New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

Oh, the Nazi thing upsets you. Wow

The evidence legitimizes my point of view. You don't even have to know history--which obviously Tom and Greggy obviously do not--to understand you don't get people to work for free with brutality. Throw in laws which encourage brutality, put in charge people determined to squeeze every last once of profit from these people and you get institutionalized brutality.

Why would people even argue that slavery wasn't incredibly brutal? I cannot imagine...

You should take a closer look at the definition of "upsets" and compare it to the meaning of the phrase "inspires hysterical laughter", Mr Godwin.

Oh, the Nazi thing upsets you. Wow

The evidence legitimizes my point of view. You don't even have to know history--which obviously Tom and Greggy obviously do not--to understand you don't get people to work for free with brutality. Throw in laws which encourage brutality, put in charge people determined to squeeze every last once of profit from these people and you get institutionalized brutality.

Why would people even argue that slavery wasn't incredibly brutal? I cannot imagine...

Jesus Christ. You don't even know Godwin's Law. :wallbash:

Your ignorance is truly astounding. Not every slave was in the plantation system. Most weren't, in fact.

I should never follow advice from an idiot like you. You are a bottom feeder

You use the word 'idiot' like it's a bad thing. When compared with a jellyhead like you, it's a veritable endorsement of superior intellect.

What the !@#$ do you think "outliers" means? :wacko:

I've read the classics.

it's very well described here: http://www.amazon.com/Outliers-Story-Success-Malcolm-Gladwell/dp/0316017930. I've linked it before but it's described as"an intellectual journey" so it's not likely to your taste.

that's necessary but not sufficient as a credential.

Jesus Christ. You don't even know Godwin's Law. :wallbash:

Your ignorance is truly astounding. Not every slave was in the plantation system. Most weren't, in fact.

And that has what to do with what? What is your point?

You use the word 'idiot' like it's a bad thing. When compared with a jellyhead like you, it's a veritable endorsement of superior intellect.

Ya, you are a super intellect, place the crown upon your head and dance around the room

No one is arguing that, but the voices in your own head.

it's very well described here: http://www.amazon.com/Outliers-Story-Success-Malcolm-Gladwell/dp/0316017930. I've linked it before but it's described as"an intellectual journey" so it's not likely to your taste.

that's necessary but not sufficient as a credential.

Back to the question you continue to ignore, come on. I've answered question you've asked about your inaccurate representations of my position, it's your turn to answer a very simple question:

Using your own logic from this thread, is it not fair to say your support of Apple and its use of slave labor very likely makes you ethically inferior to those who do not support slavery?

No one is arguing that, but the voices in your own head.

Back to the question you continue to ignore, come on. I've answered question you've asked about your inaccurate representations of my position, it's your turn to answer a very simple question:

Using your own logic from this thread, is it not fair to say your support of Apple and its use of slave labor very likely makes you ethically inferior to those who do not support slavery?

start a new thread debating the morality of buying apple products and the alleged link to slavery. i'd be pleased to thrash you there.

as it is, this thread is about confederate monuments in NO and their links to slavery. apple is not salient to that discussion. i refuse to be complicit in your attempt to obfuscate the debate with tangential issues. it's a tactic much too often employed by the cons here regardless of the personal attacks on gator for pointing that out.

start a new thread debating the morality of buying apple products and the alleged link to slavery. i'd be pleased to thrash you there.

as it is, this thread is about confederate monuments in NO and their links to slavery. apple is not salient to that discussion. i refuse to be complicit in your attempt to obfuscate the debate with tangential issues. it's a tactic much too often employed by the cons here regardless of the personal attacks on gator for pointing that out.

The use of 93 big words per sentence does not mask the fact that you support slavery currently being employed by commies while decrying slavery that ended over 100 years ago in what was intended to be a capitalist country.

There are statues of Mao in far more places than there are Robert E. Lee. Heck, one of our own presidential candidates even dresses up like him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treatment_of_slaves_in_the_United_States

Nice work here.

My point is, once again, that you don't know **** from shinola. If you knew anything on the subject, you'd know why it's relevant.

Obfuscation. Making this about me? Obviously I know a lot more on this subject than you. This makes it harder for you to get away with your childish obfuscating.

Just tell me what your point is. Once again, so what if most slaves were not on plantations? What's your point you imbecile?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treatment_of_slaves_in_the_United_States

Nice work here.

Obfuscation. Making this about me? Obviously I know a lot more on this subject than you. This makes it harder for you to get away with your childish obfuscating.

Just tell me what your point is. Once again, so what if most slaves were not on plantations? What's your point you imbecile?

My point is that you don't know what you're talking about.

My point is that you don't know what you're talking about.

and what is the basis for your contention that you do? you rarely link sources. you haven't divulged your formal education or publications on the subject. are we to simply trust you? :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: . not bloody likely...

will wiki is flawed, it is peer reviewed and constantly revised based on that review (unlike statements made on ppp. here's the first line of gato'rs linked article:

"The treatment of slaves in the United States varied by time and place, but was generally brutal and degrading. Whipping and sexual abuse, including rape, were common."
given your self reported vast knowledge on the subject, an credible reference to refute this should easily come to hand. link it.
Edited by birdog1960

and what is the basis for your contention that you do? you rarely link sources. you haven't divulged your formal education or publications on the subject. are we to simply trust you? :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: . not bloody likely...

will wiki is flawed, it is peer reviewed and constantly revised based on that review (unlike statements made on ppp. here's the first line of gato'rs linked article:

"The treatment of slaves in the United States varied by time and place, but was generally brutal and degrading. Whipping and sexual abuse, including rape, were common."
given your self reported vast knowledge on the subject, an credible reference to refute this should easily come to hand. link it.

I don't post sources because I read books and primary sources.

And you must be joking, pretending that I can't argue with twits like you unless I have an advanced degree in the subject. :lol: You want my credentials? I read books and primary sources.

I do know, that being a slave was no gay time B-)

No one ever said it was, !@#$tard.

I don't post sources because I read books and primary sources.

And you must be joking, pretending that I can't argue with twits like you unless I have an advanced degree in the subject. :lol: You want my credentials? I read books and primary sources.

No one ever said it was, !@#$tard.

yup. an appeal to authority without any proof of authority. that's what I thought.

so reference the books and primary sources that you are so familiar with that refute the initial sentence in the wiki article, will ya cliff?

historical books almost always have footnotes and bibliographies. you might start there. by primary sources you likely mean established experts. they generally publish. and guess what? their publications virtually always contain bibliographies. so have at it...

Edited by birdog1960