2016 Draft DB thread

Beerball

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I continue to hear very little about the kid as anything above a day-3 pick, and it confuses me beyond words...

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks 15h15 hours ago

BC safety Justin Simmons is going to be a solid NFL starter. Good combo of size, instincts and ball skills.

Please get this kid with one of our 4's...if he's as underrated in draft rooms as he is under-hyped by analysts, he'll be there.

CB Eli Apple fits press coverage scheme
Buffalo's defense relies heavily on press coverage. Ohio State draft prospect Eli Apple looks like he'd be a good fit for a Rex Ryan defense.

Watch: Mark Kelso Looks at Two Top DB Prospects (5:23)
In our next episode of Path to the Draft, former Bills safety Mark Kelso takes a look at Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey and Florida defensive back Vernon Hargreaves.

@LedyardNFLDraft

ICYMI:Today Jeremy Cash will finally do a FULL workout for NFL personnel at Duke http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/05/jeremy-cash-on-the-mend-will-work-out-at-private-pro-day-april-13th/

#NFLDraft

Cf7KLhBUYAI-Scg.jpg

I wonder if anyone from Buffalo was in attendance, I checked to see if I could find any information on it but the best I found was him thanking folks for coming out.

@BuffaLowDown

Cf89yTeXEAAqFZy.jpg

@TheDraftWire

Jeremy Cash posts workout results at private pro day, '95%' healthy

@BuffaLowDown

#BillsMafia CB Eli Apple Will Visit The Buffalo #Bills #EliApple http://buffalowdown.com/2016/04/13/cb-eli-apple-will-visit-the-buffalo-bills/

Cf89yTeXEAAqFZy.jpg

@TheDraftWire

Jeremy Cash posts workout results at private pro day, '95%' healthy

https://t.co/jEQ9gBs9qE

Thanks for that update I was looking all around for the numbers today!! Those numbers should keep him at or around a 3rd IMO.

Taken a look at Keanu Neal (Florida safety) and I like some of what I see. Decent size (6'0", 211lbs, long arms), very impressive explosion scores (38" vertical jump), ran a 4.62 40 time.

Pass coverage - Not a man for every scheme but would fit the Bills well as a strong safety playing Robber coverage. Can pass off assignments from bunch sets well covering the slot. Doesn't look out of place covering RB's & TE's in man. Needs to stay alert 100% of the time, has a few momentary lapses.

Run defense - Can be a shuddering hitter. Needs to wrap up more consistently but he's not reckless. Needs to clean up his eye discipline issues, has poked his head in the wrong hole a number of times (and that is NOT a euphemism, thank you!).

Late 3rd/early 4th grade. Not ready to start yet and may need time to absorb Rex's playbook but Graham/Blanton would give him time to be eased in gently.

Edited by Blokestradamus