Well I guess no playoffs again in 05-06

Rudyc80

We have not made the playoffs for 5 friggin years and have a probowl players all over on defense and a solid offense but TD has decided we will let Losman run the show and that makes me nervous cause this franchise needs playoffs. Losman does not have time to adjust.

Let me say im not a bledsoe supporter cause he has killed us many sundays but losman looked a little scared out there with no clue.....they should sign a vet who can play and get us in the playoffs while losman learns 1 more year...we cannot miss the post season again....TD will be let go if thats the case! I think Losman will be great for us but we gotta make the damn playoffs!

We have not made the playoffs for 5 friggin years and have a probowl players all over on defense and a solid offense but TD has decided we will let Losman kill next season for us.....and that fuggin sucks!!!

Let me say im not a bledsoe supporter cause he has killed us many sundays but losman looked like a scared little kid out there with no clue.....they should sign a vet who can play and get us in teh playoffs while losman learns 1 more year...we cannot miss the post season again....TD will be let go if thats the case!

241244[/snapback]

We are, as they say...."Doomed"

We have not made the playoffs for 5 friggin years and have a probowl players all over on defense and a solid offense but TD has decided we will let Losman kill next season for us.....and that fuggin sucks!!!

241244[/snapback]

Before you jump in the lifeboat with NJSue and proclaim a 1-15 record, why don't we see how things play out in mini camps, training camp and the preseason.

Let me say im not a bledsoe supporter cause he has killed us many sundays but losman looked like a scared little kid out there with no clue.....they should sign a vet who can play and get us in teh playoffs while losman learns 1 more year...we cannot miss the post season again....TD will be let go if thats the case!

241244[/snapback]

Definition of insanity, continuing to do the same things and expect differant results. We missed last year with a a cream puff schedule. What would happen next year if we missed agin with Drew at the helm.

Before you jump in the lifeboat with NJSue and proclaim a 1-15 record, why don't we see how things play out in mini camps, training camp and the preseason.

241251[/snapback]

No most cannot do that...they dosent give someone "instant gratification"..sometimes everyone seems to only want nowadays.

241251[/snapback]

Agreed. Give the guy a chance. Let him take some snaps as a starter before proclaimimg him a bust. He may turn out to be a very good QB or he may not but one thing is for certain the coaches feel he is going to be a good one and that's good enough for me.

Definition of insanity, continuing to do the same things and expect differant results. We missed last year with a a cream puff schedule. What would happen next year if we missed agin with Drew at the helm.

241258[/snapback]

The cream puff schedule assertion is misguided as I've pointed out before.

Bills had 8th most difficult shedule out of 32 teams. Cream puff?

Bills ended the year ranked 8th best team in NFL of 32 teams.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl04.htm

Now while I'm of course fully aware that the team won the 9 games and Bledsoe lost the 7, the truth is that this team was a strong contender.

241244[/snapback]

Here's a thought. Maybe...just maybe...this move changes the Buffalo Bills fortune in regards to playoff appearances.

241244[/snapback]

I for one am very encouraged by the fact that the team is doing this so early in the process. Keep in mind that JP is already at OBD. I'm sure all the coaches are right there with him. He's going to be ready. the offense is going to be tailored to highllight his strengths and make up for his weaknesses.

I may sound like an eternal optimist...so what! I don't care.

The cream puff schedule assertion is misguided as I've pointed out before.

Bills had 8th most difficult shedule out of 32 teams. Cream puff?

Bills ended the year ranked 8th best team in NFL of 32 teams.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl04.htm

Now while I'm of course fully aware that the team won the 9 games and Bledsoe lost the 7, the truth is that this team was a strong contender.

241327[/snapback]

OKay, I forgot how strong the NFC West was this year. Dam, those Cards and the 49ers were sure great wins. And oh yea, lets look at the bills record agaisnt top 16 teams according to ole Sagarin 2 and friggin 6 agaisnt top 16 teams.

Got news for you, the Pats aren't moving out of the East or the AFC. WE need a QB that can beat a team that is GOOD

I for one am very encouraged by the fact that the team is doing this so early in the process. Keep in mind that JP is already at OBD. I'm sure all the coaches are right there with him. He's going to be ready. the offense is going to be tailored to highllight his strengths and make up for his weaknesses.

I may sound like an eternal optimist...so what! I don't care.

241377[/snapback]

Not to mention that this is McGahee's offense, not Losman's. This is something that's lost on many. We're not looking for a "star" QB this year, just someone who can make heady plays and not turn the ball over.

OKay, I forgot how strong the NFC West was this year. Dam, those Cards and the 49ers were sure great wins. And oh yea, lets look at the bills record agaisnt top 16 teams according to ole Sagarin  2 and friggin 6 agaisnt top 16 teams.

Got news for you, the Pats aren't moving out of the East or the AFC. WE need a QB that can beat a team that is GOOD

241385[/snapback]

What do you expect to them to do against the 49ers and Cardinals? Win 70-0? They completely dominated those games just like a good team should. The Jets and the Patriots played the exact same teams yet we don't discount those wins from their record. They were what their record said they were, a 9-7 team against a fairly difficult schedule.

The move needed to be made.

The cost between Drew and the weapons he needs to be successful won't be nearly as much as giving the rook a go and working around what he needs. I haven't seen nearly enough of JP but I assume that Mularkey, TD and Wyche have seen enough to make this decision.

I think we can be successful in 2005 even though JP is going to play like a rookie.

Let's face it folks we won 9 this year with Mr. Washed up behind center.

What do you expect to them to do against the 49ers and Cardinals? Win 70-0? They completely dominated those games just like a good team should. The Jets and the Patriots played the exact same teams yet we don't discount those wins from their record. They were what their record said they were, a 9-7 team against a fairly difficult schedule.

241396[/snapback]

I agree that you can only play whats in front of you, and no the pats and jets do not play the same schedule as us. Pats, for instance, had to play the colts, which we did not. Granted, only two games per year based on previous years record, but still a differance. My only point is this, name me a true quality win where you felt Drew was the differance. I know people will say Miami, and I'll give you that one. But still, they are picking second in the draft fro a reason.

Now name me the losses that you think he was a big reason, not the only mind you, for the loss. I think we can name quite a few. Ravens, Raiders, Stillers, both NE games

241244[/snapback]

I admit, the situation appears to be dark, but I'm glad we do have some positives. Plus, you never know what TD has got up his sleeve. I'd sure like us to have that dominating offensive line.

The move needed to be made.

The cost between Drew and the weapons he needs to be successful won't be nearly as much as giving the rook a go and working around what he needs. I haven't seen nearly enough of JP but I assume that Mularkey, TD and Wyche have seen enough to make this decision.

I think we can be successful in 2005 even though JP is going to play like a rookie.

Let's face it folks we won 9 this year with Mr. Washed up behind center.

241407[/snapback]

I agree.

How many games did Bledsoe win for us last year? I'm not going to put all the blame on Bledsoe for the losses and for missing the playoffs, but I am also not going to give him credit for the wins. There was not a single game last year where Bledsoe pulled out the victory for us; where after the game you were thankful that we had a talented, veteran QB at the helm. On the other hand, there were definitely games where a lot of the blame for a loss was correctly put on Bledsoe. Baltimore and Oakland come to mind, some say the Pittsburgh game although I blame that as much on our top five defense disappearing.

What exactly are we losing by releasing Bledsoe and starting Losman? I don't think it is very likely that Losman will win us many games next year all by himself, but neither did Bledsoe. I think it is likely that Losman may be to blame for a couple losses next year, but so was Bledsoe.

We put the pressure on McGahee, the defense and the special teams to win next year and add some creativity to the offense. We bring Losman along slowly during the season and be careful not to pressure him too much. This has been done before, very recently. Last year with the Steelers. Two years ago with the Carolina Panthers and Delhomme.

I want to see the defense get better with Vincent and McGee more comfortable. I want to see McGahee get 1600 yards and go to the Pro Bowl. I can't wait to see teams try to figure out coverage for both Moulds and Evans while worrying about Losman scrambling and McGahee taking a swing pass. I can't wait to see McNally improve the OL even more. There is a LOT to look forward to next year; more importantly, I think there is more to look forward to with Losman than with Bledsoe.

241244[/snapback]

The best thing about your post is the avatar...wait and see what happens...none of us know how JP will do.

I like the move cause I know where DB was taking us....NOWHERE!