to hold the Panthers to 35. Brady does not have the mobility cam does. Newton would find the holes left wide open by the speed edge rushers and pick up 8-10 yards a scramble.

Denvers edge pass rush is going to be slowed down completely.

Seven storylines heading into Super Bowl 50
There's nearly two weeks to dissect the matchup between the Broncos and Panthers, so let's take a look at seven big storylines we'll be dissecting until Super Bowl 50 kicks off.

Which defense would you take in SB50?
Championship Sunday featured two dominant defenses. Which would you want in Super Bowl 50: Von Miller's Broncos or Luke Kuechly's Panthers? Ike Taylor backs one, Maurice Jones-Drew the other.

The new face of the NFL: Why Cam is No. 1
Cam Newton is the best player in the NFL today. Haters, you have two weeks to see the error of your ways. Adam Schein did -- and now he marvels at this Superman in Carolina Panthers garb.

If the Broncos try to run that same scheme they will be lucky to hold the Panthers to 35. Brady does not have the mobility cam does. Newton would find the holes left wide open by the speed edge rushers and pick up 8-10 yards a scramble.

Denvers edge pass rush is going to be slowed down completely.

Interesting read on the mmqb about this.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/nfl-denver-broncos-carolina-panthers-super-bowl-50-ultimate-mismatch

The Panthers and Patriots have fundamentally different offenses. Against the Pats, the Broncos got pressure with 4 and dropped everyone else in coverage because they typically faced 5 receiving options. The Panthers usually run much more "max protect" with only 3 receivers running routes. That will leave the Denver LBs free to spy or rush the QB.

Edited by Billsrhody

Carolina led the league in turnover ratio with +20, Denver finished at -4.

Points per game Carolina finished #1, Denver #19. Defensive points per game, Denver finished #4, Carolina #6, so Denver's defensive advantage is mostly nullified.

Denver is going to need 2 TDs from their D or special teams to win this game. Other than that I can see Denver's D keeping it close but eventually getting overwhelmed and blown out, especially if Manning is forced to try and pass all game or is in pass mode trying to play catch up. Carolina has a tendency to score points in bunches...

Very selective stats considering that the Panthers were +15 in just 4 games. It's not like they've been consistent. If you like selective stats and think Carolina is just going to light them up, then you might like that the Broncos shut down an offense throwing for 4,800+ yards. Your Panthers had nearly 1,000 less passing yards. 9 times, the Broncos held their opponent to under 100 yards rushing this year. That's a big deal for a Carolina team that hasn't been held under 100 yards all year. I still favor the Panthers, just like I favored the Patriots. I just seriously doubt that this is going to be so one sided. Broncos will put a lot of guys in the box. A lot of GOOD guys that can stop the run. Newton will be throwing to Ginn and probably trying to get it to Olsen in double coverage most of the day. Newton and his ability to escape the pocket and pressure is the question of the day.

I am entertained by the idea that can newton was anything but the number 1 pick in 2011. For the Panthersit was the only pick they could make . Miller, Dareus, etc would have all added to that team because they were very weak in those positions but they needed a QB

The idea that any other QB was as good was a stretch and only stated by the likes of McShay, Kiper, etc.

Newton was boom or bust. He wasn't going to be in between. Gabbert, Locker and the few others were all very steady but limited QB's. Newton seemed to have none but his mind/immaturity.