DB coach Donnie Henderson won't be returning to Bills

YoloinOhio

Take this with a huge chunk of salt, just passing along.

https://twitter.com/RyanLasal/status/686925615212146688

Ed Reed was looking for coaching position last year with Miami (the "college" not the team)

Donnie Henderson out. Bozo the clowns brother in. WTF. You can't make this stuff up.

Sure you can, you just did.

"A" ST coach?? not THE ST coach???

Hamlin was a member of the coaching staff this past year in a Special Teams Quality Control capacity.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As other posters here have alluded to Donnie Henderson is a holdover from Pettine. As db coach he is universally credited with making all DBs he's worked with. - mckelvin Darby Gilmore Robey rambo etc better than they ever were before

Could it be that Dareus and Mario were NOT better than they were before at covering wide receivers and speed backs?

Fans should be more concerned about the current roster and the lack of cap space than changes in positional coaches. The former is going to be the main reason why this team succeeds or fails in 2016.

I don't think this is allowed, is it? I was under the impression that Whaley is great and can do no wrong. Edited by Bill from NYC

It looks like Thurman had better experience as a DB coach then a DC , so he should be ok there.

If Thurman was the one sending in defense plays late , then that should improve .

Hate to lose Henderson, but this is Rex's staff

Edited by ALF

if Henderson wanted to try having real DC responsibilities again - the addition of Rob to the staff threw a quilt of Rex/Rob/Thurman over that. why would a guy looking to do more, who's aready sharing his position coach job with another assistant - want to stay buried in Buffalo?

Henderson did a very good job with this secondary. I hope it was his decision to move on and not Rex's to let him go

All of the "whispers" suggest Henderson is looking for another DC opportunity, and when you see Rex as the HC and Rob joining the staff you start to realize that opportunity probably isn't going to come in Buffalo.

Very good coach -- I certainly credit him with the development of Gilmore and Darby, and for making Leodis into a serviceable DB.

Sure you can, you just did.

Your right. I forgot. The Bills do no wrong. It's the referees who have kept us out of the playoffs for 16 years. Must be nice to live in a world of delusion.

How can anybody who has seen Henderson perform minor miracles with Leodis, Aaron Williams, etc. be OK with this news? It was the only strong part of our D this year. [/quote

It's easy. In their minds the Bills do no wrong and everybody but the Bills are to blame for the sixteen year playoff drought.

Edited by Billsmovinup

Lol.

Check the Bills official home page. They have an article of Doug Whaleys career highlights.

Lol.

Check the Bills official home page. They have an article of Doug Whaleys career highlights.

Here we are losing a very talented coach and gaining yet another lame blow hard. Whaley is not at all to blame, and I mean ZERO. That was the consensus on TSW when the latest Ryan was brought in, and this will be the party line with losing Henderson as well. Wait and see.

If I was Mr. Pegula, it wild cross my mind that the 3 Stooges (PT Brandon, Whaley and Rex) are proven to be inept, and have fleeced the organization of untold millions due to unsatisfactory work, cronyism and now nepotism. I would fire all three of them instantly.

But hey, this is jmo, and the world would be a boring place if everybody agreed with me. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

Lol.

That's hysterical. "12th GM of the Buffalo Bills!"

"First Winning Season (9-7) since 2004!"

Jordan Gay is considered a "Diamond in the Rough"

Henderson did a very good job with this secondary. I hope it was his decision to move on and not Rex's to let him go

How can anybody who has seen Henderson perform minor miracles with Leodis, Aaron Williams, etc. be OK with this news? It was the only strong part of our D this year.

The only difference between pre and post Henderson is that Leodis is an abject liability less frequently.

Aaron Williams was saved by a move away from CB.

Darby was a plus, why coaching gets the credit I don't know. Gilmore has always been solid, why coaching gets the credit I don't know.

Meanwhile: Graham and Duke Williams: YUCK. Meeks: Who? Robey: great rookie season, hasn't played as well since.

Why has everyone been so quick to anoint Henderson as the saving grace of a secondary that's been bad more than it's been good?

The only difference between pre and post Henderson is that Leodis is an abject liability less frequently.

Aaron Williams was saved by a move away from CB.

Darby was a plus, why coaching gets the credit I don't know. Gilmore has always been solid, why coaching gets the credit I don't know.

Meanwhile: Graham and Duke Williams: YUCK. Meeks: Who? Robey: great rookie season, hasn't played as well since.

Why has everyone been so quick to anoint Henderson as the saving grace of a secondary that's been bad more than it's been good?

I don't think I ever saw anyone challenge this Henderson narrative....until he left. Curious.

Here we are losing a very talented coach and gaining yet another lame blow hard. Whaley is not at all to blame, and I mean ZERO. That was the consensus on TSW when the latest Ryan was brought in, and this will be the party line with losing Henderson as well. Wait and see.

If I was Mr. Pegula, it wild cross my mind that the 3 Stooges (PT Brandon, Whaley and Rex) are proven to be inept, and have fleeced the organization of untold millions due to unsatisfactory work, cronyism and now nepotism. I would fire all three of them instantly.

But hey, this is jmo, and the world would be a boring place if everybody agreed with me. :)

The man probably wanted to disassociate himself from this clusterfluck of clowns who screwed up a top defense.

The entire NFL along with very defensive coordinator in the league was watching how Wrex Ryan ruined a top 4-3 defense this past year. When Ryan is ultimately fired Donnie doesn't want to be noted as being among that band of fools who may never work in the NFL again.

FEEL THE RUSH...of D line players dropping into pass coverage.

None of us know how effective the defensive coaching staff will be in 2016.

We're not insiders. We have some vague knowledge of the capability of DCs, OCs and HCs. But very, very few of us can say anything intelligent about position coaches. We know what we read and that's about it. As if what we read on sports websites is actually reliable.

What we see on the field is dependent on so many variables (scheme, athletic ability, personal distractions, the HC's and DC's plan for offseason preparation and game week preparation, the kids' 'coachability' and so on), it's hard to evaluate how well coached these kids are by their position coaches.

Donnie seemed like a good position coach. Ever now and then you'd hear a player praising him. Then again, virtually all position coaches are praised by some player or another.

It will be interesting to hear what the players say about the departing coaches. It will be more interesting to see how they'll perform under new coaches. I won't pretend to know what to expect.