New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

Maybe the slaves who make birdog's iPhone will get a little extra rice for the holidays. It'll keep them from jumping out of the factory Windows for a couple more weeks.

What a bunch of crap minus this amazing nugget below

This is a little playpen that belongs to a handful of under-endowed little "men" who have nothing better to do than rip others to shreds, hoping when they get up the next day it'll be bigger. The disappointment must be heartbreaking. Good luck with that.

Penis smack !

Maybe the slaves who make birdog's iPhone will get a little extra rice for the holidays. It'll keep them from jumping out of the factory Windows for a couple more weeks.

Penis smack !

She still hasn't responded to my response about Israeli settlements. Because she has none. I'm tempted to add a vulgar response to her rooster smack but I'll take the high road lol

Penis smack !

Slaves make iPhones?

So being taken advantage of by large corporations is good just as long as it doesn't happen here? Did I get that right?

Being exploited by large private corporations is bad.

But those corporations are a wing of the Chinese government. So its not exploration or slavery, because government grants rights.

And thEy are damn happy to have the jobs, too. Lifting them out of poverty

You ought to rethink your simplistic position on the matter and do some research. These "employees" are not being lifted out of poverty. They are being exploited, abused, and according to the UN definition, are in fact slaves.

Here's one talking about how hard Apple is trying to stomp out these practices. And by trying hard I of course mean turning a blind eye to it until they're called out for their exploitation.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8024895/apple-slave-labor-working-conditions-2015

You ought to rethink your simplistic position on the matter and do some research. These "employees" are not being lifted out of poverty. They are being exploited, abused, and according to the UN definition, are in fact slaves.

Here's one talking about how hard Apple is trying to stomp out these practices. And by trying hard I of course mean turning a blind eye to it until they're called out for their exploitation.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8024895/apple-slave-labor-working-conditions-2015

According to that article it doesn't look like they are turning a blind eye to the exploitation, but are in fact making real efforts to correct the problems.

According to that article it doesn't look like they are turning a blind eye to the exploitation, but are in fact making real efforts to correct the problems.

They've been much better under Cook, but they (along with Nestle) are still two of the largest corporations employing slave labor today. The only reason they began making an effort was because they got called out. Props to them.

So being taken advantage of by large corporations is good just as long as it doesn't happen here? Did I get that right?

It that what I said? No. Try again

But I thought welfare and social programs lift people out of poverty, not working hard.

I've always said the best social program is a job.

Here's one talking about how hard Apple is trying to stomp out these practices. And by trying hard I of course mean turning a blind eye to it until they're called out for their exploitation. http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8024895/apple-slave-labor-working-conditions-2015

No, auctually millions have been lifted out of poverty and that definition, while yes slavery, is a matter of enforcing laws against slavery. And Apple is not starting a civil war to spread slavery it's actually trying to help eliminate it.

Aren't these companies sub-contractors who bid the jobs, making it difficult to police their practices? I'm not in any way condoning the de facto slave labor but if Apple is really trying to eliminate it, good for them.

Thumbs up! Good post

I've always said the best social program is a job.

Do you ever read what you write? Just about every post you make has a grammatical or spelling error. Have you no pride? I know you are going to come back and call me stupid or a moron, and that's ok. Just for once though, use proper grammar and check to see that it is a complete thought with all the words spelled correctly.

Do you ever read what you write? Just about every post you make has a grammatical or spelling error. Have you no pride? I know you are going to come back and call me stupid or a moron, and that's ok. Just for once though, use proper grammar and check to see that it is a complete thought with all the words spelled correctly.

F it, I don't care about grammar or mistakes

Aren't these companies sub-contractors who bid the jobs, making it difficult to police their practices? I'm not in any way condoning the de facto slave labor but if Apple is really trying to eliminate it, good for them.

Subcontracting to Foxconn lets Apple have their cake & eat it too.

They take advantage of the low cost of quasi-slave labor with the deniability of doing it thru a third party. With an added bonus of the PR campaign to improve conditions

No that's not what you said but they have jobs through corporate exploitation correct?

I've always said the best social program is a job

Created by the government.

It's interesting. Calvert Funds is one of the top mutual funds in the socially responsible investment space. They screen out lots of companies for improper governance and that typically includes their supply chain. However Apple is the largest holding in their Large Cap Core Fund.

http://www.greenmoneyjournal.com/may-2015/apple/

Edited by Chef Jim