Shining a light on Shady

BADOLBILZ

As many of you know, I've been a vocal detractor of the LeSean McCoy acquisition.

I made my points this summer and early in the season and all I could do was let the season play out.

Though I wish I was wrong, I was not.

I am wondering if the picture is coming into focus for some of you.

LeSean is nowhere near being a superstar. Not close.

He is a nice back. He is VERY entertaining but he is barely above average in terms of production.

For all his shiftiness......he doesn't make big plays.......he's a singles hitter.........and combine that with his frequent net-zero runs and inability to be physical in short yardage and you understand why a guy with such fancy feet lead the NFL in FEWEST yards per play in 2014.

I know there are many people still in denial.....like I said, he is entertaining......but it is not just a coincidence that less than great backs like Karlos and Gilliislee come in and regularly make big runs while Shady has one big play(48 yarder in home game versus Miami) to show for 200 plus carries.

We all know this is NOT a great OL. But the plays are there.......other backs are making them.

The OTHER backs are also more physical.

If you are going to run for 4.2-4.4 ypc like Shady has 3 of the past 4 seasons......then one would hope that a physical toll is being exacted on the defense.

With Shady there is NONE of that.

McCoy was a bad scheme fit for this offense.

There is no inside game with him in there and we saw the past two weeks that opponents familiar with McCoy knew this and rendered him relatively ineffective.

I am not saying that Karlos or Gillislee are the answers......but IMO, two years of average production from McCoy prove to me that he is NOT.

And now, the Bills are on the hook for $20M+ in guaranteed money for him going forward.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you know, I've been a vocal detractor of the LeSean McCoy acquisition.

I made my points this summer and early in the season and all I could do was let the season play out.

He is a nice back. He is VERY entertaining but he is barely above average in terms of production.

For all his shiftiness......he doesn't make big plays.......he's a singles hitter.........and combine that with his frequent net-zero runs and inability to be physical in short yardage and you understand why a guy with such fancy feet lead the NFL in FEWEST yards per play in 2014.

I know there are many people still in denial.....like I said, he is entertaining......but it is not just a coincidence that less than great backs like Karlos and Gilliislee come in and regularly make big runs while Shady has one big play(48 yarder in home game versus Miami) to show for 200 plus carries.

We all know this is NOT a great OL. But the plays are there.......other backs are making them.

If you are going to run for 4.2-4.4 ypc like Shady has 3 of the past 4 seasons......then one would hope that a physical toll is being exacted on the defense.

There is no inside game with him in there and we saw the past two weeks that opponents familiar with McCoy knew this and rendered him relatively ineffective.

I am not saying that Karlos or Gillislee are the answers......but IMO, two years of average production from McCoy prove to me that he is NOT.

And now, the Bills are on the hook for $20M+ in guaranteed money for him going forward.

Bado.....really wished you would not have done this after a injury when you kept your mouth shut while he was playing welll

Makes you look bad

Why can't Karlos be the answer? I'd like to see a lot more of him.

So those games where Shady was out and the run game didn't exist?

I mean Karlos Williams 18 rushes for 40 yards sure was good against the Giants. Or was it Boom Herron and company against the Titans that really drove home your point.

Good post. Give yourself another pat on the back.

Can McCoy play defence or coach?

I touched on those points earlier in the season as well.

You NEED big plays from a scatback.

So fiddling around 15-20 players per game with a slap-hitter who struts like a slugger like Shady is counterproductive.

I will also add that for all the talk about being a multi-purpose back, he lacks the ball skills to make plays on wheel routes and deeper throws that real dual-purpose backs do.

2016 will be his last season in Buffalo and guaranteeing 2/3 of his 5 year contract......knowing full well that he was an average producer at a cheap and easy to fill position.....was a lousy decision.

I touched on those points earlier in the season as well.

You NEED big plays from a scatback.

So fiddling around 15-20 players per game with a slap-hitter who struts like a slugger like Shady is counterproductive.

I will also add that for all the talk about being a multi-purpose back, he lacks the ball skills to make plays on wheel routes and deeper throws that real dual-purpose backs do.

2016 will be his last season in Buffalo and guaranteeing 2/3 of his 5 year contract......knowing full well that he was an average producer at a cheap and easy to fill position.....was a lousy decision.

Yeah. Shady doesn't make big plays. :lol:

Bado.....really wished you would not have done this after a injury when you kept your mouth shut while he was playing welll

Makes you look bad

We were discussing this all thru the game in the game threads.

I don't know a thing about his injury. He could be back next week for all I know.

What I do know is that he's still going to be a flashy singles hitter in an offense where HR's are to be had.

I think your reaching, Badol. He's an outstanding back in running, catching & blocking.

If you're going to target a specific Bill for the dismal results this year, I think you'd be closer to truth choosing a Coach.

I think you're being polite calling it reaching. :beer: Edited by Deranged Rhino

We were discussing this all thru the game in the game threads.

I don't know a thing about his injury. He could be back next week for all I know.

What I do know is that he's still going to be a flashy singles hitter in an offense where HR's are to be had.

THis has not even been talked about in the weeks after he came back from the Hammy Bado

You know what im saying man