Jason Hatcher Rips the Refs

Rob's House

Looks to me like both Bills tackles are technically in the backfield rather than on the line, and either could have been called for that. No excuse. Not on the coaches. They have been lining up since sixth grade.

I literally just deleted a reply where I mentioned "this is something we were taught at the 10 year old level of Pop Warner". Bad mental breakdown by both Miller and Henderson.

Regardless, my beef is with the refs not even knowing the way to enforce rules, like on the inadvertent whistle call. The whistle blew while the ball was in the air so the play should have been reset and replayed. Not given the completion and 15 extra yards.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm naive, but I think the inconsistency in calling penalties is more due to the fact that the refs are human, and miss things/get things wrong, like humans do. We just have 100 cameras all in super duper HD to catch it all now. The hyper scrutiny is kind of ridiculous.

I'm 55 and pretty healthy. I think I could do a better job. However, I can't help but feel these guys are too old to call the games. Ref's should be under 40-45 yrs of age. Just sayin'. My 2 cents.

I've proven that making the NFL refs full time would have no impact on their performance because it hasn't done so in every other league with full time refs.

You have proven no such thing. The fact that you think somebody spending all their employment hours working to get better at something would have absolutly no effect is comical. DC Tom is right that the rules need to be simplified but full time refs would absolutely improve the officiating. The question is by how much it would be improved, not if it would be.

I literally just deleted a reply where I mentioned "this is something we were taught at the 10 year old level of Pop Warner". Bad mental breakdown by both Miller and Henderson.

Regardless, my beef is with the refs not even knowing the way to enforce rules, like on the inadvertent whistle call. The whistle blew while the ball was in the air so the play should have been reset and replayed. Not given the completion and 15 extra yards.

They knew it. They just gave it to them. I mentioned elsewhere that it's become so bad that even on the one play that the Patriots got screwed badly, they still ended up 12-13 yards ahead of where they should have been. :wallbash:

There should be no late night games. These guys were way passed their bed time. Standing right there on the side line and blowing calls. You can make all the excuses you want but they have been terrible all year. Face mask last night was not a penalty. Next week maybe. Please--- they have blown more games this year than is exceptable. The 44 million dollar man has to go. Get someone who can run a tight ship and act like a corporate boss. Gooddell has to go. He has done nothing to address the real problems and only answers to the owners. Us poor guys suffer every week and go back for more. Enough is enough. Spend some money on real refs. I don't need a bank VP blowing calls because he hasn't learned the rule book.

They knew it. They just gave it to them. I mentioned elsewhere that it's become so bad that even on the one play that the Patriots got screwed badly, they still ended up 12-13 yards ahead of where they should have been. :wallbash:

It reminded me of the umpire scene in The Naked Gun.