Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite frankly, if this is true, it should be permanent. It doesn't seem like he can sustain living in the bubble that is Johnny Football.

I doubt he could sustain living outside it, either. He seems to have no coping skills whatsoever.

I doubt he could sustain living outside it, either. He seems to have no coping skills whatsoever.

Very true. It's looking more and more likely that it'll take something drastic to stop this ending in his demise.

With Josh Gordon first and now Manziel, at what point (if at all) does the league start to investigate the vetting protocols the Browns employ?

Based on the police report, why did they let him go? They found him with the helicopter. Then did nothing.

The 30 for 30 on JFF is going to be epic.

Without a slow speed chase, how good could it be?

I hope he can get his act together. The people who think this is just a guy having a good time and a few beers are missing the picture. He needs help and that starts with him trying to get help. Maybe his frontal lobe will come together and make it easier for him to get through this.

Without a slow speed chase, how good could it be?

I hope he can get his act together. The people who think this is just a guy having a good time and a few beers are missing the picture. He needs help and that starts with him trying to get help. Maybe his frontal lobe will come together and make it easier for him to get through this.

CTE?

CTE?

Ha! It's not OJ's fault! Actually it takes until age 25-26 for the brain to finish formation, as I understand it. We have a son who was a dumpster fire until that age, but has turned things around in an amazing way. We've gotten an unwanted education in that area. There's definitely something to it, but maybe not in JF's case.

CTE?

One of the things that I've wondered about has actually been that the vast majority of CFB players enter the league around the age for the onset of schizophrenia.

It's thought to affect about 1.1% of the population and sportsmen aren't immune from it. There's been a few cases over the past 2-3 years where I've seen reports and that was my immediate thought.

Not sure it's the case with Manziel, the issues seem to have been there for a while in some way, shape or form.

"She says she thought he was on drugs or maybe having a psychotic break. She told police she then began telling him she loved him."

The hell with Johnny. This girl needs psychiatric help - STAT.

i figured she starting telling him that to try to get him to not hurt her

That girl is as nutty as he is. She must not have seemed very credible to the police, given that they didn't arrest him. Not defending him, just saying they are both nuts.

Edited by WotAGuy

Article stated she went to his hotel room after bar hopping with her girlfriends, and surprise! yet another argument broke out. That girl's parents need to get her some help as well.

Edited by WotAGuy

Article stated she went to his hotel room after bar hopping with her girlfriends, and surprise! yet another argument broke out. That girl's parents need to get her some help as well.

Without trying to sound like I'm saying she deserved it, she put herself in a really bad situation. I'll never understand how someone can keep going back to someone like that.