JFF takes the reins!

FireChan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live about an hour from Cleveland, and there seems to be at least a spike in interest among already-depressed Browns fans. They're thinking the same thing we are though......the season's over, so why not?

That being said, I think he's going to get hurt behind that line. They have no running game at all and defenses plan accordingly. So when it's time for Johnny to pass, they're really going to get after him.

The only way that I think it might work is if they keep things very simple for him, and try to take advantage of his mobility with some designed rollouts so he can get in space. The downside would be that if he doesn't learn to slide, he won't make it through the rest of the season.

I feel bad for Pettine. Their front office is a dumpster fire and the owner has no idea of what he's doing.

I'm sure Pettine is getting pressure from the owner to play him. If it gives Pettine another year, I would do it. The only way for him to improve is to play. I still think he is not a starting QB in the NFL and was overdrafted, just like EJ.

Typical owner getting caught up in the hype. Bridgewater had a bad pro day, but if you base your decision on his play in college, it was obvious he should have been the top QB drafted in that class including Bortles.

Bridgewater had a bad pro day, but if you base your decision on his play in college, it was obvious he should have been the top QB drafted in that class including Bortles.

Bridgewater was the "safest" pick for sure and I always felt that way. But if I felt like I had to take one of those guys in the top 10 I'd have gone the same way the Jags did and picked Bortles. Bortles has shown some improvement this year and is playing behind a terrible offensive line, however, at the moment no doubt Carr is the leader in the field from that group. I'd have felt okay with any of those 3 if I was looking for a QB. No way I'd have touched Manziel in the 1st.