Ugh - David Bowie has died

bbb

I would say, perhaps other than Dylan in the 60's, no other artist in modern rock history (Beatles on) had as strong a slate of releases as Bowie had from 1970 to 1980. It started with "The Man Who Sold the World" through "Scary Monsters". Thirteen albums (remember when artists put out an album or two a year?), not a dud among them. His output during that decade kept up an incredible level of quality, and he never made the same album twice...

I know, things were spotty after that, but his last few releases were really strong...the new one, as cliché as it sounds, is the best thing he has done since 1980, IMO. And I said that to somebody on Saturday...

BTW- the new album, "Blackstar" was released on Friday, January 8th. Bowie's 69th birthday...a day he shared with Elvis!

One of the true greats!

His last video..."Lazarus". Pretty cryptic, in light of all this:

http://youtu.be/y-JqH1M4Y

So I guess this is why everyone "in the know" kept saying hes not doing any tours or shows when "The Next Day" came out. Sad start to the year. RIP Starman

But as far as 1970 through 1980 I present to you Pink Floyd's output for your consideration: Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall.

So I guess this is why everyone "in the know" kept saying hes not doing any tours or shows when "The Next Day" came out. Sad start to the year. RIP Starman

But as far as 1970 through 1980 I present to you Pink Floyd's output for your consideration: Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall.

Way more variety, and experimentation in Bowie's work.