"We're not good enough..."

Dan III

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not?  He *wasn't* good enough either -- he was near the top of the league in runs for negative yards.  How many 2nd and 3rd and shorts did he fail to pick up?

Part of that is the OL, and part is the RB.

He has room for improvement, as does everyone else.

CW

241947[/snapback]

I would say (off the cuff) that less than 15% of WM's negative runs had something to do with him. That's acceptable and will improve with experience. The rest are on the OLine and DB. The OLine for obvious reasons and DB because he's not trusted enough to audible out of plays when the defense shows something that is likely to blow up what we have called.

Yeah I forgot about that.  I'm anxious to see if Reed improves with J.P there though.

I think a lot of the struggles our WR's have had is that Drew would lock onto Moulds all the time.

241994[/snapback]

I blame Drew for a lot, but I won't blame him for the ammount of balls dropped by our receivers, especially Reed and Moulds.

He breaks that many 20+ yard runs to make up for it.

He only had 10 rushes for 20+ yards all year...

He had 5 rushes for 0 yards or less against Pittsurgh alone.

That tells me that both the OL and WM need to improve next year.

CW

CW

242008[/snapback]

Or it could tell you that the defense doesn't respect our passing game enough to care about getting burned down the field.

Willis made something out of nothing the whole year. That is why he unseated Travis in the first place. Whether it was the passing game not getting respect, the O-line not opening holes, or Bledsoe's lack of mobility allowing teams teams to not have to account for that, it certainly wasn't Willis not finding the holes.

Yeah I forgot about that.  I'm anxious to see if Reed improves with J.P there though.

I think a lot of the struggles our WR's have had is that Drew would lock onto Moulds all the time.

241994[/snapback]

I think TD left little doubt with his comments today that the Bills are FAR from over addressing the Offensive side of the ball...

If you want to go by what has been said thusfar, I think TE will be the next biggest priority on Offense after the LT situation plays out...If Jonas leaves, I trust The Bills Brass will be prepared with an alternative similar to Fletcher for Cowart, and Vincent for Winfield...But MM is already on record saying he's really nervous about the health at TE, and the Bills could use a better athlete there regardless...

At WR, Reed, F. Smith, and Aiken will battle it out, and I imagine a Draft Pick is a possibility...But I kind of doubt the Bills do much to improve there...The younger Players just have to get better...period...

The next obvious Position to be addressed on Offense is LG, and TD mentioned the O-Line 1st in his critique of the offensive performance on Offense this past Season...

So I imagine you'll see a genuine effort to bring in talent at TE, and LG at the absolute minimum... :rolleyes:

Or it could tell you that the defense doesn't respect our passing game enough to care about getting burned down the field.

242011[/snapback]

So let me get this straight.

Bledsoe is the reason we couldn't pass.

Bledsoe is the reason we couldn't run.

I can't remember, did he hold on FGs?

Whatever. I smell Super Bowl!!!

And the Parade Rain begins... :rolleyes:

Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but I've been saying this since that embarrassment of a season finale by ALL INVOLVED, including the defense and ST's. When you as an offense have 5 runs for 0 or negative yards, dropped passes, stupid penalties, a lack of TE's, and a missed FG, it's obviously more than just about the QB. And that's not even talking about the performance of the defense and ST's.

Don't kid yourself, the easiest way to improve the Offense is with a QB who is better than 13th best in the AFC, and 25th best in the League Overall...I'm not saying JP will do that in 2005, but the Reward compared to Risk factor is FAR higher at QB than any other Position in this Offense...

In theory, it's "easy." However when you're dealing with a 2nd year QB who missed most of his 1st season with a broken leg, the reality if it's far from "easy."

And all JP has to do is cut the dumb mistakes in half and he'll outperform Bledsoe next Season guaranteed...I have no idea if he'll do that, but I'll trust Mularkey, Clements, and Wyche know better than I... :lol:

They DON'T know. That's why JP is already in Buffalo. Hopefully JP shines and makes the decision a correct one because, whether one likes the move to dump Bledsoe or not, it's done and we have to move forward. But to blame the problems on offense on Bledsoe is ridiculous. That's the reason why the Bills will be focusing on improving the O-line, getting healthy/better TE's, and finding a dependable 3rd WR. But guess what? Those things would have helped Bledsoe out a lot this past season as well.

CW

242008[/snapback]

He started what 11-12 games?

You say "only" 10, but he was among the leaders in that category.

Look if JP truly sucked in practice or couldn't grasp the plays then they would not annoint him the starter. TD, MM and others are not going to destroy their careers by swinging for the fences on a complete unknown? I really think they love what they've seen out of him. He could turn out to be great in 2005 or he could be average. I doubt he will be bad. I personally think he will fall somewhere between Roethlisberger (not as successful) and Eli Manning (more prepared to be a starter than Eli). I don't think JP will be good enough to lead us to the playoffs. Unfortunately he alone will probably cost us two games just by inexperience. I think we will be 8-8 in 2005 but at least I can handle that knowing we are on the way up. With Drew 9-7 or 8-8 was his peak.

I'd say we should raise a Glass today Brother!!! :D

It's been a long, arduous Road...The funny thing is My Best Friend is a Cowboys Fan, and now he's sweating bullets!!!! :huh:

241982[/snapback]

:D

i sit across from Cowboy Fan. I put it in his head for a week now that Drew will be wearing a star next season. He waved it off as being just speculation, but now he's starting to worry. I mentioned it again this morning that I read something in the Fort Worth Star that alluded to old Snow Shoes Drew being considered by his boys.

He flipped me off. Well, a minute later i stormed his cube and he had the article up.

:huh:

i sit across from Cowboy Fan. I put it in his head for a week now that Drew will be wearing a star next season. He waved it off as being just speculation, but now he's starting to worry. I mentioned it again this morning that I read something in the Fort Worth Star that alluded to old Snow Shoes Drew being considered by his boys.

He flipped me off. Well, a minute later i stormed his cube and he had the article up.

242275[/snapback]

It's too much Fun, is it not? :D