New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

Trump Maneuvers To Protect Robert E. Lee's Name In Secretly Recorded Phone Call

Trump was recorded talking to Sen. James Inhofe about keeping Lee’s name at military sites, and The New York Times got the tape.

“All right, my friend,” said Trump. “Are you doing good? We’re going to keep the name of Robert E. Lee?”

Inhofe responded on the tape: “Just trust me. I’ll make it happen.”

Trump piped up: “I had about 95,000 positive retweets on that. That’s a lot.”

index.jpg

On 7/21/2020 at 9:44 AM, B-Man said:

Good read.

Confederate Monuments: The Problem With Politically Correct History

by Larry Elder

Original Article

History is complicated. And history requires perspective and understanding, something sadly lacking in those who seek to erase history by imposing today's standards of right and wrong.

It's not complicated, they were traitors, they killed American soldiers and they were fighting FOR slavery. 

You like them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

It's not complicated, they were traitors, they killed American soldiers and they were fighting FOR slavery. 

You like them. 

It's not complicated.................you answered without reading Mr. Elder's article.....................and once again exposed your own bias.

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's not complicated.................you answered without reading Mr. Elder's article.....................and once again exposed your own bias.

I love Larry Elder.  I used to listen to him every day years ago.  I give him most of the credit for me becoming a conservative.  He coined the phrase Victicrats which is so perfect in is simplistic accuracy to describe the left.  

• Like (+1) 1

Officer statue in Eagan vandalized with anti-police graffiti

Star Tribune [Minneapolis, MN], by Paul Walsh

Original Article

Authorities are looking for whoever vandalized an officer statue in Eagan with anti-police graffiti. The vandalism Tuesday night targeted the life-size statue depicting an officer shielding a little girl. It is among several bronze figures similarly vandalized in the Eagan Tribute and Memorial Plaza that also honor firefighters and military service members. Police had planned to have a community conversation “to hear citizens’ concerns surrounding policing,” the department said in a statement, which also included a photo of the officer statue with a profane word written above “BLM” across his chest

Was he a confederate general ?

First page of the thread,   FIRST PAGE !

We all said that if you let the mob get away with pulling down one statue, it won't stop.

We were called racists who loved the South.

Where are those cowardly critics now ?

OMG! D.C. Mayor’s Committee Recommends Removing Jefferson Memorial And Washington Monument.

As Kate has been saying for years at Small Dead Animals: Visit The Washington Monument While You Still Can.

In her latest post she adds, “It wasn’t hyperbole. It was prediction.”

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS NOT BE CRAZY, AND THEY COULDN’T EVEN DO THAT

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

First page of the thread,   FIRST PAGE !

We all said that if you let the mob get away with pulling down one statue, it won't stop.

We were called racists who loved the South.

Where are those cowardly critics now ?

OMG! D.C. Mayor’s Committee Recommends Removing Jefferson Memorial And Washington Monument.

As Kate has been saying for years at Small Dead Animals: Visit The Washington Monument While You Still Can.

In her latest post she adds, “It wasn’t hyperbole. It was prediction.”

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS NOT BE CRAZY, AND THEY COULDN’T EVEN DO THAT

So, on leftie-twitter they are claiming that "remove, relocate, or contextualize" does not mean removing any of the 8 listed. So, why use the word remove? And relocating would be er, removing it.  Contextualize? They are gonna rewrite history, again?

Page 22

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...