Purpose of press conference is clear

scribo

I read the Ralph himself will be there. So I suppose Mularkey will be there. TD will obviously be there.

Will Drew be there? Will Losman be there?

Will tears be shed?

It doesn't make sense to me, but it seems to me that this is going to be some kind of Drew lovefest. Will TD play some kind of montage of Drew's greatest passes?

I read the Ralph himself will be there. So I suppose Mularkey will be there. TD will obviously be there.

Will Drew be there? Will Losman be there?

Will tears be shed?

It doesn't make sense to me, but it seems to me that this is going to be some kind of Drew lovefest. Will TD play some kind of montage of Drew's greatest passes?

241237[/snapback]

Drew is in Portland.

He doesn't come to Buffalo to prepare in the off-season when he is the QB.

Why would he show up to get fired?

Look at the way he cut Bruce, Andre and Thurman for your guide on how it's handled today.

Business move and you have your walking papers. Ba da bing, the donuts are in the press room.

In retrospect, I would've liked to see those three get a proper ceremonial send-off, but at the time it's done, how it was done was probably the best way to handle that kind of situation. Today's not much different.

Look at the way he cut Bruce, Andre and Thurman for your guide on how it's handled today.

Business move and you have your walking papers. Ba da bing, the donuts are in the press room.

In retrospect, I would've liked to see those three get a proper ceremonial send-off, but at the time it's done, how it was done was probably the best way to handle that kind of situation. Today's not much different.

241321[/snapback]

I agree that all three deserved much better than they got. But I don't think TD has any idea how important they were to the franchise. TD brought Drew to Buffalo. I think TD sees it as much different than when he sent someone else's guys packing.

I agree that all three deserved much better than they got. But I don't think TD has any idea how important they were to the franchise. TD brought Drew to Buffalo. I think TD sees it as much different than when he sent someone else's guys packing.

241345[/snapback]

TD didnt release Thurman, Bruce and Andre, that was a year before he got here. That was all Butler's doing.

Will TD play some kind of montage of Drew's greatest passes?

To our team or theirs?

241353[/snapback]

Maybe he'll have to just not show the catching part of each pass. Just show the ball leaving his hand!

TD didnt release Thurman, Bruce and Andre, that was a year before he got here.  That was all Butler's doing.

241362[/snapback]

Uhm, yeah he did. Not that he had much choice about it. He needed to cut guys. That's the nature of the beast. The way he did it, tho, was a tad skeevy. Legendary guys finding out they've been cut on ESPN's ticker. Christie is another example of this.

Linky-poo.

As the NFL draft approaches, I’ve been listening to the local sports buzz and the criticism of Tom Donahoe as the Bills GM, especially in regard to his draft record. So let’s start at the beginning…the Bills hire Tom Donohoe after GM John Butler stabs owner Ralph Wilson in the back and runs to San Diego. Donohoe has to do the dirty work and clean house for the Bills, releasing Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and numerous other veterans in order to get under the salary cap. In the midst of all this, he also has to run his first draft as President of the Bills. Let’s see how he did…

Uhm, yeah he did. Not that he had much choice about it. He needed to cut guys. That's the nature of the beast. The way he did it, tho, was a tad skeevy. Legendary guys finding out they've been cut on ESPN's ticker. Christie is another example of this.

Linky-poo.

241404[/snapback]

Check your facts and don't rely on bloggers who don't do their homework. Butler absolutely cut Thurman, Bruce, and Andre. That's why Donahoe's first decisions (other than hiring a coach) were what to do about Moulds and Marcellus Wiley. Wiley, you may recall, had a big year as Bruce's replacement as the big pass-rushing end. TD kept Moulds and let Wiley go to San Diego.

Oh yeah, there was some other decision about keeping a quarterback. That also played out this time of year.

Check your facts and don't rely on bloggers who don't do their homework.  Butler absolutely cut Thurman, Bruce, and Andre.  That's why Donahoe's first decisions (other than hiring a coach) were what to do about Moulds and Marcellus Wiley.  Wiley, you may recall, had a big year as Bruce's replacement as the big pass-rushing end.  TD kept Moulds and let Wiley go to San Diego.

Oh yeah, there was some other decision about keeping a quarterback.  That also played out this time of year.

241423[/snapback]

I stand corrected. (Even Sherlock Holmes had his 'Norbury').