Eagles: Name Doug Pederson HC, Schwartz DC, & Reich OC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‏@4JoshReed

according to reports out of Philly... former #Bills defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz expected to be named Eagles DC.

@CSNPhilly

Source confirms to @TheRealDGunnCSN Jim Schwartz in town to meet with #Eagles. @DZangaroCSN: http://cmcst.sn/GfR

CZCoLMMUkAEv1mB.jpg

26 - you are all over it. Happy for Schwartz and he should do well with that talent. I don't see him as HC material but an excellent DC like Wade.

As far as Peferson, it's basically an admission by Lurie they made a mistake on Kelly, and going back to what is comfortable in a Reid disciple. reid is a heck of a coach so hopefully for his sake Pederson can do the same.

26 - you are all over it. Happy for Schwartz and he should do well with that talent. I don't see him as HC material but an excellent DC like Wade.

As far as Peferson, it's basically an admission by Lurie they made a mistake on Kelly, and going back to what is comfortable in a Reid disciple. reid is a heck of a coach so hopefully for his sake Pederson can do the same.

Pederson will have to make a good impression quickly or the Philly fans and media will be all over him. Getting a good staff in place is key for him.

@phillydotcom

Fans react to Schwartz, Reich rumors - http://bit.ly/1OC3xvj

CZCoXbXUEAAnORr.jpg

Probably not. Both sides needed a fresh start.

What about from a fan's perspective? The past 3 years have been totally wasted, no way around it. At least the Gints and Bucs promoted from within rather than have a full scale house cleaning followed 3 years later be the return of the prodigal coach.

What about from a fan's perspective? The past 3 years have been totally wasted, no way around it. At least the Gints and Bucs promoted from within rather than have a full scale house cleaning followed 3 years later be the return of the prodigal coach.

Maybe so with the full benefit of 20/20 hindsight. But the fans were complaining loudly about Reid prior to his departure.

Yeah but if I'm Lurie I think I'd go in a different direction. This is like Nathaniel returning here as HC.

I see your point, but I'd take Pederson's pedigree over Nate Can't Hackett just as it's obvious that Reid is by far a superior coach with a well established track record of success when compared to St. Doug who has such little cachet in the NFL. We'll see if they can recapture a measure of sustained success under the Reid protégé.

Funny, the Eagles fans I've talked to about Schwartz in the last few days are not thrilled with his (potential) hiring — mostly due to that the last time they ran a Wide 9 under Jim Washburn it was very weak against the run. Luckily for them, Schwartz's Wide 9 defenses are great against the run because he puts so much focus on it.

For me, personally, I think Schwartz will do well there with their talent.

@phillydotcom

Jim Schwartz is talking with the Eagles, but there is no deal yet http://bit.ly/1OCjbXq

CZDU-CsUoAAgWUg.jpg

The Eagles still have many players who were initially acquired to play in a 4-3. Pro Bowl defensive end Fletcher Cox posted Monday on Twitter: "Did somebody say 4-3 . . . Or am I dreaming." Defensive end Vinny Curry, outside linebacker Brandon Graham and inside linebacker Mychal Kendricks also would likely welcome a return to an even-man front.

Schwartz has long been a proponent of an attacking defensive line that often has the ends line up in the nine-technique - otherwise known as the wide-nine - but only in certain situations. The Eagles utilized this scheme in 2012-13 when they brought in line coach Jim Washburn from the Titans.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@DonBanks

Eagles have a new Defensive coordinator in Jim Schwartz. Deal is not yet signed, but agreement in place.

@ChrisBurke_SI

Eagles have (most of) the pieces for Schwartz's 4-3. Push Graham back to DE, Cox/Logan inside, LB group of Kendricks/Hicks/Alonso.

@Jeff_McLane

Jim Schwartz as DC is strong hire for #Eagles on paper. Has vast experience and success in the NFL. Already has pieces to move back to 4-3.