NFL finally holding refs accountable?

YoloinOhio

Two Ref's threads so I'll post this twice.

Too little too late Roger

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14276706/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-says-league-look-improve-rule-defining-catch-is

Roger Goodell: 'We want to find a better solution' for defining a catch

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..so accountable...Robey AGAIN is told by the NFL he shouldn't have been flagged for Pass Interference on a key play in the game...what makes it worse is it was the SAME crew that flagged him for that BS penalty against Jacksonville. Both led to key touchdowns in the game soon after.

Yeah...reeeealllll accountable. Hey, no problem, our refs keep fvcking up key plays in the game helping you lose, we admit they were wrong, but oh well. Nothing you can do now, we'll just give them a slap on the wrist.

the problem is they are 50-60 year old men who can't keep up with how fast the game is being played. they were fine for 3 yards and a cloud of dust but not now

NHL and Soccer Refs are in their 30s and 40s and can get in position to make the correct call more than likely.

full time younger refs with a simpler rule book is the way to go

I disagree with this. I don't think the problem is the refs are not in position. Most of the time I see bad calls there is a ref standing right there. Refs really don't have to run that much. They have 7 of them and they are strategically positioned around the field.

Soccer is different because they only have one on the field (at least in MLS) so he HAS to run around to see what's going on.

I don't think that's the case in football. They're in position, they just make bad calls.

The simpler rule book I agree with 100% though.