Next year, your wallet, and you.

Dorkington

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to do anything different next year in terms of Bills/NFL spending?

• Yes. I'm tired of wasting my money every year on this. Time for me to spend less on the Bills/NFL.
    • Maybe? I'm down right now, but with the right moves, I'll be back and as optimistic as ever!
    • No. BILLS 4 LYFE YO, TAKE MY MONEY

Not just the Bills. I'm done giving the NFL money. Football's become more about the officiating than the play, and it's made the game unwatchable.

This is kind of where I am. Whenever I suggest I'm losing interest because of the boxingesque officiating, some skeptic insistss that I'll keep watching anyway. But over the last few weeks I've barely watched football. Not out of protest, I just don't find it as entertaining as I once did.

I'd say on average every 4th game I watch either turns on, or is heavily influenced by the officiating - particularly wrt the discretionary calls.

Not just the Bills. I'm done giving the NFL money. Football's become more about the officiating than the play, and it's made the game unwatchable.

I am at this stage too. This was the first year direct tv made me pay for Sunday Ticket in about 7-8 years & I totally regret it. I have not watch much NFL besides Bills games this year because for the most part the games are unwatchable. If DTV does not give me the ticket for free next year I will be cancelling it. I get season tickets but I sold 5 of the 8 games this year. My son who is 12 loves going to the games but honestly if it wasn't for him I would cancel my season tickets too.

I know some casuals that purchased season tickets for the first time this year. I talked to them after the game if they are going to renew and the response is "probably not".

Pegula is going to feel wrath of casual season ticket holders. Probably will be down 20,000 from 2015.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I'm a season ticket holder and will probably continue to next year as well, even though I honestly enjoy the home experience more at this point. I've sold off half of this season's games and drive 4 hours each way to go to games. That said... there's something about this addiction that keeps me coming back and keeps me regretting my emotional attachment on a weekly basis. Call it hope, eternal optimism or whatever... but I've come to far to give up now.

Edited by DasNootz

Personally, I think I'm tired of giving the Bills/NFL hundreds of dollars a year for these sorts of results. I'm gonna do my best to vote with my wallet, and not spend on this next year. I'm sure that means it'll be the year they make the playoffs, but such is life :lol:

I am in the same boat. As usual, I will drink the kool-aide again, and sit here next December wondering why I do it every year.

I know some casuals that purchased season tickets for the first time this year. I talked to them after the game if they are going to renew and the response is "probably not".

Pegula is going to feel wrath of casual season ticket holders. Probably will be down in the 20,000 range.

So because you personally know a few casuals that say they don't intend to renew, season tickets will likely be down by 33% or so? Sounds a tad extreme. The numbers will likely be down from this ( record setting) year. Though some fans will not renew, others that were left out will step in when given the opportunity. I doubt the decline will be as precipitous as you predict. The Bills aren't 1-12.

Wife and I decided (after we had tickets to yesterday's game) that the NFL gets no more of our money.

But it had nothing to do with the Bills and everything to do with the league's dire absence of backbone re: Greg Hardy and scumbags in general.

Yesterday...after the Bills were eliminated...

So because you personally know a few casuals that say they don't intend to renew, season tickets will likely be down by 33% or so? Sounds a tad extreme. The numbers will likely be down from this ( record setting) year. Though some fans will not renew, others that were left out will step in when given the opportunity. I doubt the decline will be as precipitous as you predict. The Bills aren't 1-12.

The Can dollar will compound the fact and hurt season ticket sales next year as well.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

This is kind of where I am. Whenever I suggest I'm losing interest because of the boxingesque officiating, some skeptic insistss that I'll keep watching anyway. But over the last few weeks I've barely watched football. Not out of protest, I just don't find it as entertaining as I once did.

I'd say on average every 4th game I watch either turns on, or is heavily influenced by the officiating - particularly wrt the discretionary calls.

It's not even the officials' influence on the game, as much as it is the constant huddling and deliberation over "what actually happened" makes the game increasingly unwatchable. It's become Law & Order, interrupted by the occasional physical activity.

Yesterday, instead of watching football, I watched the How It's Made marathon on the Science Channel. I saw more action there.

I don't live in the Buffalo area anymore and most of my family and extended family doesn't either. The one home game a year I go to is the one thing that helps bring everyone back. But more than that, I'll still get the Directv package and waist my time reading everyone's post on this blog, probably because I've invested too much at this point to let it go.

Plus, we all know that the irrational optimism starts to flow again starting around March of each year...

Edited by Bills Fan in Beantown

No change here. I will continue to find a stream on the Internet and watch the games... excepting a few times every season where I will watch in a bar, and whenever they are on local or national TV. God bless modern technology.