New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

And the "ban gatorman" movement picks up steam among the peasantry

I'm stating an obvious fact. If you think that is a "ban gator" attempt then you are basically admitting your worthlessness here. Other than being an object of ridicule, what do you bring to this board?

No I'm serious. Read a book.

I'm reading one on Peter the Great now. I've probably read over three thousand history books in my life. You?

I'm also going to make a pizza this weekend B-)

The cauldron of slavery, South Carolina, led the charge for secession. You're wrong and an asshat. Imagine that.

Yes, the majority of people there were slaves

The majority of people in the South were against secession

I'm stating an obvious fact. If you think that is a "ban gator" attempt then you are basically admitting your worthlessness here. Other than being an object of ridicule, what do you bring to this board?

I sure reply to a lot of people asking me questions. You?

I'm reading one on Peter the Great now. I've probably read over three thousand history books in my life. You?

I'm proud of you. I suggest you read the one about Lee again.

gator and birdog. Displaying on a daily basis that being well read does not equate to being smart.

You're incorrect and making yourself look even more foolish than usual, which is a feat. The 1860 census showed it was nearly 2-1 non slave to slave. Even if those numbers were skewed (and they more than likely were), there was NOT a majority slave population in South Carolina in 1860.

Imagine that, someone who's so willfully ignorant of history is wrong, again, about history. Wonders never cease.

or8xq.jpg

http://www.sciway.net/afam/slavery/population.html

Slaves out numbered non-slaves.

Ok, yes I know yours and Tom's answers already:

1) I'm reading it wrong

2) I don't understand numbers

3) Change subject to something like Wells Fargo

4) When all that fails, "Ban Gatorman)!

I'm this for misreading the census data on the fly:

osn83.jpg

South Carolina voted unanimously to secede from the Union. South Carolina DID have a majority of slaves as did Mississippi, the south did not.

1) I'm reading it wrong

No, the site's wrong. That's the proportions of whites and blacks. It is NOT the proportion of slaves and free men.

Here's the data, if you want to learn something: http://www2.census.gov/prod2/decennial/documents/1860a-02.pdf

I'm this for misreading the census data on the fly:

osn83.jpg

South Carolina voted unanimously to secede from the Union. South Carolina DID have a majority of slaves as did Mississippi, the south did not.

His assumption also being that slaves were against secession. Not necessarily true.

His assumption also being that all blacks were slaves. Which was definitely not true. In fact, somewhere around 20% of blacks in South Carolina were free (extrapolating from the Charleston, SC census data - which is admittedly a bad extrapolation, but the best I have)...so gatortard's simplistic "whites vs. blacks" ratio of 291k to 412k would represent a "free vs. slave" ratio closer to 374k vs. 330k.

And some 40% of free blacks were slaveholders themselves. Anyone want to guess how they'd lean in a secession vote?

His assumption also being that slaves were against secession. Not necessarily true.

His assumption also being that all blacks were slaves. Which was definitely not true. In fact, somewhere around 20% of blacks in South Carolina were free (extrapolating from the Charleston, SC census data - which is admittedly a bad extrapolation, but the best I have)...so gatortard's simplistic "whites vs. blacks" ratio of 291k to 412k would represent a "free vs. slave" ratio closer to 374k vs. 330k.

And some 40% of free blacks were slaveholders themselves. Anyone want to guess how they'd lean in a secession vote?

Agreed, however I had to own up to my first reaction. I misread the census data on my phone while driving into work. Unlike Gator, I'm willing to admit when I fukk up. :beer:

Agreed, however I had to own up to my first reaction. I misread the census data on my phone while driving into work. Unlike Gator, I'm willing to admit when I fukk up. :beer:

Gator doesn't !@#$ up. He's just an idiot. You have to comprehend the concept of the existence of other points of view to !@#$ up.

I'm also going to make a pizza this weekend B-)

I sure reply to a lot of people asking me questions. You?

I generally ignore your gibberish. The questions you are being asked tend to be designed to highlight your ignorance.

1) I'm reading it wrong

Oops! I forgot one

1a) The link is incorrect!

:lol:

No, the link is right

Wow, what must it be like to live in Tom world :rolleyes:

Even if your nonsense was correct, if the whites against secession were combined with the slave population the majority of people in the south were against secession