Carucci: Bills won't discuss Whaley's future during season

YoloinOhio

Have to agree.

None of this adds up.

Incendiary writing.

Why do this now Vic?

whats the point of creating inflammation amongst the Fan base right now ? smells like agenda.

Interestingly, Cassel and and Manuel are virtually the same player this season: Cassel's rating is 78.6, and Manuel's is 78.5.

yes , virtually.

ha ! Good fun Dave.

i'm going the other way on cassel.

that trade is the #1 reason we will miss the playoffs.

i'm no fan of cassel, but he would not have gift wrapped 21 points to Jax.

enjoy your 5th round pick and $1mil in cap savings....thanks whaley.

how much would you pay to have that win now ?....$10 mil ??

Who would have expected another Texans type meltdown from EJ? I mean that was a Haz-Mat situation for a couple quarters nearly . The team recovered. but not enough.

Cassell is a caricature of a QB at this point.

On Whaley ? Hmmm..

Cassel would've given them the chance to beat the Jaguars 12-9. Yay. Let's move on.

agreed. on both points

PFT all but saying Whaley to be canned, based on Carucci's tweet. :doh: That's how news is made, folks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/09/bills-g-m-doug-whaleys-future-with-team-in-limbo/

yep this is how bad what our dear friend, local columnist has done to support the Bills.

Objective is one thing.

this in not that thing.

absolutely no need to expound and conjecture a simple statement.

The answer was " we dont discuss the contracts during the season"

and now Vic has him fired and Rex taking over the world even though thats a terrible idea.

I would not blame Whaley for trading Cassel , leaving EJ to lose the Jags game. I still blame his headset not working .

Fred has 17 carries for 74 yards so far.

I do not want Rex to have Chip powers to wheel and deal.

Sticks in my craw Alf.

dead batteries and headsets. and everyone one in the review booth focused on Noshes instead of Hogans amazing catch ruled out of bounds. ineligible receiver in an illegal formation pushing off while taunting a player helmet to helmet.

Fire the bastard.

Where is Polian and his idoit son when we need them!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just dumb.

Vic doesn't name his source but I'm guessing it was not Terry or Kim.

In other words, he asked someone who has no idea if DW will be retained or not.

I'm pretty sure that if the Pegulas decided to let DW go, they wouldn't be sharing that information with DW's peers and subordinates at OBD. They may be NFL neophytes but they are not stupid business people.

The person who did answer Vic gave the typical non-answer that the Bills will evaluate everyone after the season ends. It was probably a standard response - nothing more or less.

But Vic implied it might have been a hint. And now PFF has DW practically fired.

PFT all but saying Whaley to be canned, based on Carucci's tweet. :doh: That's how news is made, folks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/09/bills-g-m-doug-whaleys-future-with-team-in-limbo/

This is just dumb.

In other words, he asked someone who has no idea if DW will be retained or not.

I'm pretty sure that if the Pegulas decided to let DW go, they wouldn't be sharing that information with DW's peers and subordinates at OBD. They may be NFL neophytes but they are not stupid business people.

The person who did answer Vic gave the typical non-answer that the Bills will evaluate everyone after the season ends. It was probably a standard response - nothing more or less.

But Vic implied it might have been a hint. And now PFF has DW practically fired.

Huh? The title is that his future is in limbo. Which it is.

Huh? The title is that his future is in limbo. Which it is.

All our futures are in limbo.

Is Whaley's job less secure than any GM's job? There's no indications to that effect.

Vic's failure to gather any meaningful information shouldn't be read as a lack of confidence in Whaley's future with the Bills.

It's irresponsible journalism to claim Whaley's future is "in limbo" just because someone who doesn't actually know anything didn't tell you anything.

Edited by hondo in seattle

All our futures are in limbo.

Is Whaley's job less secure than any GM job? There's no indications to that effect.

Vic's failure to gather any meaningful information shouldn't be read as a lack of confidence in Whaley's future with the Bills.

How about the fact he is not under contract past these season, while other GM's are? And that no word of an extension, not one, has come out? And that he has a new owner, who already gave the FO of a different sports team one shot, then canned all of them?

Right. Whaley and Ryan Pace are equally secure. Give me a break.

Edited by FireChan

How about the fact he is not under contract past these season, while other GM's are? And that no word of an extension, not one, has come out? And that he has a new owner, who already gave the FO of a different sports team one shot, then canned all of them?

Right. Whaley and Ryan Pace are equally secure. Give me a break.

Pegs could've given Whaley an extension after last year. Didn't happen.

Pegs could've made the new HC report to Whaley. Didn't happen.

Pegs could've looked to hire a czar, namely Polian, who would have the HC and Whaley reporting to. Well, that did happen.

Now, we'll see if Whaley has done enough over the past year to warrant an extension, a raise, or even a promotion. At least 4 more weeks to go. Me, I really don't care either way, but DW will get big points with me the day he cuts EJ.

This is just dumb.

Vic's time has past. He basically knows nothing nowadays. Remember, he was all out predicting Cassel was going to win the starting job. Looking back at that, what the hell was he really thinking? This couldn't have been more far from the truth. DW then later goes on to outright trade away Cassel, which probably leaves Vic even more sore.

Our current record falls firmly in Peg's lap. I don't think DW had much of a say in the hiring of Rex, which was a mistake. Rex's defense has been and continues to be a downright embarrassment. It's horrendous. Rex should be matching into Peg's office weekly to account for ever point the defense surrenders.

Edited by Saint Doug

It's called the reporter circle jerk.

Step 1. Ask a local reporter something

Step 2. Report that a Source "close to the team" (because hey, a beat writer is "close to the team") says something, but make something sound much more dire

Step 3. Go home, pleasure a goat, complain about internet

Edited by jeremy2020

Want to put some cash on that?

I said might

Oh please! Not this Cassel nonsense again. He'll lose his job for getting an upgraded draft choice for the putrid Matt Cassel? You gotta be :censored: kidding me!

No not because of Cassel, because 1: He has tried to force him on both Marrone and Ryan. 2. He has made very limited efforts to find a real prospect to challenge him and he still ends up getting beaten out by the likes of Orton and Taylor.