Howard Stern re-ups for 5 more years!!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finally have Sirius. I've had XM for years, but gave up trying to deal with customer service a long time ago. I've talked with other people who agree they are the worst ever. But, they've streamlined the things you can do online, so that I finally got what I wanted.

How does the Stern channel work? I'm so used to podcasts now, and wonder if it works somewhat like that. I know the live show would obviously be on (does he just go to whenever he feels like it like he used to on terrestrial?)

But, do they also play the show back throughout the day?

I finally have Sirius. I've had XM for years, but gave up trying to deal with customer service a long time ago. I've talked with other people who agree they are the worst ever. But, they've streamlined the things you can do online, so that I finally got what I wanted.

How does the Stern channel work? I'm so used to podcasts now, and wonder if it works somewhat like that. I know the live show would obviously be on (does he just go to whenever he feels like it like he used to on terrestrial?)

He's on from 6 am to roughly 10 am EST then they do a Wrap-Up show co-hosted by Baba Booey. Channel 101 is a west coast feed. The show loops throughout the day on channel 100. On the weekends (Thursday - Sunday) they play highlights from the week and classic bits. Edited by ChevyVanMiller

You do realize XM and Sirius are the same company now?

Yup, but they are still treated as separate companies. You still need a separate XM online account and you have to call a different number to talk to their customer service for XM radios. You can't bundle XM and Sirius into one account which is so dumb.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I thought it was interesting how SLJ talked about how he overcame severe stuttering as a child. He even didn't talk for over a year because the other children picked on him so badly. What was funny about the discussion was how SLJ revealed that when he says the word mother$&@%er, it helps to "switch off" the stammering. He seems like a real down to earth dude. Great interview.

that really was one of the best interviews...couple that with this week and one of the worst....stupid kloe k. i am sure it was as bad as i think in my head, but the subject matter just has ZERO interest to me. I listened but i was not impressed. Hey, they can't all be homeruns.

I thought it was interesting how SLJ talked about how he overcame severe stuttering as a child. He even didn't talk for over a year because the other children picked on him so badly. What was funny about the discussion was how SLJ revealed that when he says the word mother$&@%er, it helps to "switch off" the stammering. He seems like a real down to earth dude. Great interview.

You can go to a bay full of pirates and download his daily shows commercial free.

you can go on the sirius xm app if you have it and play shows by demand.

7-1030ish. commercials about every hour. monday-wednesday at least right now. his new contract he will probably be on 1 day a week from 8:30 to 8:43.

He's on from 6 am to roughly 10 am EST then they do a Wrap-Up show co-hosted by Baba Booey. Channel 101 is a west coast feed. The show loops throughout the day on channel 100. On the weekends (Thursday - Sunday) they play highlights from the week and classic bits.

7, 7 am now.

The Wrap Up Show has got much, much better over the year.

I do miss BTLS. A lot. His show got weak as he went to podcast, etc. For two years he and Howard had the ultimate lineup with the sports dude at night.

No, they're not. I have a lifetime sub to Sirius, well 3 of them. It is not a lifetime sub to SiriusXM. If I want to continue with my Sirius lifetime contracts I must have original Sirius equipment. I have 3 stillettos on standby, and a few other radios I have collected over the years to avoid having to lose my lifetime sub.

Some could argue that my buy in to the lifetime subs was worth it - but, when you consider my first contract was $299 and second was $399 and than the one I got for my dad was $499... over ten years about $10/month. My dad paid for his, and excluding him I saved a lot, but I got the radio almost 10 years ago

Yup, but they are still treated as separate companies. You still need a separate XM online account and you have to call a different number to talk to their customer service for XM radios. You can't bundle XM and Sirius into one account which is so dumb.

Sirius has never been known for great customer service. Trying to cancel service on a radio almost had me considering just keeping the service going than deal with their phone support.

No, they're not. I have a lifetime sub to Sirius, well 3 of them. It is not a lifetime sub to SiriusXM. If I want to continue with my Sirius lifetime contracts I must have original Sirius equipment. I have 3 stillettos on standby, and a few other radios I have collected over the years to avoid having to lose my lifetime sub.

Some could argue that my buy in to the lifetime subs was worth it - but, when you consider my first contract was $299 and second was $399 and than the one I got for my dad was $499... over ten years about $10/month. My dad paid for his, and excluding him I saved a lot, but I got the radio almost 10 years ago

It's two different technologies they use, that's why you need to keep a Sirius radio going on your lifetime sub. BTW, I've got a Sportster 4 I'm not using gathering dust if you want to make an offer.

Jack - Sirius subscriber since 2002.

Sirius has never been known for great customer service. Trying to cancel service on a radio almost had me considering just keeping the service going than deal with their phone support.

It's two different technologies they use, that's why you need to keep a Sirius radio going on your lifetime sub. BTW, I've got a Sportster 4 I'm not using gathering dust if you want to make an offer.

Jack - Sirius subscriber since 2002.

yeah, but when i called sirius about transferring my lifetime sub to a new device that is siriusxm supported they said it is not possible because siriusxm is a different company.

maybe they were wrong. i'll call again some time. remind me when it comes time for the tbdahot!!

yeah, but when i called sirius about transferring my lifetime sub to a new device that is siriusxm supported they said it is not possible because siriusxm is a different company.

maybe they were wrong.

They are right and wrong in what they are saying. It's two different technologies, but not two different companies. Wish I could explain it better.

They are right and wrong in what they are saying. It's two different technologies, but not two different companies. Wish I could explain it better.

oh i know what you're saying; i remember reading an article about it somewhere when they merged how things would be the same but different.

the technology that xm uses is not truly even satellite. it is sent from satellite to receivers on the ground which repeat the signal - thus an xm radio does not have to have as clear of a shot at the sky to receive.

the technology that xm uses is not truly even satellite. it is sent from satellite to receivers on the ground which repeat the signal - thus an xm radio does not have to have as clear of a shot at the sky to receive.

That came out in the early days as a work around for XM radios dropping signals around tall buildings. Sirius satellites move, and they have three in orbit, so there's a good chance you have at least one above you. XM has two that are stationary, one east coast, one west. So as you move, you could lose the signal more easily. NYC is one example where XM had to add repeaters to keep subscribers happy. I've only found one area in all my years of driving that I could consistently lose signal with my Sirius unit, it was down a county road in the woods of Massachusetts, for about 5 miles. Once I got out of that area, everything was fine.

Found this article that gives a basic overview of the two sat systems...

http://www.johnweeks.com/steps/siriusvrsxm12step.html

That's why it took me years to get Sirius added and get my online account back. They drove me nuts, and I never had the time to try to crack them again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...