Unfiltered With Rex Ryan

Yep. Bills fans are judged by the viral outrageous tailgating videos and often classified as "oafish" and "neaderthalish".

Many of them(us I suppose) are, along with many of the fans of all the teams around the league. There's plenty of proof right here on this message board too. Those saying Rex is a bafoon of a football coach and thinking next year will be a disaster already sound pretty "neanderthalish". To think one of the best defensive coaches in league history will not atleast come back to the mean and right the ship on the defensive side with the players we have is kinda stupid. And as long as he leaves the offense to Roman, things will likely improve.

Many of them(us I suppose) are, along with many of the fans of all the teams around the league. There's plenty of proof right here on this message board too. Those saying Rex is a bafoon of a football coach and thinking next year will be a disaster already sound pretty "neanderthalish". To think one of the best defensive coaches in league history will not atleast come back to the mean and right the ship on the defensive side with the players we have is kinda stupid. And as long as he leaves the offense to Roman, things will likely improve.

I agree with you, you're exactly right.

i don't know if he will or won't right the ship but I am keeping an open mind since he wasn't playing with a full deck of cards so to speak. The biggest problem to me was communication on the field and that was caused or exacerbated by all of the shuffling of players at key positions like safety and DT coupled with the new scheme. We can't know for sure that won't happen again (major injuries) or that we can count on either Aaron or Kyle next year with the nature of their injuries. Even if they do keep Kyle, how does he fit and will he be the same player? So I expect them to re-sign Corbin Bryant and draft a replacement for Aaron pretty high. Kind of what they did with Darby.

If Aaron can play, then they have someone grooming to replace Graham as he's in his 30s. If not, they invested a high enough pick and Ed Reed into coaching so that they put him in there right away. I would expect a Von Bell/Jeremy Cash type player who has leadership, versatility, and intelligence and range. And has been responsible for learning different schemes.

A pass rusher will be added to replace Mario in the draft as well IMO. I don't think they need to use a 1st or 2nd on one since we have Hughes and Wynn, and Rex's scheme doesn't depend on having 2 studs rushing the passer. Especially if they can add a NT in FA, to free up Dareus.

I'm very interested to see what they do.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Anyone who is against Pegula and Rex Ryan don't deserve what they brought to Buffalo. Pegula kept the team and put this team back in national attention no matter what the outcome. All the negative talk is unwarranted. Not even one losing season yet under Pegula and Ryan and people talk as if we went 3-13. And this is the reason why in the media Bills fans are looked at in such a negative light. Every year results in panic if we don't win a super bowl. If another team in the AFC East could beat out the Pats I'd understand. But that isn't happening until Tom Brady retires. Period. End of story. Ryan is a good coach and Pegula is the best owner a fan base could dream of.

Negative talk = love

After all of the years of disappointment and other non-playoff year is hard to swallow

Especially after Rexy promised the Bills would end their playoff drought. :cry:

i don't know if he will or won't right the ship but I am keeping an open mind since he wasn't playing with a full deck of cards so to speak. The biggest problem to me was communication on the field and that was caused or exacerbated by all of the shuffling of players at key positions like safety and DT coupled with the new scheme. We can't know for sure that won't happen again (major injuries) or that we can count on either Aaron or Kyle next year with the nature of their injuries. Even if they do keep Kyle, how does he fit and will he be the same player? So I expect them to re-sign Corbin Bryant and draft a replacement for Aaron pretty high. Kind of what they did with Darby.

If Aaron can play, then they have someone grooming to replace Graham as he's in his 30s. If not, they invested a high enough pick and Ed Reed into coaching so that they put him in there right away. I would expect a Von Bell/Jeremy Cash type player who has leadership, versatility, and intelligence and range. And has been responsible for learning different schemes.

A pass rusher will be added to replace Mario in the draft as well IMO. I don't think they need to use a 1st or 2nd on one since we have Hughes and Wynn, and Rex's scheme doesn't depend on having 2 studs rushing the passer. Especially if they can add a NT in FA, to free up Dareus.

I'm very interested to see what they do.

Me as well. All good points. I see the delayed communication issues being corrected by wtvr means necessary as those issues were brought into the spotlight. I see Rex as a coach who does what he can and will ask for help to fix those deficiencies without ego getting in the way.

Anyone who is against Pegula and Rex Ryan don't deserve what they brought to Buffalo. Pegula kept the team and put this team back in national attention no matter what the outcome. All the negative talk is unwarranted. Not even one losing season yet under Pegula and Ryan and people talk as if we went 3-13. And this is the reason why in the media Bills fans are looked at in such a negative light. Every year results in panic if we don't win a super bowl. If another team in the AFC East could beat out the Pats I'd understand. But that isn't happening until Tom Brady retires. Period. End of story. Ryan is a good coach and Pegula is the best owner a fan base could dream of.

Couldn't disagree more. Bills fans are by far the best in the NFL. Every last fan is grateful to Pegula's for stepping up.

Rex put in a bad year coaching. With our roster we should be playing on Sunday.

I had a hard time believing Rex when he said that Rob Ryan turned down coordinator jobs to join the Bills.

True. I have a hard time believing him anyway since halfway through the season when he turned our defense into a disaster. All the big blustering at his initial press conference was all a ploy to get everyone excited. That's all it was.

It's still January and I'm already sick of the Ryan twins

Next season is going to be a freaking disaster

Based on what ?

Rex never had a offensive coach as good as Roman and if you look at the Roster Rex dealt with his last three years in New york it is a mircle he won as many as did

2014 he had zero corners

2012 his wide outs were a joke

oh and the pesky qb thing

Just listened to Rex on NFL network and he was surprisingly humble and said he wouldn't make any predictions about the future. This something I have wanted to see in him is humility and no more false bravado. If this change is real maybe he can learn from his mistakes and become a better coach and better coordinator and get our defense where it should be and more importantly a winning team.

Based on what ?Rex never had a offensive coach as good as Roman and if you look at the Roster Rex dealt with his last three years in New york it is a mircle he won as many as did

2014 he had zero corners

2012 his wide outs were a joke

oh and the pesky qb thing

Every year his defense and team regressed. I believe we will see the same thing here also.

I do think the defense will be better next year provided they don't lose as many key starters to injury, and bolster the linebacker and safety position. However, I think it is more about the QB than anything else. I am not concerned about the D as much as I am that TT continues to improve and stays healthy. That is the biggest factor, to me, on whether they will finally make the playoffs.

We tied with NE at 4-2 at the top of the AFC East and gave NE 2 good games were close boys. Tyrod needs a good off season of study and Ota's and a full training camp. Those last 2 games throwing over the middle and playing better and showing heart showed me something. Tyrod is the answer, you guys just don't realize it yet. He is everything you could want in a QB. I for one am thankful he is are QB. Rex can do better and I feel he will.

Edited by billsareback