Trump Alone at the Top

Conspiracy among every reporter & editor, or maybe because it was dark? Especially since the campaign itself compared it to Tricky Dick's speech in '68?

You may feel that it was "dark"

But the happenstance that almost every media outlet used the term, as well as the Clinton campaign release, IT'S THE NARRATIVE RESPONSE.

pointing it out is not any great problem

sk072116dAPR20160721084516.jpg

You may feel that it was "dark"

But the happenstance that almost every media outlet used the term, as well as the Clinton campaign release, IT'S THE NARRATIVE RESPONSE.

pointing it out is not any great problem

sk072116dAPR20160721084516.jpg

It's like pointing out to a blow out when a team gets plastered 51-3. Is it a coordination, or pointing out the obvious? It was a dark speech intended to play on the fears of the electorate.

BTW, political cartoons would be more effective with proper spelling.

Will his speech persuade others? Those not already for him? I doubt it, but can’t say for sure. The American electorate is an interesting beast. One’s assumptions can go out the window.
Trump went straight for the grievances and fears of people. His main message was, “You’re gettin’ screwed. The elites have turned their backs on you. I’m gonna screw ’em back and bring you deliverance.”
It is an age-old message. And a powerful one.
The pivotal question about Donald Trump’s speech is, do the viewers at home listen to his description of the country’s problems – lawlessness, a growing terrorism threat on our own soil, illegal immigration, a fear about their job viability – and say, ‘Yes, finally, this man gets it”? Or does Trump’s style get in the way of his powerful message?
Added:
My favorite comment that I read last night was .............."This speech should have a Republican response"... :lol:
Edited by B-Man

Conspiracy among every reporter & editor, or maybe because it was dark? Especially since the campaign itself compared it to Tricky Dick's speech in '68?

It's a conspiracy because it wasn't dark. So first they all come to the same conclusion. Which in itself is kind of odd. Then they all come up with the same term? Ok but they aren't very creative and maybe should be doing something else.

Expecting trump to become an effective executive of a large organization despite a horrible history of doing that is a clear sign of delusion.

Why seemingly intelligent people fail to grasp this one, simple, single truth is completely beyond me.

It's a conspiracy because it wasn't dark. So first they all come to the same conclusion. Which in itself is kind of odd. Then they all come up with the same term? Ok but they aren't very creative and maybe should be doing something else.

Tell me how the ovearching tone wasn't dark?

The only thing he forgot to mention was the Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet.

The dude hands out his speech before he gives it. They hand it to Hillary. Her team says "Yes, this is 'dark.'" And the media runs away to prepare comments that it's 'dark.'

They never stay around to hear her finish her thoughts with "Just the way we wrote it for him."

Is anyone watching the Trump press conference right now? Apparently he's talking all about Ted Cruz and the National Enquirer.

Please tell me that's not what's he's doing.

He's going after Hillary, right? He's attacking Hillary?

Anyone?

Last "dark" comment

Media parrots Clinton campaign attack on Trump speech – “dark”

by Prof. William Jacobson

Seek to change the positive perception of actual viewers in a script written by the Clinton campaign.

Donald Trump’s acceptance speech last night was a hit with viewers, as Yahoo News reported:

The majority of viewers who watched Donald Trump’s speech to the Republican National Convention on Thursday night said it made them more likely to vote for him in November, according to a CNN/ORC instant poll.

The poll found that 56% of speech viewers were more likely to vote for the New York businessman after seeing him formally accept the Republican nomination.

32% of viewers said his speech had little effect on them, and 10% said it made them less likely to cast their vote for Trump in November.

Overall, 57% of viewers said they had a “very positive” reaction to Trump’s speech. Meanwhile, 18% said they were “somewhat positive” and 24% said it had a “negative effect.”

Instant polls are just immediate responses, and a self-selected group of people who watched the speech. So follow up coverage is critical. That is how most people will learn of the speech. However many watched it, far more will simply hear a soundbite as filtered in headlines and news stories.

As soon as Trump’s acceptance speech was over, however, the media set out to change the perception and create a narrative.

Read more at the Link:

14 hilarious examples of "dark" given

Edited by B-Man

Still looking for trumpsters who own a calculator and can tell me how he can - introduce universal pre-K, help college grads with student loans, rebuild the depleted military, expand Medicare, leave social security intact, rebuild the country's infrastructure, blow up every trade deal and do it all by cutting taxes on everybody?

You're looking to have a substantive conversation with a Trump supporter.

Hillary bad. LIAR. Rinse repeat.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you this morning's press comments from the GOP presidential nominee on the day after the Republican National Convention.

“They have a picture, an old picture, having breakfast with Lee Harvey Oswald. Now, I’m not saying anything. They said — and here’s how the press takes this story. So this has nothing to do with me. Except I may have pointed it out. But it had nothing to do with me! I have no control over anything! I might have pointed it out. But they never denied it. Did anybody even deny it was the father? Did anybody ever say, ‘oh, that’s not really my father’? That’s a little hard to do because it looks like him. So here’s the story. The press takes that and says, Donald Trump and his conspiracy theories. He went out and said his father was with Lee Harvey Oswald and he assassinated the president. What did I do?”

“I know nothing about his father. I knew nothing about Lee Harvey Oswald. But there was a picture on the front page of the National Enquirer which does have credibility, and they’re not going to do pictures like that, because they get sued for a lot of money if things are wrong. Okay? A lot of money. And there’s a picture. And that’s the only thing I know.”

Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you this morning's press comments from the GOP presidential nominee on the day after the Republican National Convention.

“They have a picture, an old picture, having breakfast with Lee Harvey Oswald. Now, I’m not saying anything. They said — and here’s how the press takes this story. So this has nothing to do with me. Except I may have pointed it out. But it had nothing to do with me! I have no control over anything! I might have pointed it out. But they never denied it. Did anybody even deny it was the father? Did anybody ever say, ‘oh, that’s not really my father’? That’s a little hard to do because it looks like him. So here’s the story. The press takes that and says, Donald Trump and his conspiracy theories. He went out and said his father was with Lee Harvey Oswald and he assassinated the president. What did I do?”

“I know nothing about his father. I knew nothing about Lee Harvey Oswald. But there was a picture on the front page of the National Enquirer which does have credibility, and they’re not going to do pictures like that, because they get sued for a lot of money if things are wrong. Okay? A lot of money. And there’s a picture. And that’s the only thing I know.”

Trying to convince a Trump supporter (1billsfan, Doc) the error of their support is like trying to talk particle physics with a jar of mayonnaise.

Trying to convince a Trump supporter (1billsfan, Doc) the error of their support is like trying to talk particle physics with a jar of mayonnaise.

In fainess, I believe Doc is a reluctant follower. 1billsfan, however, is a completely blind follower.

In fainess, I believe Doc is a reluctant follower. 1billsfan, however, is a completely blind follower.

If I were to rank the danger, I put Trump above Hillary by a lot, but cannot vote for either one.

Hillary is a danger I know.

Just for kicks, I just pulled a jar of mayonnaise out of the fridge and explained Gell-Mann's Eightfold Way to it.

It was just as futile as, but significantly more pleasant than, trying to convince a Trump Davidian of anything.