The chemistry on deep balls to Sammy... A huge development

YoloinOhio

We scored 30 as a team (should of been 34). Sammy had over 100 yards and a td- be happy my friend we had great balance against an awesome defense.

Yes a win but too close (Defense again mediocre at home against a below average qb).

But the Bills don't use Watkins properly. It s obvious to everyone but the OC. He lines up the same place, every catch is outside and they don't throw to him over the middle, a quick hitch, wr screen, slant......

You watch every great receiver in the NFL and they are lined up in different places, run different patterns where the ball is thrown to them and come an important 3rd down they are the target.

Yes the first TD was a 3 yarder to Watkins, but that is exactly what your star is. How many third downs was he thrown too????? Once.....

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Bills PR ‏@BuffaloBillsPR 2m2 minutes ago

Since the #Bills bye week, @sammywatkins is averaging 21.2 yards per catch--the second highest average in the @NFL.

and there ya go.

As our QB and ball catchers get better acquainted week after week they will look better. The playbook opens up a bit more. The O line starts to look competent and cohesive. and the running game gets rolling downhill. Bills are not there yet , but inching closer.

Very proud of the work done Sunday.

Yes a win but too close (Defense again mediocre at home against a below average qb).

But the Bills don't use Watkins properly. It s obvious to everyone but the OC. He lines up the same place, every catch is outside and they don't throw to him over the middle, a quick hitch, wr screen, slant......

You watch every great receiver in the NFL and they are lined up in different places, run different patterns where the ball is thrown to them and come an important 3rd down they are the target.

Yes the first TD was a 3 yarder to Watkins, but that is exactly what your star is. How many third downs was he thrown too????? Once.....

You have a valid point. But there are some counter points to just getting the ball to Sammy.

Bills have plenty of playmakers. If you spread the ball around succesfully Bills cant key on anyone.

And DCs lose sleep. and that's a good thing : )

Call the play that best suits the down and distance. and you know Roman wants to dominate in the run game. which Bills have been doing nicely with Lesean.

He really is the best playmaker on the team.

Dont worry Sammy will be with the Bills a couple more years and I am sure he will thrill us again. Like, in the playoffs !!

21.78 mph with the ball in his hands

@AlexGelhar: Here are the top 10 fastest ball carriers in the NFL from Week 13. Watkins, J. Brown, OBJ lead the way. https://t.co/wlb8B0O9g6

So the fastest receiver in the NFL is 207th in yac...... Think about it...... Roman has no idea what to do with him. Usually it is Sammy raising his arm that he's open.

So the fastest receiver in the NFL is 207th in yac...... Think about it...... Roman has no idea what to do with him. Usually it is Sammy raising his arm that he's open.

He's sixth in the league in yards per catch at 18.7 which is very, very good. You realize that includes all of the 207 guys ahead of him in yac, too, right? Granted, I and everyone else thinks he should be used more and thrown more short passes and screens.

He's sixth in the league in yards per catch at 18.7 which is very, very good. You realize that includes all of the 207 guys ahead of him in yac, too, right? Granted, I and everyone else thinks he should be used more and thrown more short passes and screens.

Everyone including myself has been saying this. Any yet Roman does not do it. I have to wonder why? I think Roman knows more about football than i do, and thus he knows you have to get the ball in the hands of your best players. Is injury a concern for Watkins? Could this be why there is a lack of screens or plays that would allow Watkins takes more direct contact hits? It seems Watkins can catch most anything, he does have a few bobbles, but he also has the ability to snatch the ball right out of the air.

My only other thought is has Roman ever had a receiver like Watkins before? A true #1 receiver, who needs 7-12 targets a game because he can flip the field.

Roman has been up and down this year and i want to think a lot of it has to do with learning his players. He does know as do we all that Watkins and TT can connect deep.

Everyone including myself has been saying this. Any yet Roman does not do it. I have to wonder why? I think Roman knows more about football than i do, and thus he knows you have to get the ball in the hands of your best players. Is injury a concern for Watkins? Could this be why there is a lack of screens or plays that would allow Watkins takes more direct contact hits? It seems Watkins can catch most anything, he does have a few bobbles, but he also has the ability to snatch the ball right out of the air.

My only other thought is has Roman ever had a receiver like Watkins before? A true #1 receiver, who needs 7-12 targets a game because he can flip the field.

Roman has been up and down this year and i want to think a lot of it has to do with learning his players. He does know as do we all that Watkins and TT can connect deep.

did you happen to catch Greg Roman's interview on wgr this morning? I found it interesting that they asked him specifically why Watkins was not used in the screen game. He didn't answer the question. He only would say (paraphrasing) "he would be good at anything we asked him to do." The guys thought maybe he was planning to utilize him that way this week and that's why he sidestepped it but I don't know about that. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hello! About time!

@TyDunne

Sammy Watkins said this week #Bills are working on moving him more in the offense, to get him lined up on a nickel, a LB, keep D's guessing.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: Sammy Watkins seeks the Jones/Bryant/Megatron level ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/10/sammy-watkins-seeks-the-jonesbryantmegatron-level/

There are so many coaches who do not get it and are slow to change. Roman is one. It is obvious. Watkins went public and asked for 10 targets and the most he's got was 8 They don't listen (nor seem to care).

He is seldom moved and the patterns all look the same.

Rex said that they would be conservative on offense, since the defense was so dominant and TT throws as few passes as anyone in the NFL. Bills should have been up 14 on KC at half and then in the second half threw like 10 times..... Watkins had 6 catches 163 yards and they forgot about him the second half...... It was pathetic.

The offense has been good, but could be so much better.

Edited by Billsfan1972

On two consecutive 3rd and 5s, Sammy wasn't even looked at. :wallbash:

They seem to like to throw to woods on third downs and are not even close. When they throw to Sammy on third down they are twice as successful. Hello!!!

There are so many coaches who do not get it and are slow to change. Roman is one. It is obvious. Watkins went public and asked for 10 targets and the most he's got was 8 They don't listen (nor seem to care).

He is seldom moved and the patterns all look the same.

Rex said that they would be conservative on offense, since the defense was so dominant and TT throws as few passes as anyone in the NFL. Bills should have been up 14 on KC at half and then in the second half threw like 10 times..... Watkins had 6 catches 163 yards and they forgot about him the second half...... It was pathetic.

The offense has been good, but could be so much better.

Roman thought woods would be mad if he didn't get the ball thrown his way. We are back to trying to make everyone happy again, ugh.

They seem to like to throw to woods on third downs and are not even close. When they throw to Sammy on third down they are twice as successful. Hello!!!

Roman thought woods would be mad if he didn't get the ball thrown his way. We are back to trying to make everyone happy again, ugh.

They're smarter then us..... Watkins is 108th in targets in the NFL. They are lulling the opposition to sleep.....

you have an agenda. I dont mind . But its clear as a church Bell under a sunny sky on Sunday.

all WRS get their hand up to say look at me. I am about to beat my guy.

as previously posted http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Watch-The-Chemistry-Between-Taylor-and-Watkins/adafd471-4e40-477c-a2ef-b58d155edd64

good post 75. I think the whole staff is still shaking hands with the players nearly. Just starting to get comfortable with trust and such things.

I thought they were saving that for the playoffs!

Or the preseason, whichever came first.

actually i think they have saved the big book for when the players were confident in the coaches and vice versa. its starting to show.

you have an agenda. I dont mind . But its clear as a church Bell under a sunny sky on Sunday.

all WRS get their hand up to say look at me. I am about to beat my guy.

as previously posted http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Watch-The-Chemistry-Between-Taylor-and-Watkins/adafd471-4e40-477c-a2ef-b58d155edd64

good post 75. I think the whole staff is still shaking hands with the players nearly. Just starting to get comfortable with trust and such things.

actually i think they have saved the big book for when the players were confident in the coaches and vice versa. its starting to show.

Yup I have an agenda..... Really??? I want to see the Bills maximize their offense Watkins get targets and run in the open field. Boy terrible that I want to cheer him on and see his potential and skill maximized.....

Yup I have an agenda..... Really??? I want to see the Bills maximize their offense Watkins get targets and run in the open field. Boy terrible that I want to cheer him on and see his potential and skill maximized.....

yep you do. How about you cheer him for anything he does?

instead of complaining about how you are not satisfied in how Roman and or Rex make use of his assets?

were you not joyfully surprised when they finally tossed Sammy the ball in coverage. and then did it again? I was too.

It was unexpected. it worked. I am happy now

Edited by 3rdand12