Seems most feel Bills will not be a playoff team

Rudyc80

The national media for teh most part seem to understand the move to cut Drew but also now think we arent that good and that pisses me off that the bills would do this to the fans considering we were on the verge of playoffs and now likely to miss again!

Imagine how pissed Takeo and other vets are who felt we were playoff bound this upcoming year and now have to wait 2-3 more years till we probaly sniff the post season again!

Most people i talked to (general football fans) all seem to think we have taken a big step back by releasing drew! I am still on the fence but i think we cna make the playoffs but its unlikely!

The more i think about it the more mad i become since it will be 7-8 years without playoffs which is just not acceptable for this franchise and if that continues then this franchise will be on the move if you know what i mean.

Bad timing by the Bills! they just screwed the fans big time and the vets like Takeo+fletch!

No one outside of Bills fans have seen Drew play every single week, so I wouldn't put to much into what they think about it. I didn't expect anyone to have a high opinion on our playoff chances anyways because we have a field general coming in who hasn't even sniffed the NFL yet.

I have a feeling JP will shut alot of people up this season.

The national media for teh most part seem to understand the move to cut Drew but also now think we arent that good and that pisses me off that the bills would do this to the fans considering we were on the verge of playoffs and now likely to miss again!

Imagine how pissed Takeo and other vets are who felt we were playoff bound this upcoming year and now have to wait 2-3 more years till we probaly sniff the post season again!

Most people i talked to (general football fans) all seem to think we have taken a big step back by releasing drew! I am still on the fence but i think we cna make the playoffs but its unlikely!

The more i think about it the more mad i become since it will be 7-8 years without playoffs which is just not acceptable for this franchise and if that continues then this franchise will be on the move if you know what i mean.

Bad timing by the Bills! they just screwed the fans big time and the vets like Takeo+fletch!

242998[/snapback]

I think its because of the schedule...not the QB switch.

242998[/snapback]

imagine how pissed takeo and the other vets were to see the offense go 3-and-out seven times against pittsburgh backups in the biggest game of the season. imagine how pissed takeo and the other vets were to realize that their "big name" QB couldn't put a game on his shoulders when they needed him to. imagine how pissed takeo and the other vets were that...oh, i could go on but what's the point?

just get off it, chicken little. do you think the bills' players give a rat's ass what the media says? anyone who thinks they know that the bills have taken a step back without seeing what the offense will look like this fall is just as clueless as anyone who thinks they know that JP will be the next coming of brett favre.

bottom line: top tier defense + top tier ST + mediocre offense almost got us into the playoffs. we've made a move to improve upon the offense and "people you talk to" think this is a step back? jesus h. christ on a popsicle stick. :)

The schedule is not more difficult next year. We play the AFC East. We already know what we have with NY, NE, and Miami. Then in the NFC we play the South, like the West this year, they had only one team over .500. So that's a push.

The rest of our schedule next year is Denver, KC, Houston, Oakland, San Diego and Cincinatti who was a combined: 49-47

Whereas this year we had Oakland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Cincinatti who were a combined 50-46.

So our schedule is actually easier in the AFC and the NFC is a push.

Bad excuse and actually should work out to more wins with actually an easier schedule.

we have to play the season to know what the results will be . till then anyone that wants to bash JP is nuts . good thing is we do not know what the future is with JP , with drew we know we did not have a shot at the big one .LETS GO BUFFALO

Well, I have to say that since ICE's removal, *you* have moved in to the "most annoying" poster position. Congratulations and welcome to ignore!

243087[/snapback]

Hey Joe... A guy with a sig like yours shouldn't need the ignore feature? :)

ONLY JOKING!

:)

IMO, we have a team who can make the playoffs, if losman just plays average. if he plays poorly (ie. Eli Manning), we are screwed, just like the giants were.

i do not expect him to play like Rolesburgerheklhrjel (sp?). he will make mistakes. thats the price we pay for a rookie QB.

but if we resign Pat Williams, and if McGee can improve as a starting CB, than i feel we have a VERY GOOD defense. good enouph to make up for many of those mistakes.

If there was ever a step backwards that was a good step back then it was yesterday. Nobody seems to realize that the best the Bills would have ever done with Bledsoe at QB was 9-7 and just short of the playoffs. That was not good enough. Time to move on and move up. All the National media does is jump on the popular opinion. Totally useless in judging how the Bills will be in 2005.

My opinion is that the Bills will be at least two games in better in 2005 and will make the playoffs. Now if I were a member of the National media, would my opinion count more or less?

No one outside of Bills fans have seen Drew play every single week, so I wouldn't put to much into what they think about it. I didn't expect anyone to have a high opinion on our playoff chances anyways because we have a field general coming in who hasn't even sniffed the NFL yet.

I have a feeling JP will shut alot of people up this season.

243035[/snapback]

Nobody but a Pats fan understands. I was bombarded with them yesterday and how they regetted letting him go, but that he was really holding them back...