Who else is still pissed off!

Sound off merry gentlemen. Who else here is still pissed off at this team a day later. Most Bills defeats go away by the end of Sunday, at least by Monday night, but here it is Tuesday night and I'm still feeling this one.

Maybe it's because I am getting old and have been a fan over 40 years and it's finally starting to wear thin.

Every year I drink the f'kin kool aide like it's water in a desert. But this year felt different. I really thought Rex would improve a good team that Marrone couldn't take to the promised land.

Granted Marrone had his shortcomings and his offense was horrific for a better part of his tenure, but damn this defense was really good last year.

I never would have believed Rex with his pedigree and experience would f'k it up so bad that teams would run on us at will and that we couldn't bring the heat when needed.

I honestly thought Shady, Williams, Harvin, Clay, and Sammy would make a difference and that adequate QB play would get us 11-12 wins. The truly sad part is that we have the talent to win out and go 10-6 and make the playoffs, but that probably won't happen.

I can see Houston sucking the life out of this team and a loss to Washington. If the Jets are on a roll, the Bills will lay down and finish 7-9.

Will that get Rex fired. Damn well should. Then we get to do this **** all over again next year. What really sucks is that my sadistic Bills blood will still sit through another year of **** football.

I spent weeks being angry. But I'm moving beyond that now. I started the year thinking that we'd probably make the playoffs this year. Now I think the playoffs are improbable this and next year. Rex just isn't the savior HC I thought he would be.

I'm personally moving to Stage 5: I accept that Rex isn't the defensive mastermind I thought he was and the the play of the Bills D will not excel under him. I accept that Roman will always do will with the run game but struggle developing a potent aerial attack.

1. Denial — The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
  2. Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, it becomes frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".
  3. Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise.
  4. Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"

During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the mathematical probability of death. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.

5. Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."; "Nothing is impossible."

In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pissed at Rex and the Pegulas for hiring him.

It's no fun anymore. I bought the Sunday Ticket this season to watch the games, but once this season is over, I am going to do my best to ignore this team. I'll pay some attention when next season rolls around, but it won't be any intense involvement. It's not worth it. Call me when they are in the playoffs again--I'll watch them, withough any expectations.

You are the perfect example of someone who vigorously attacks any negative take I have all offseason and then contemplates his existence when bad decisions yield bad football in the fall.

People overlooked a lot of mistakes last offseason just for the sake of blind optimism.

The lesson is that it's actually OK to be objective.

The Bills are a product.

If you want to support them solely for the sake of keeping them in the area, that's fine.

But there is no need to defend a bad product.

These people are pro's paid large salaries to outperform other pro's.

The excuse making on this board gets way out of hand and when the realization that bad decisions lead to losing football hits home this time every year it leads to personal implosions like all the self pity in this thread.

Be a fan but don't be afraid to expect success.

You are the perfect example of someone who vigorously attacks any negative take I have all offseason and then contemplates his existence when bad decisions yield bad football in the fall.

People overlooked a lot of mistakes last offseason just for the sake of blind optimism.

The lesson is that it's actually OK to be objective.

The Bills are a product.

If you want to support them solely for the sake of keeping them in the area, that's fine.

But there is no need to defend a bad product.

These people are pro's paid large salaries to outperform other pro's.

The excuse making on this board gets way out of hand and when the realization that bad decisions lead to losing football hits home this time every year it leads to personal implosions like all the self pity in this thread.

Be a fan but don't be afraid to expect success.

I'm not trying to be rhetorical but who would be foolish enough to recommend hiring someone who overall had a 6 year HCing record that was more noted for its failures than successes. He was fired for good cause.

When an organization hires a "hot" coordinator it is with the realization that it is making a projection on a the candidate. That was not the case when Rex was hired. He was dispatched from a team that he left in shambles. So what was the appeal? It certainly wasn't his record.

My theory is that the new owners wanted to generate interest in what was known to be a nondescript and inconsequential franchise. Marrone was colorless and he was humorless. So the new owners went in the opposite direction. The Pegulas mistakenly found it appealing that one of the coaching candidates possessed a "big personality" who could make a splash.

Whaley and the new owners made a big mistake when they hired this brash fired HC who was more noted for his antics than for his coaching prowess. An interesting contrast can be made between the coach for the Sabres and the coach for the Bills. One is mature and capable and the other is a second-rate mid-week New Jersey I-95 Holiday Inn kareoke act.

The bottom line is organizations that consistently fail do so mostly because of their own incompetence. And the corollary is that organizations that consistently succeed do so mostly because of their own competence.

I posted this link on another thread. It is an ominous portending of what could happen the longer Rex is involved. Heaven forbid he is given more authority on personnel. Didn't anyone know of the basic concept of doing one's "due diligence" before making an important hire?

The reality is that the Jets are a better team without him as a head coach and we are a worse team with him as a head coach. When you hire a huckster you get a huckster!

The link is twelve minutes long but all you have to listen to is a couple of minutes before walking away and saying WTF!

This is us!

The Bills have been a project for 16 years. Enough! Terry, it is time you take the bull by the horns and get a real coach. I have heard this guy Rex snow us for a good part of the year. Taking the number four defense on the NFL and ruin it is not acceptable. Not using your big buck guys like Watkins and Clay is not acceptable. Kim-- Tell Terry to cut bait and bale. I have followed this team for 50 years and die a little more every Sunday. If I had preformed like Rex at my job I would not have had it. A sad day in Buffalo.

So Magic, did you want me to go into a further drunken stooper depression than I already have over these coaching decisions. :wallbash:

Seriously, I do appreciate the link, and he is right on. It's too bad as Tannenbaum is not a terrible GM. He just had trouble managing the cap.

Not terrible, but he didn't manage the Jets turnover on offense very well. They had a couple big misses at skill positions in FA and the draft; notably Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill, and letting Shonn Greene try to fill the shoes of Thomas Jones/LTD.

And of course someone had to be the fall guy for the Tebow debacle.

I got over the game a couple days ago, I looked at the all-22 and thought there was PI on robey now that is a fact. I looked at a couple plays in the 2nd half and saw Sammy one-on-one and open and Tyrod looks at him, but doesn't throw the ball. Was his shoulder hurting it didn't he start to lose his nerve after getting some pressure. I think we knock the crap out of the Texans tomorrow. Hoyer is nothing special. Tyrod will roll protection away from Watt and Shady will run circles around him. I'm mad that a mother of a 6 month old can go shoot up a Christmas party and leave the kid with no parents, that is upsetting to me. Football is a game and this will be my last home game of the year as I am selling the last two games and heading to Florida for a couple months. I hope they win out and go to the playoffs and I hate myself for selling the tix. But I don't want to disappoint the wife and not get in the house when it opens on the first.

GO BILLS!

Even with a talented roster, it takes time for a new coaching staff to get settled in. You can see the relationship between scheme and players improve over the course of the year although its in fits and starts — defense last week against NE, offense this week, at least in the first half. They have a favorable stretch of opponents to end the season. I'm interested to see how they respond.

The past 2 D.C. didn't seem to have any issues getting the most out of that unit...