Trump Alone at the Top

I guess I always figured that on customer reviews they would be obvious trolls but on political message boards it hardly seems worth it. Who the hell is going to change their minds here?

Russia has an entire government agency dedicated to trolling message boards.

Not that I think you're working for the FSB. They have higher standards.

Does B Mans 30 cut and paste jobs a day make you suspicious? Or do only left leaning posts raise suspecion?

I just had the old link on the clip board (from and hour before) and didn't copy new link, that's all. Big crime!

But you would get bent out of shape about a simple mistake. You HAVE to. Someone like you simply has no choice but to try and jump on a small mistake and make more out of it than it is. You would never be able to dissect on complicated argument. You never really contribute anything interesting or intelligent to any debate. You can't!

Who's angry? I'm thankful I'm not a drooling simpleton, and I enjoy pointing out that you are.

Does B Mans 30 cut and paste jobs a day make you suspicious? Or do only left leaning posts raise suspecion?

There's a huge difference. He provides a voluminous amount of links that are germane to a subject and doesn't derail an existing conversation.

Now apply that to your day job.

True.

"Larry" claims the MSS has the most robust "troll factory" and that the US is aspiring to match it. Not sure if that's true or not, I only spent a very brief time with the guy, but everything else he told me checked out.

There was also a large section of the Snowden leaks that dealt with the US's use of trolls: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-02/government-trolls-are-using-psychology-based-influence-techniques-youtube-facebook-a

"Edward Snowden revealed that the unit had engaged in “dirty tricks” like deploying sexual “honey traps” designed to discredit targets, launching denial-of-service attacks to shut down Internet chat rooms, pushing veiled propaganda onto social networks and generally warping discourse online.

(snip)

Particularly disturbing to me is the phrase “domestic extremist groups”. What does someone have to say or do to be considered an “extremist”? For example, the English Defence League is a non-violent street protest movement in the UK that is strongly against the spread of radical Islam and sharia law in the UK. So if they are “extremists”, how many millions upon millions of ordinary citizens in the United States would fit that definition?

When conducting operations against “extremists”, psychology-based influence techniques are among the tools that JTRIG uses to combat them online. The following comes from one of the documents that was posted by Greenwald and Fishman…

Psychology-Based-Influence-Techniques-46

In other words, these government trolls try to mess with people’s minds.

And here is another document that was posted by Greenwald and Fishman that talks about how JTRIG uses YouTube, Facebook and Twitter to accomplish their goals…

Government-Trolls-460x482.jpg

It is very disturbing to think that some of the people that we may be interacting with on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are actually paid government agents that are purposely trying to feed us propaganda and misinformation."

More here, including Greenwald's original article: https://theintercept.com/2015/06/22/controversial-gchq-unit-domestic-law-enforcement-propaganda/

More: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/02/russia-troll-factory-kremlin-cyber-army-comparisons

True.

"Larry" claims the MSS has the most robust "troll factory" and that the US is aspiring to match it. Not sure if that's true or not, I only spent a very brief time with the guy, but everything else he told me checked out.

There was also a large section of the Snowden leaks that dealt with the US's use of trolls: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-02/government-trolls-are-using-psychology-based-influence-techniques-youtube-facebook-a

"Edward Snowden revealed that the unit had engaged in “dirty tricks” like deploying sexual “honey traps” designed to discredit targets, launching denial-of-service attacks to shut down Internet chat rooms, pushing veiled propaganda onto social networks and generally warping discourse online.

(snip)

Particularly disturbing to me is the phrase “domestic extremist groups”. What does someone have to say or do to be considered an “extremist”? For example, the English Defence League is a non-violent street protest movement in the UK that is strongly against the spread of radical Islam and sharia law in the UK. So if they are “extremists”, how many millions upon millions of ordinary citizens in the United States would fit that definition?

When conducting operations against “extremists”, psychology-based influence techniques are among the tools that JTRIG uses to combat them online. The following comes from one of the documents that was posted by Greenwald and Fishman…

Psychology-Based-Influence-Techniques-46

In other words, these government trolls try to mess with people’s minds.

And here is another document that was posted by Greenwald and Fishman that talks about how JTRIG uses YouTube, Facebook and Twitter to accomplish their goals…

Government-Trolls-460x482.jpg

It is very disturbing to think that some of the people that we may be interacting with on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are actually paid government agents that are purposely trying to feed us propaganda and misinformation."

More here, including Greenwald's original article: https://theintercept.com/2015/06/22/controversial-gchq-unit-domestic-law-enforcement-propaganda/

More: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/02/russia-troll-factory-kremlin-cyber-army-comparisons

"Paid government agents?" What about the Clinton campaign?

There's a huge difference. He provides a voluminous amount of links that are germane to a subject and doesn't derail an existing conversation.

You are full of it. Your bias is so great, your capacity for objectivity so small

Who's angry? I'm thankful I'm not a drooling simpleton, and I enjoy pointing out that you are.

You are a simpleton, that's all I know. Its obvious,, because You can't make any serious arguments. You cant

While I do agree with the overall premise of your argument, I do find fault in your style.

This is a Trump thread. Your opening statement should have been: The difference is yuuuuuuge!

His links are great, you're gonna love 'em

Edited by /dev/null

While I do agree with the overall premise of your argument, I do find fault in your style.

This is a Trump thread. Your opening statement should have been: The difference is yuuuuuuge!

His links are great, you're gonna love 'em

Not only are they great, they are the best and finest links that the Internet has ever seen and you will be so proud of donald after you click those links.

Not only are they great, they are the best and finest links that the Internet has ever seen and you will be so proud of donald after you click those links.

Trust me you'll see, you'll see. Its what plants crave. More links. Were going to copy more links and they're going to read them , they're going to read them.