What is the deal with Dareus?

Harryhood280

through all the disappointment and head-scratching, mind-numbing performances this year, no one stands out more to me than Dareus. he has gone from a generational talent who single handedly disrupts offenses to completely invisible and inconsequential. Why? Is it Rex's D's fault? Is he emotionally broken by the personal tragedy in his life? Did he decide to stop playing hard after getting paid, saving his body some damage? I can't figure it out. What happened to the big man?

Dareus got paid but he was the first one to state publicly that he wasn't happy with what he was being asked to do in this defense all the way back in training camp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus got paid but he was the first one to state publicly that he wasn't happy with what he was being asked to do in this defense all the way back in training camp

Any coach who watched Dareus play the last 2 seasons and tells him to sit there and "eat space" should be fired. That is a capital offense...

It would be like telling Sammy Watkins all you want him to do is run block

How can anyone doubt his fire? The only guys that seem to care are him and Hughes.

there are more than those 2. But dareus is no where near hughes level. Dude is a straight gamer period

Remember how awesome Mario, Kyle and Dareus were under Wannstedt 4-3? Me neither, coaching matters.

Kyle was still good. As a matter of face i thought Kyle was very unblockable. And he has been moved more than anyone on the line. Like the guy earlier saidgood players will make it anywhere

Why do you need gifs and vines? Do you actually pay attention to the individual players on defense? Under Schwartz, Dareus was allowed to penetrate at will and rush the passer. Under Rex, he is asked to occupy blockers and hold the point of attack. Basically a run stuffer...and he has done his job very well.

Obviously, both he and Mario were grossly misused by Rex.

Best 4/3 line In Football and Rex can't use it. That is too much Ego for me. Edited by Lenigmusx

How can anyone doubt his fire? The only guys that seem to care are him and Hughes.

lolzz

Hughes is the only player on that line that is chasing down the play

Thank Rex Ryan for his drop off.

hardly

Dareus has played fairly well, Corbin Bryant is no factor right next to him. I see Dareus go from sideline to sideline for the DT position. This board just wants to be pissed at everyone- again no idea what they are watching or watching for

He absolutely has NOT done that all season. you are picking and choosing. no offense: )

I do think at some point more recently he got sick of losing. And thats a good sign.

but after he came back from suspension he looked out of shape and not all that interested

I watch him and Mario more than the others.

Yeah that was a great one tackle game, and 35 points laid on us

Are you talking about one player being responsible for the whole defensive unit?

Rethink your thought process please..oh wait a minute, you cheer for the Bills.....Nevermind